Author Topic: I don't want to hear myself  (Read 1618 times)

MW_Marco

I don't want to hear myself
« on: August 09, 2014, 11:54:00 PM »
Hey guys,
I'm really in love with RadioDJ. Everything works fine with my machine, but the only thing ist, that I want to stream without a mixer! So I need an automation software, which is able to set my mic as the input and stream everything together to our listeners. Everything is good, BUT I HEAR MYSELF! Is there a way, not to hear myself?
If there is no ability for me, to not hear myself, I have no chance to use radiodj.....;((((((((

PLS HELP ME.......;(

technik3d

Re: I don't want to hear myself
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 11:52:14 AM »
I think on this subject, there is either no answer or no solution. What is a great pity :'( :'(

DJ Garybaldy

• Global Moderator

• Personal Text
    Don't Shoot! I'm only the Moderator
    • DJ Garybaldy Blog
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 12:03:47 PM »
Hey guys,
I'm really in love with RadioDJ. Everything works fine with my machine, but the only thing ist, that I want to stream without a mixer! So I need an automation software, which is able to set my mic as the input and stream everything together to our listeners. Everything is good, BUT I HEAR MYSELF! Is there a way, not to hear myself?
If there is no ability for me, to not hear myself, I have no chance to use radiodj.....;((((((((

PLS HELP ME.......;(

If you want your stream to sound professional you at least you need a mixer to control your Microphone. IMHO

The idea of a microphone button in RadioDJ has been discussed before but that has been quashed by Marius.

The latency issues of a microphone input in software has always been a bad idea. i could never get the VoiceFX input working in another piece of automation software due to the latency issues.

You can pick up a decent mixer pretty cheap if you search Google Ebay & Amazon. I paid less than £100 for my current mixer .

Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

RadioDJ is my FAVOURITE piece of radio playout software EVER

https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/search?q=radiodj

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

paypal.me/djgarybaldy

Capt_Fuzzy

• Personal Text
    "Quiet numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" ~ Moe Howard
    • WVRR - Ridgerunners Radio
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 06:25:33 AM »
I use this and it works great! Best part, it's CHEAP.  :cool:
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade
Proud & Satisfied "Long-term" RadioDJ User
(Currently making the transition to v2)

WVRR - Ridgerunners Radio
The best mix of your favorites!

technik3d

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 08:46:25 AM »
Google Translater is so  :angry:

This is all well and good .. but we are a hobby radio and do not have to buy the medium each of the Dj's mixing console. A simple solution would be enough for me so for that you can switch the program on mute by saying for the duration of the. But this is indeed not possible using Shortcute, only the mouse ..

DJ Garybaldy

• Global Moderator

• Personal Text
    Don't Shoot! I'm only the Moderator
    • DJ Garybaldy Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 11:01:07 AM »
Google Translater is so  :angry:

This is all well and good .. but we are a hobby radio and do not have to buy the medium each of the Dj's mixing console. A simple solution would be enough for me so for that you can switch the program on mute by saying for the duration of the. But this is indeed not possible using Shortcute, only the mouse ..

Every station I’ve done work for you had to have your own gear such as a mixer & microphone. You shouldn't have to supply the other DJ's with anything except RadioDJ and the passwords to the streaming servers.

If the DJ's are serious about internet radio then they should have all this stuff already.

As Capt_Fuzzy  posted on another thread you can buy mixers pretty cheap try this one from Radio Shack.

It seems cheap enough and will do a better job than a Mic just plugged into the computer.

Anything that helps your DJ's sound that bit more professional will be worth it in the long run.
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

RadioDJ is my FAVOURITE piece of radio playout software EVER

https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/search?q=radiodj

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

paypal.me/djgarybaldy