• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Connecting RadioDJ On Another PC To MYSQL

Started by ronsedaille, September 14, 2014, 06:07:25 AM

ronsedaille

Hi - I would like to load RadioDJ on a second pc connected to my home network.  This way, I can load music, edit cue points, etc., while RadioDJ is streaming on my primary pc.  What is the most practical way to achieve this?  Thanks for your help!

Ron

packzap

• Map a drive letter to the master song library location on pc 1. For example "R". Set both pc's to see that mapped location. 
  • Set up a second SQL account in the database for the second pc. See tutorial for more info on this step, http://www.radiodj.ro/tutorials/how-to-add-a-remote-mysql-user.html.
  • Copy the entire RadioDJ folder and subfolders to c:\ of second pc.
  • Go to c:\radiodj\setup on second pc and double click "database setup.exe" to start it up.
  • On the database installation tab, MySQL server line, enter in the ip address of the machine containing the RadioDJ mysql database.
  • MySQL database name is the default one "radiodj161".
  • Enter the mysql username & password created for this second pc in the mysql user manager (Heidi) from the host pc.
    Click "Validate". After a few seconds, it should say "Mysql server is online" in green at bottom left of window.
  • Click "OK" and window should close.
  • Go to c:\radiodj folder and run radiodj.exe. The program should come up.  Check Tracks Manager to see if any songs are listed.  If not, install was not correct.

Marius

DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

ronsedaille

Packzap - Success!! Many thanks to you for your clear instructions.  I have been banging my head against the wall trying to do this for a week!   :)

Ron

ronsedaille

Just a heads up for people using a Windows 8.1 PC as the host - apparently, the computer IP Address changes periodically, specifically the last digit.  So when you go to log in remotely, you might be using a previous IP and you wont be able to get in.  So I assume that I have to set a Static IP Address in order to avoid this from happening.

AndyDeGroo

Quote from: ronsedaille on September 28, 2014, 02:39:14 AM
Just a heads up for people using a Windows 8.1 PC as the host - apparently, the computer IP Address changes periodically, specifically the last digit.  So when you go to log in remotely, you might be using a previous IP and you wont be able to get in.  So I assume that I have to set a Static IP Address in order to avoid this from happening.

Changing IP addresses are not Windows 8.1 specific, nor they are Windows specific. They are changing because you are using DHCP on your router and it assigns next available address to next device which connects to LAN. You either configure your router to reserve particular IP address based on MAC address/hostname of PC or use static IP on the PC and risk having the router already assigned the address to other device on the network when you connect the PC with static address configured.

Some router allow to configure more than one address range for LAN. If yours does, configure one address range (for example 192.168.1.2-14) as not managed by DHCP and another (192.168.1.100-.254) as DHCP managed. Then assign static addresses from first space to devices that need static IPs.

shyzas

Hello,
one more question to add. Maybe is it possible to somehow extract or load dll of track manager (and cue manager) not loading whole radioDJ, so music manager could do whatever he needs on his computer not interrupting radiodj db (playing on onairpc), if he somehow he hits play or something. We would use same db, and music on network, so onair and music manager computers use everything same.
Thank You.

AndyDeGroo

Hi, shyzas

Standalone track manager has already been requested on more than one occasion.

shyzas

Thank You AndyDeGroo
just didn't find that.

Greetings to Latvia   ;)

ronsedaille

What would cause this error, when following the above instructions?  Thanks!

[attachment deleted by admin]

AndyDeGroo

Quote from: ronsedaille on October 29, 2014, 03:12:29 AM
What would cause this error, when following the above instructions?  Thanks!
That is because file permissions restrict writing files under C:\Program Files\. Either move RadioDJ directory to somewhere else or change file permissions to allow writing in RadioDJ directory.

ronsedaille

radiovoltrega

Hi,

I've followed all the tutorial. Now I can see all my music in Radio Dj from the other pc. But I can't play them. How can I connect with the main music folder in the primary pc?

Thanks.

mixycsabi

Hi radiovoltrega!

You have two options:
1, Copy all music from main PC to local computer. for example: from main PC d:/music to local PC d:/music (of course you need to copy the jingles, sweepers promos.... folder too)
2, Share the main PC music folder's drive, then connect network drive on the local PC the drive letter needs to same!
I think the second option is the better (I'm using this ;D)