• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Send song to Twitter/Facebook/Google+/LinkedIn (and limited Instagram)

Started by Mastacheata, September 24, 2014, 03:46:25 PM

marcbeinder

Quote from: Mastacheata on January 30, 2016, 05:43:45 PM
Don't really know about the valid variables in RadioDJ, but if $request_username$ is valid, this should work.
Also you didn't really say what the problem is, only THAT there is a problem.
Last but not least: You know there's still a limit of 140 characters at twitter?
Yes I know of the character limit. I'm sorry I guess I didn't say the problem. The problem is that the $request_username$ does not get tweeted. It is a RDJ stream variable but is not working.
RiseRadio.org // Podtrics.com

Mastacheata

Sorry, but I guess I can't help here.
Are you sure you can use $request_username$ here?
We don't filter anything on our end, so it looks like radiodj is not evaluating that variable before sending the HTTP request.

marcbeinder

Since $title$ and $artist$ can be used and $request_username$ are explained in the same file I would imagine so, but maybe Marius would know.
RiseRadio.org // Podtrics.com

Mastacheata

This will probably not fix the problem of marcbeinder, but it might be interesting for to all users of my webservice(s).
I played around with C# programming in the past couple of days. (I've never written a single line of C# code before that day).

This should be a specialized alternative to the default NowPlaying plugin based on what I learned about the Plugin Interface of RadioDJ without having any documentation at hand.
Basically it can read the PAL script generated by my web application and send the now playing track to the beta application.

https://github.com/songposter/plugin-radiodj (replaced broken Dropbox link)

It's very early in development and doesn't provide all too many features.
For the future it's planned to at least support the "send post every x tracks" feature and maybe the time based intervals as well, but the later depends on whether or not I can find out how to "wait" without locking the whole application.

Jhonny

First welcome!

I and others like it to test things.
I downloaded the file Plugin_SongPoster.dll, but where should I put this?
The plugin folder? (Think it is so because there is, Plugin).
I am iust a noob, how it works?

But keep up the good things, that make rdj beter!
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

Mastacheata

Oh, sorry. Thought that was obvious.
It's basically an in place replacement for the Now Playing plugin.

You put it into the Plugin foler, (re)start RadioDJ and do the configuration stuff.
Once configured with valid credentials for my webservice, the plugin should start posting every track to whatever services you select.

After hitting the Save button, the window will close and it will start posting.
Remember, this is basically just a preconfigured clone of the NowPlaying Plugin.
You still need to sign up at my webservice first, but I guess you already noticed what this thread is about since you're a seasoned user of this forum.

Jhonny

Quoteseasoned user of this forum.

Think i em... :angel:

But love this stuff....

Waiting impatiently when the beta version is ready.  :cool:
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

Mastacheata

That wasn't meant to shame you or anything like that. (for the lack of better words)
I've earned my spurs at the SAM Broadcaster forum with 12 years of service and close to 7.000 posts ;)
Also I'm computer science student and love to try new stuff in my spare time. (Which is also how this project started almost exactly 6 years ago.

Jhonny

Mastacheata

Mastacheata

Just finished the Interval posting option.
The plugin should be pretty much on par with the SAM Broadcaster PAL now.
It even knows how to parse all options from the PAL the website generates.

There's a notable difference in how time based intervals work, though.
If you tell SAM Broadcaster to post in 15 minutes, it waits 15 minutes and will post whatever track is playing at that moment.
If you tell RadioDJ to post in 15 minutes, it waits 15 minutes and then waits for the next track change to post the new track.

The plugin is still available at the same place. And for those interested: The source code is available on GitHub: https://github.com/songposter/plugin-radiodj

clubhuis

I installed the plugin as instructed. To me it is not clear which user ID and password I should use because songposter or Buffer didn't give me one.

After the installed time (10 min) RadioDJ gives an exception. Track change freezes due to the plugin.

Can you please help?

Mastacheata

For the moment you'll have to take the UserId from the PAL file.

getStr := 'http://songposter.net' + '/' + 'send-post' + '/'
            + 'google' + '/' + '0' + '/' + '1' + '/' + 'superDuperPassword' + '/' + status + '/' + picture;

• google is the NETWORK (twitter and facebook are the other options)
  • 0 is the SCOPEID (this is usually 0 except for people with multiple accounts per network and an Awesome [paid] account at Buffer.com)
  • 1 is the USERID (auto-incrementing number, quite easy to guess for others, that's why we have a password field as well)
  • superDuperPassword is the PASSWORD (this is either auto-generated or the one chosen by you on account creation)
  • You can obviously change the stuff $artist$%20-%20$title$ to suit your needs. (This resembles the status variable in the SAM PAL script)
  • AFAIK RadioDJ doesn't support automaticaly uploaded pictures, but if you upload them yourself and build your picture filenames so they can be constructed from artist, title and/or album name, you could post cover art from RadioDJ as well.

Regarding the exception/ freezing: I'll investigate that later this weekend. Don't have Visual Studio on this Computer.

clubhuis

Still no luck with posting anything tot Twitter or Facebook. Are there any new tips/tricks/developments?

Mastacheata

Not really. The Plugin development is halted indefinitely.
I can reproduce the Exception/Hangup, but can't explain why and can't find any problematic code.

I'll be glad to help with the manual way, best contact me directly via the Google Group or by mail and we'll go through your information and the custom setup for you.
This offer is open to anyone.