RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum

Send song to Twitter/Facebook/Google+/LinkedIn (and limited Instagram)

Offline gnfb

Re: Send song to twitter and facebook etc
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2015, 07:17:26 AM »
"Now for setting up RadioDJ you go to the Now Playing Info Button and open the Web Export Tab."
Translation
Options>Plugins>Playing Info-Now Playing Info Exporter  Double click The title "Playing Info-Now Playing Info Exporter" 

Offline gnfb

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2015, 07:30:30 AM »
Holy Crap another win oh sorry are we allowed to say Holy Crap?

This works !

Did have a message come up saying could access c drive some txt file just un selected and it worked straight away amazing well done sir

Offline gnfb

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2015, 07:36:00 AM »
($ track-type $ = '7' & message = $ artist% 20-% 20 $ title = $ userid & YourTwitterHandle & override = true)

If  I wanted to add a Listen now link to my website could I enter something in the code above? if so what would i have to enter?

joshuatree44

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2015, 03:34:54 PM »
I dont think this is what you want to use.

Offline gnfb

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2015, 10:53:02 PM »
I dont think this is what you want to use.

At all? or for adding content to the tweet?

AndyDeGroo

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2015, 12:17:19 AM »
At all? or for adding content to the tweet?
First, the code you posted is messed up. I don't know how you did that but it wouldn't work whatsoever.

If you want to include a link to your web page, you can add it in the message parameter:
Code: [Select]
commercial=$track-type$&message=$artist$ - $title$ Listen to great music at http://yourradiowebsite.com/&userid=YourTwitterHandle&override=true
But there is a catch - Twitter anti-spam mechanism is checking for repeating links in tweets and might block your account if it decides that you are sending spam. Blocking is done automatically by a ruthless algorithm but to unblock account you'd have to contact Twitter support and that takes time, because every case is checked by a person.

It could get even worse if you get sam-song.info API access blocked. I don't know if Mastacheata has implemented some filtering for URLs in messages or if there is a policy against posting links. Better consult his service agreements.

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2015, 04:24:21 AM »
I'm getting an error message that reads:

Access to the path 'C:\NowPlaying.txt' is denied?

I searched for the Template File within the Radio DJ files and opened it, but still getting the same message.

Any ideas?

Thanks much.

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2015, 04:48:10 AM »
Is there a way to have it only tweet every so often.

Say for example, every 10 minutes, instead of every song?

Thank you again

joshuatree44

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2015, 04:20:38 PM »
I do not think so. I think it is setup in the script how often and what it does. I would contact them on how to edit it. I caution you though since it is not made for RDJ and more for SAM they might not be so willing to help.

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2015, 11:17:46 PM »
Hello everyone,

I'm really sorry I didn't reply earlier.
I thought I had set up notifications for this post and only now got the idea to look here again since we're doing a relaunch of our web-application.

I'll make sure to look here more often now, but the best chance of reaching me is via the ticket system at sam-song.info or the various social media presences (twitter.com/samsonginfo and facebook.com/songposter)

The sam-song.info web-application will not receive any updates anymore.
But I'll try to add fields for intervals and songtypes to the web API.

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2015, 10:26:41 PM »
We're currently working on a new version of the SongPoster app that will work on facebook and Google+ as well.
It's currently in an early beta stage and doesn't really target RadioDJ users, but you are still welcome nonetheless.
In order to join the beta testing apply for this Google Group and note that you're using RadioDJ (so we can tell you how to correctly format the URL for RadioDJ).

We'll discontinue the sam-song.info application once the new one is publicly released (probably with some grace period).
At that point you can either switch to the (currently in beta) version of the app or fire up a webserver and run the "old" songposter script/webservice yourself (Source code is available on Github)

The first version will be more or less a copy of the original sam-song.info project (i.e. We'll have Facebook support again and images on twitter are allowed as well)
We really like the idea for server-side intervals and track-type filtering and plan to introduce these features as soon as possible in an update release.

We're posting more regular updates on our facebook account at facebook.com/songposter
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 12:29:23 AM by Mastacheata »

Offline Capt_Fuzzy

• "Quiet numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" ~ Moe Howard
    • WVRR - Ridgerunners Radio
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2015, 10:00:29 AM »
Ok, I'm curious as to where to put this file and how it will be triggered to post on facebook...

I've used SAM Broadcaster in the past, but I didn't have anything like this back in the day so I have no idea what to do with it now that it's edited...
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade
Proud & Satisfied "Long-term" RadioDJ User
(Currently making the transition to v2)

WVRR - Ridgerunners Radio
The best mix of your favorites!

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2015, 07:31:12 PM »
What file? The PAL script?
I think the recycle bin would be a good place for that if you use RadioDJ and wrote down the information from that file.

The information gathered from that file needs to be put into the Now Playing plugin that ships with RadioDJ.
A post is triggered at the end of each track. I don't think there is any way to change the interval or make it post at a different point in the track.

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2016, 04:53:45 PM »
So far this has worked flawlessly. But I have run into one problem when I play requests. What I want to do is when people request a song on my website and put their twitter handle in for their name, it adds that in at the end of the tweet. Here is what I have in my custom data field.

message=$title$%20by%20$artist$&%20$request_username$&userid=RadiopolisOL&override=true

Did I do something wrong? Please let me know!
RiseRadio.org // EncoreMediaSystems.com

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2016, 05:43:45 PM »
Don't really know about the valid variables in RadioDJ, but if $request_username$ is valid, this should work.
Also you didn't really say what the problem is, only THAT there is a problem.
Last but not least: You know there's still a limit of 140 characters at twitter?