• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Connecting RadioDJ On Another PC To MYSQL

Started by ronsedaille, September 14, 2014, 06:07:25 AM

NewburyHitRadio

Please could someone help me setup a map on Radio DJ on windows XP as in the list on 1 it says  Map a drive letter to the master song library location on pc 1. For example "R". Set both pc's to see that mapped location. 

How do I set the map for the second machine?

David, Newbury Hit Radio.

DJ Garybaldy

Mapping network drives on Windows XP was always a pain in the backside.

Not had a copy of XP installed for at least 3 years now. So I can't help you on that issue.

Your best bet would probably be to search Google for an answer.

XP was discontinued at least 2 years ago now.

Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

NewburyHitRadio

Not sure if its Windows xp I need to map the network drive or windows 10.  The Radio DJ program is on Windows xp and the second one is windows 10 without the DJ program as I can put that on when I have done the mapping.

David, Newbury Hit Radio.

snarfdude

Quote from: DJ Garybaldy on February 14, 2016, 12:17:09 PM
Mapping network drives on Windows XP was always a pain in the backside.

Not had a copy of XP installed for at least 3 years now. So I can't help you on that issue.

Your best bet would probably be to search Google for an answer.

XP was discontinued at least 2 years ago now.

Yes we all know that, but the reality of life is former op systems do not necessarily disappear because support ends. XP is far from dead in the world of IT admins and programmers who have built software around XP and I saw a recent job posting where experience with win 2000 was certainly an asset. That was a bit surprising.  I still have a win 98 machine with old audio software I use occasionally. It's still rock solid. The whole sky is falling attitude with op systems because you don't upgrade all the time, is a more of a money grab then anything else. Back up your files and if anything happens, you can always re ghost an image in again anyway.

Mapping to XP a problem? not really. very easy actually. I even moved around the DVD/CD drives to accommodate the write drive letter I needed for the mapping. That was fairly simple. It's more complicated to do that on 7 then XP....but I digress.

After some hit and miss Tsing, I suspect the issue is with the maria DB and maybe a IP address issue. one machine didnt work all weekend, and powered up today and now works. The master machine i'm playing off has a static IP on the network, so you wouldn't think it would matter. Weird. Oh well, I'll struggle through with this. maybe  making static ips for the needed machines will resolve the issue. It's only being used as live assist for now anyway. It has a way to go to be a primary system for me, but might get there at some point.

TCAN-The Time Capsule Audio Network
100 years in 7 days.....The music and sounds of the 20th Century.

http://timecapsuleaudionetwork.tripod.com

packzap

How to map a network drive in Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 10, http://www.wintuts.com/Map-Network-Drive

Be sure to verify the mapped drive letter (for example "R") shows and is accessible in Windows File manager.

eLseven

just a little question, if i play a track on secondary pc, would it be counted as a played track on primary pc? would it affected radiodj report on primary pc?

Marius

Yes, whenever a track is played, it will is updated with the current date and time and also is added to the history.
The new version will support to be set as a secondary player and won't launch events or update tracks date time.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

eLseven

Quote from: Marius on June 28, 2016, 03:48:13 PM
Yes, whenever a track is played, it will is updated with the current date and time and also is added to the history.
The new version will support to be set as a secondary player and won't launch events or update tracks date time.

wow that would be great. i am so glad to know that  :ok: :ok: thank you so much sir  :ok:

marcbeinder

Quick question...will the new version be able to be set up to control RadioDJ on the primary pc from a secondary pc?
RiseRadio.org // Podtrics.com

djrobin3124

hi im a new dj do you guys happen to know any good websites that i can store my audio and video content on

Jhonny

Hay,
Think your country is inportent for it.
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

SideShow Nate

I'm having a helluva time trying to get this all to work!   :'( Here's my issue & question....

I have RadioDJ up & running great at my home along with a database playing all my music & want to be able to access my database from a live remote location (my studio or any other place) via the internet & be able to do a live broadcast. How would I go about making that happen? Be gentle with me as I'm a total noob to this!

DJ Garybaldy

Quote from: SideShow Nate on January 09, 2017, 10:16:37 PM
I'm having a helluva time trying to get this all to work!   :'( Here's my issue & question....

I have RadioDJ up & running great at my home along with a database playing all my music & want to be able to access my database from a live remote location (my studio or any other place) via the internet & be able to do a live broadcast. How would I go about making that happen? Be gentle with me as I'm a total noob to this!

You'd be better having a  clone of your database on your system you use at remote locations. Trying to get RadioDJ to access a remote database is a bad idea.

Just take a database backup on the main machine and restore that on the laptop etc.. Making sure songs have the same path or simply just use relocate tracks from the utilities menu.
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

SideShow Nate

Quote from: DJ Garybaldy on January 10, 2017, 01:18:39 PM
You'd be better having a  clone of your database on your system you use at remote locations. Trying to get RadioDJ to access a remote database is a bad idea.

Just take a database backup on the main machine and restore that on the laptop etc.. Making sure songs have the same path or simply just use relocate tracks from the utilities menu.

Ok. Going to give that a shot tonight. Another quick one too if ya gotta sec... Will I be able to just then interrupt my stream on Caster.fm at a break & proceed the regular way I would at home from the startup? This was the way I was planning on trying from the git go but wanted to see if there was a way to have a main database where I could just access via the interwebs.

SideShow Nate

To be honest, I don't know what I did, but all of a sudden the whole system works perfectly!  :D I know that I switched my hardware out A1 to ASIO4ALL & RadioDJ to Virtual AUX & BOOM! I'm now using the mirrored copy of the main server on my laptop & able to broadcast anywhere by setting events to turn on & off back at home!! \m/ 8) \m/ Thank you for the help!