• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Connecting RadioDJ On Another PC To MYSQL

Started by ronsedaille, September 14, 2014, 06:07:25 AM

FreerunMedia

Quote from: djrobin3124 on July 13, 2016, 06:55:39 PM
hi im a new dj do you guys happen to know any good websites that i can store my audio and video content on

I know this is an old one but this question is giving me pain everywere. Why oh why should you put the audio and video content on a web based server? Not because it is stable that is for sure.  :hihi: Some people need to know that even though you can have 250 thousend terrabyte of space on a web server, with no internet connection you can't do anything with it  :hihi:
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

Marius

@FreerunMedia: this question is concerning me as well, but also when users choose to install the database on a web server, even if the RadioDJ computer must run anyway...
Some users just don't seem to understand that more remote connections which they cannot control means more chances to go something wrong.
But i guess, some users like living on the edge  :D
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

marcbeinder

Quote from: Marius on March 05, 2017, 06:03:14 PM
@FreerunMedia: this question is concerning me as well, but also when users choose to install the database on a web server, even if the RadioDJ computer must run anyway...
Some users just don't seem to understand that more remote connections which they cannot control means more chances to go something wrong.

I can attest to this. I have my database on a web server. Right next to my RDJ computer. And I have problems every now and then.
RiseRadio.org // Podtrics.com

Calypso

Quote from: Marius on March 05, 2017, 06:03:14 PM

My opinion is that if you know what you're doing it can work very well - all depends on the situation. And if you know what you're doing, you know what the risks are. If you don't know that, don't attempt such a setup.

To speak for myself: my database is on a stretched 3 node MySQL cluster (to prevent split brain) and the music is on 2 different servers which are synchronized. Not only because I then always have a backup, but also because I use the same database to play the nonstop as when I play "live", and the nonstop machine is in a datacenter while the live studio is at home. If you want such a setup and you don't know every term I'm talking about: don't attempt it.

mysteriesman

I have a question where you may be able to help, I have a main playout pc with all the music on dropbox mapped as a Z drive, the main system plays fine and imports music in to the database without any problems, I then connect a production pc to the database with a Zdrive and music all fine. I import a track on to production pc and plays fine, the playout pc can see it fine in the database but when I try to play it, it immediately disables the track, this used to work fine but now wont, any ideas????

Calypso

Quote from: mysteriesman on April 25, 2017, 12:44:03 PM
I have a question where you may be able to help, I have a main playout pc with all the music on dropbox mapped as a Z drive, the main system plays fine and imports music in to the database without any problems, I then connect a production pc to the database with a Zdrive and music all fine. I import a track on to production pc and plays fine, the playout pc can see it fine in the database but when I try to play it, it immediately disables the track, this used to work fine but now wont, any ideas????

Double check that the file is available on the playout PC; disabling of database entries usually happens when the file is not available on the exact same path. Also try to play the file with a music player - maybe credentials aren't correct.

R-Riks

Hi,
We are working on creating a new radio station in parallel with the one we already have. We want to use the same database as we already have, but with new rotations and different jingles. Has set up a PC Nr 2, but can not play music from the database. When I open the RadioDJ program on PC 2, it's only gray. In the database setup the URL to MySQL is correct and its all green. What is wrong?

DJ Garybaldy

Ignore my last reply I read the question wrong.
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

Ian Oogly

Hi there, I've followed the instructions on how to map a network drive to my music so I can create my playlists and record voice over VT links and place them over the end of songs on a separate PC away from the main playing PC and it works.  Thank you. However, the only thing that doesn't seem to work is that when I update the cue points on VTs on the 'away' pc they do not transfer to the main playout system. What am I missing? I've tried looking a the Maria DB settings but cant see anything. Can anyone help please? regards Ian