• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Send song to Twitter/Facebook/Google+/LinkedIn (and limited Instagram)

Started by Mastacheata, September 24, 2014, 03:46:25 PM

RFU

You're going to start restricting the number of posts to social media?
Гордий бути українцем, Ми - Радіо Вільної України.

Mastacheata

Facebook already imposes a 25 posts / day / account limit on the platform side and we won't reduce that even more.

1 post per hour or 25 posts in a row if you're covering a single show or something like that would be free for all.
We're looking to make about 2 EUR / paid user / month after PayPal fees, so it's probably 2,50 EUR or 4 USD (PayPal fees for international money exchange are higher) and will need about 25 paid users at that rate to make the service pay for itself.

More info in the Google Group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/song-poster-testing/WIulNUqUOy8

RFU

FB is 25 posts a day
Twitter is 750 posts a day
Instagram is 1000posts a day

Mastacheata

Quote from: RFU on June 07, 2018, 05:03:54 PM
FB is 25 posts a day
Twitter is 750 posts a day
Instagram is 1000posts a day

The twitter limit is wrong. It's actually 2400 posts per day.
Quote from: https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-limitsTweets: 2,400 per day. The daily update limit is further broken down into smaller limits for semi-hourly intervals. Retweets are counted as Tweets.
See here: https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-limits

The Instagram API is likely to be subject to the same limits as Facebook, but in general if no limit is published it's usually safe to assume that there are dynamic limits based on behavior and popularity of both the account you're publishing to and the app you're using. (In our case that would be the Buffer.com app and they're very popular and have high limits)

RFU

Well, as someone who has beta tested your plugin for a year, and helped you solve some problems, if you're going to start charging for it, then you can cancel my account now

Mastacheata

Sorry to hear that.
I've been upfront about that from the very beginning in the mandatory Beta Test Google Group, though.
This isn't a hobby, but part of my job. I'm a self-employed software developer and make a living off of selling software and services online.

While still testing that service and fixing all the remaining bugs, the service will stay free.
Once we have all major bugs removed and if it's working well for some time, we'll start with a paid-for version, but leave a free tier running for those who don't have and need much.

So yes, I'm going to start charging for it in the future and no I can't tell you right now when that future will be.

If you want me to remove your account, please send an email from the account used to sign up for the beta test to our support email or the ticket system (tickets#sam-song.info).
I'll then remove all your personal data without any undue delay as required by German data protection laws.

RFU

Songposter has been down 2 days, as of this post, and there has been no response from Mastacheata

Mastacheata

Sorry, wasn't at home over the weekend.
I'm looking into the problem right now, can't make any promises on when this will be resolved, though.
My sysadmin ran a software update and restarted the server in the night from saturday to sunday and as all services went back up just fine, we didn't notice problems with the songposter service.

Mastacheata

Both the Song Poster beta and the sam-song.info service are back up and running again.
We'll look into our processes for system updates and make sure to check the actual service instead of just the website next time, so errors will be noticed way earlier.

Mastacheata

Important information for all people using my plugin / webservice for posting to Facebook:

From July 26th it will no longer be possible to post to personal profiles on Facebook.

You can still post to your fanpage or into a group you're admin of, but sending automated posts to the personal profile is no longer allowed.
This is pretty much just a clarification of their longstanding rules, that a personal profile may only ever contain content related to the human being that owns the account.
While the people at buffer see this mostly as an Anti-Spam measure, I think it's more about the announced stronger separation of content shared by your personal human friends and content created by organizations or businesses.

Whatever the reason might be, if you're still posting to a personal profile, you have to act quickly and make your "friends" into followers of your fanpage instead.

As far as I understand it, this isn't limited to our service or Buffer at all, but applies to every third party app publishing content on facebook. (Obviously the comment box and share button plugins by facebook are exempt from this as they don't use the public API at all)

country101

I would like to get this working again with my station. Have not had it working for a while now.

Mastacheata

I'll be glad to help everyone within reasonable limits, but I sadly don't possess any mindreading skills and I also didn't install any trojan horses with the RadioDJ Plugin so I could secretly look into your computer and investigate all our users' problems before they even explain them.

RFU

Mastacheata

For RadioDJ v1, RFU is correct, we have a plugin available for the new service that makes it a little easier to work with the webapp.
You can still use the built-in WebExport feature to post on both my services with RadioDJ v2 and v1, though.

This isn't my own decision to lock RadioDJ v2 out of that comfort, but so far the developer and publisher of RadioDJ hasn't yet said any word on Plugin support as far as I can tell. There are however rumors, that Plugins will be a paid-for service once the new version is stable enough.