Author Topic: Track Rotation Inconsistent  (Read 1143 times)

apdc

• New User

• AthensPop.com
Track Rotation Inconsistent
« on: September 01, 2014, 10:52:56 PM »
Hi All,

I've recently made a new track rotation for my station and I must have something setup incorrectly. Here's what's going on.  :(

Basically I have a track rotation that is set to play a "Type A" song, then a "Type B" song, then a "Type A" song, and then a "Type C" song, and so on. In between each song is one (yes, just one) station jingle. However I'm consistently seeing an issue when the program automates this rotation. What happens is the program will end up putting anywhere from two to five jingles in a row between the songs, while there should only ever be one jingle.

I've uploaded a screenshot here: http://athenspop.com/file_9957.png

I have no idea why this is happening, but I assume it could have to do with the playout options I have set...? I believe I have more than enough songs to cover the playout rules. (Specific artist only plays every 60 minutes.)

If you have any solutions, could you please let me know? Thank you!

Jesse

rogiermaas

• Musicbox Live - Non-Stop Hits!
Re: Track Rotation Inconsistent
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 03:18:13 AM »
And I thought it was me.. We have a rotation with sweepers every 2 songs, but often I see multiple songs in the list with sweepers playing (no songs without sweepers in them as setup per rotation).

I see nothing in my Windows Event Logs and there are plenty of tracks available in the rotation. Perhaps something -is- wrong with the rotation?

- Rogier
DJ Garybaldy is RIGHT! RadioDJ WILL defeat the Evil SAM!
Musicbox Live! - musicboxlive.nl

HMC

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 05:22:06 AM »
Hi All,

I've recently made a new track rotation for my station and I must have something setup incorrectly. Here's what's going on.  :(

Basically I have a track rotation that is set to play a "Type A" song, then a "Type B" song, then a "Type A" song, and then a "Type C" song, and so on. In between each song is one (yes, just one) station jingle. However I'm consistently seeing an issue when the program automates this rotation. What happens is the program will end up putting anywhere from two to five jingles in a row between the songs, while there should only ever be one jingle.

I've uploaded a screenshot here: http://athenspop.com/file_9957.png

I have no idea why this is happening, but I assume it could have to do with the playout options I have set...? I believe I have more than enough songs to cover the playout rules. (Specific artist only plays every 60 minutes.)

If you have any solutions, could you please let me know? Thank you!

Jesse

What does your rotation look like. You might have some rules in there causing it to act weird. Mine plays just how I tell it too.
Radio DJ 1.7.5 Update with MariaDB 10

Marius

• Administrator

• Radio DJ
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 07:40:53 AM »
At least for the apdc's problem there is a explanation: not enough tracks in the music categories, or the repeat duration is too high and as a result some categories are not returning any tracks.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

apdc

• New User

• AthensPop.com
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 02:02:07 AM »
Thank you, Marius. That's exactly what it was. My station is now running smoothly!  ;)