Author Topic: multiple instance with different timezone using the same DB  (Read 921 times)

dave66

multiple instance with different timezone using the same DB
« on: August 23, 2014, 05:27:20 PM »
Hello,

I'd like to know if it is possible to have running on the same computer 3 instance of RadioDJ using the same database, but running with 3 different time zone.
My goal is to have a radio station with a unique playlist, but played by 3 different instance of RadioDJ: one instance running with the Australian time zone for Australian listeners, one running with the UK time zone for UK listeners and another one running with the NYC time zone for USA listeners.

On Radio DJ is it possible to set the timezone or it works using the Windows time zone?

The alternative is to setup 3 pcs, each of them using 3 different time zones, but can they share the same database?

Sorry if my question is not so clear...
Thanks

Dave

rogiermaas

• Musicbox Live - Non-Stop Hits!
Re: multiple instance with different timezone using the same DB
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 09:53:15 PM »
I guess this won't be such a problem, the only problem you'll have is with Events and stingers/announcements saying time.

Again: this is just a guess; I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work, perhaps someone here knows how and why it wouldn't work.

- Rogier
DJ Garybaldy is RIGHT! RadioDJ WILL defeat the Evil SAM!
Musicbox Live! - musicboxlive.nl

dave66

Re: multiple instance with different timezone using the same DB
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 11:15:41 PM »
Hello Roger,

thanks for your answer.
Just a question about Radio DJ before to start the installation: on Radio DJ can I set a specific timezone, letting me use only one pc with 3 Radio DJ instances, or do I have to use 3 different computers?

Thanks

Dave