Author Topic: Novation Launchpad mini - skips a song when configured to play main  (Read 1327 times)

lradio

• New User

I have been trying for some time to figure out the source of this problem: Whenever I press the assigned keypad for MainPlay on my Novation Launchpad Mini, RDJ skips one song from the playlist. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
LRadio

Marius

• Administrator

• Radio DJ
Re: Novation Launchpad mini - skips a song when configured to play main
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 09:35:54 PM »
What happens if you keep the button pressed? If you assign a button to the carts and keep it pressed does it behave strangely?
I tried to read the manual of Novation Launchpad Mini, but it seems that is mostly a very brief start up guide, so i don't know how the buttons are supposed to work. They are pressure sensitive?
If so, that's the reason. Classic midi buttons have two states 0 and 255 (min and max), but pressure sensitive keys are working like faders from 0 to 255 depending by the force you are using.
Each time the value is changed and is greater than 0 is interpreted as a button press.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

lradio

• New User

Re: Novation Launchpad mini - skips a song when configured to play main
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 05:05:20 AM »
Hello Marius,

the LaunchPAD Mini seems in fact to be pressure sensitive. Some keypads (round ones) seems to be more sensitive than the others (square ones). With your explanation I changed the "main play" to one of the square ones and that seems to solve the problem - that is once I don't press the key for too long. But I can work with it like this. Once again - Thanks every so much for the help.
Note: All the other assignments (Aux Players, Instant Players and Control Options) work very well without problems.

Thanks a million!!!!