• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Send song to Twitter/Facebook/Google+/LinkedIn (and limited Instagram)

Started by Mastacheata, September 24, 2014, 03:46:25 PM

Mastacheata

Hello everyone,

I'm the developer of 2 separate services for posting from Radio Automation software to social media accounts.

SAM Song Info (old, but stable)
The first one is sam-song.info, which is quite old and was created with only SAM Broadcaster in mind.
It's available for public use and you can make RadioDJ work with it using the Web Export Feature.
Be aware, though: It's complicated.
Only use this if you absolutely can't install a Plugin or don't want to trust a third party.
If you need help, just drop a message here or on our social media accounts.

SongPoster (beta)
The other one is called SongPoster and is currently in private beta.

In the new service you can post to Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn.
We're not handling your social media accounts ourself, but leave that to the professionals at buffer.com (This is actually a publishing tool for brands, public persons etc. to queue, schedule and publish posts across multiple social media presences, but we only use the publishing and account aggregation feature)

As this is currently in beta, the service is open by invitation only.
You can request an invitation by joining this Google Group: https://bit.ly/songposter-group
In order to get into the group, please fill out the form asking for a reason why you'd like to join that group and the beta test. No need to write an essay there, just tell us that you're a Radio Station and what your station is called will do.

This new service is built with an open platform to allow every kind of automation software to work with it.
Currently we officially support RadioDJ with a custom built plugin (this is basically an assistant helping you set up things and properly handling errors) or using the built-in Web Export feature (you'll have to do everything by hand and have no information about the outcome other than looking at your social media accounts).
The plugin is available here: https://github.com/songposter/plugin-radiodj (Check out the "releases" section for downloads and the Readme at the bottom for instructions)

The beta currently has the following limitations:
You are generally limited to 24 posts / day unless you actively request more (just send us a message and tell us why you need more)
Facebook posts are limited to 25/day (that's apparently the facebook platform limit per user/account)

Posting directly to Instagram is impossible (Instagram has no API for automated publishing, all tools achieving that have full access to your account and just simulate a human using the instagram website)
However Buffer has worked up some semi-automated publishing feature using their own mobile App.
More info on how that works can be found here: https://buffer.com/instagram/how-it-works

After the beta, the new SongPoster will turn into a Freemium service.
We'll keep a free tier with a limited number of posts (probably we'll keep the default limit of 24 posts per day) and add a paid tier where you pay for a package of posts instead of a fixed monthly fee. (i.e. 100 posts for 2 EUR, 400 posts for 5 EUR and 1000 posts for 10 EUR - the prices aren't final yet and we're open for feedback)

704djs

thx for this by pass the twtter script we had working when down  :ok:
Beat 94.7/Hot 107.9  fm banging the hitz that you wanna hear.

joshuatree44

Working nicely on Twitter only. Nice find and setup. Thanks.

b3prophet

This works for me great! 10/28/2014.

Joy Gospel Radio
www.joygospelradio.com
Today's Gospel Variety Hits 24/7!
www.joygospelradio.com
www.facebook.com/joygospelradio
www.twitter.com/joygospelradio
1-888-502-3550 x125.

maurocal

Hello Marius and to all friends of RDJ,
can use this service with the choice of the type of track to be sent with RDJ?
how can I do it?
thanks
Mauro

maurocal

Quote from: maurocal on December 14, 2014, 10:43:47 AM
how can I do it?
thanks
Mauro

Marius,
there is a solution to this my problem?

AndyDeGroo

Quote from: maurocal on December 14, 2014, 10:43:47 AM
how can I do it?

Use $track-type$ variable in web export custom data field. All variables and track types are described in RadioDJ\Docs\Stream Variables.txt.

maurocal

Thanks AndyDeGroo,
goes well written that way?
($ track-type $ = '7' & message = $ artist% 20-% 20 $ title = $ userid & YourTwitterHandle & override = true)
and I can choose more than one type of track?

thanks again
Mauro

maurocal

Quote from: maurocal on December 17, 2014, 07:07:38 PM
Thanks AndyDeGroo,
($ track-type $ = '7' & message = $ artist% 20-% 20 $ title = $ userid & YourTwitterHandle & override = true)

thanks again
Mauro

I can not do a string functions   :'( :bash:

Mistral

I tried to put the script that you said but nothing happens . I also registered with on sam-song.info , modified custom date on RDJ but nothing happens on my twitter
Antonio WWR - The World Web Radio

http://www.theworldwebradio.net

AndyDeGroo

Quote from: maurocal on December 17, 2014, 07:07:38 PM
No. You have added spaces and it will not work that way. What do you want to accomplish by that?

Currently sam-song.info  doesn't allow to filter by song type and to specify a parameter for not sending updates. Although it could be added by Mastacheata in similar way TuneIn does it (IIRIC) using commercial parameter. This would work for music track type as it is zero and could be interpreted as a boolean FALSE in PHP.

commercial=$track-type$&message=$artist$%20-%20$title$&userid=YourTwitterHandle&override=true

amfmradio

is it also possible to manage to send after a few songs the song info?

joshuatree44

OK I want to use this, but there is no way to have this going and the TuneIn.com going at the same time. I would love to use both of these things but not sure if we can. I was thinking of copying the plugin and having it run twice but not sure if the RDJ would allow it.

Nitrofish

How can you use the Now Playing Info Exporter on more than one service. Currently I am using it for TuneIn, but would love to get my Twitter posts back. How can I post to both services? Can this plugin be updated to allow for multiple sources? Is there a work around for this problem, or is it one or the other?

RadioDJ v2.0.0.6 | MariaDB v10.5

joshuatree44

It is up to Marius. I would like to have both as well but again it has not be built yet. There is a future request for Marius to put it in but it is not on the top of the list I believe.