Author Topic: Folder Loader plugin  (Read 33248 times)

AndyDeGroo

Re: Folder Loader plugin
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2014, 09:01:44 AM »
:o ??? No podcasts automatized, no newest from folder too  :huh: I already was getting happy in using these options in radio dj so soon :D now i came back to the beginin, made all actions for this by the old way  :hihi:

Anywayu i'll also be waiting for updates, whenever it comes  :cool:
The problems would arise because when using Podcast or Internet Stream track type RadioDJ pulls data from internet, not local files and "Newest From Folder" track type has to have path to directory, not file.
It doesn't make any sense to import local files as Podcasts or Internet Stream tracks. Neither it makes sense to set the type of imported tracks to "Newest From Folder". Why would you even try that?

elsilva0

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2014, 10:48:45 AM »
Why would you even try that?
To upload podcasts by using radiodj as i have said here...
http://www.radiodj.ro/community/index.php?topic=6147.0

AndyDeGroo

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2014, 01:16:15 PM »
You can not use Podcast track type for local files because the podcast path has to be downloaded from the internet before playing. What's unclear about that?
Please watch the video in post about importing podcasts in RadioDJ to understand how it works.

Pegbars

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2014, 12:02:05 AM »
How simple or difficult would it be to also delete the actual files from the folder automatically, as well as the dB?  Or, does the plugin already do this?

AndyDeGroo

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2014, 01:17:41 AM »
How simple or difficult would it be to also delete the actual files from the folder automatically, as well as the dB?  Or, does the plugin already do this?
No, the plugin does not do that. However, you could use "Run Application" event action to run a batch script which would empty the folder.
I haven't tested butit should be possible to...
It is possible to run cmd.exe with arguments to do that:
Code: [Select]
cmd.exe /c del /s /q C:\Path\To\The\Folder\*Obligatory note: This command does not delete files to recycle bin. Files would be lost forever unless you know how to recover deleted files using some kind of disk recovery utility.

Actually, same thing could be accomplished even without using Folder Loader plugin by running the delete command followed by PluginAction|Utilities|VerifyTracks, which would disable tracks that can't be found.

In other news, I have finally gotten to the point where I have the project open in Visual Studio and I'll add requested features. That is, if I don't get distracted by something else, more interesting like funny cat videos on YouTube. :)

Pegbars

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2014, 01:53:36 AM »
Thank you, Andy!  I appreciate the help, as always.   :cool:

sqrwave

• New User

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2014, 05:17:34 PM »
I just cant seem to get this to work ive loaded the plugin it all looks good and added the event each hour event blinks and acts as if it worked but no files appear. I assume i am missing something here but I have spent hours attempting to get this working and am about to just throw in the towel on this and stick with simian

PluginAction|Folder Loader|Load Files From Folder|C:\Users\Mike\Music;spots category@paid

will not do anything

Jhonny

• Personal Text
    Peace, enjoy life, last sleep is longer than live!
    • Jhonny's RadioDJ tutorials.
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2014, 05:33:22 PM »
@sqrwave

Maybe this can help.
Read this.
Jh.
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs, I do tuts. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) visit  https://radiodj.info

Testing RadioDJ v2.0.2.0 Beta

AndyDeGroo

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2014, 05:34:34 PM »
I just cant seem to get this to work ive loaded the plugin it all looks good and added the event each hour event blinks and acts as if it worked but no files appear. I assume i am missing something here but I have spent hours attempting to get this working and am about to just throw in the towel on this and stick with simian

PluginAction|Folder Loader|Load Files From Folder|C:\Users\Mike\Music;spots category@paid

will not do anything
Hi, Mike (I assume) and welcome to the community.

Are you going to ditch RadioDJ because of my first experimental plugin? You should think twice about that.
Does the category and genre exist? The plugin won't create them for you. Also, it doesn't seem sane to load whole music folder, unless the path is just as an example.

Wow, Jhonny! I didn't know you had a tutorial for the folder loader. Nice! :)

spons

• Personal Text
    Hilversum Drie || Perfecte Popmuziek!
    • HilversumDrie
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2014, 01:54:42 PM »
I like it! Thanks Andy (+Jhonny for the tutorial). Veeeeerrrry useful  :cool:
=========================================
www.hitsyndicaat.nl || Proud RadioDJ User since 2013

AndyDeGroo

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2014, 04:52:43 PM »
I feel bad for promising to update the plugin and not holding the promise. I'll try to get this sorted this week.

BTW, Jhonny, you should add a note to your tutorial in "How to used" section: Category and genre must exists when importing tracks. Folder Loader plugin will not create categories or genres for you.
Also, this:
Code: [Select]
<h2>How to used</h2>;)

However, I could add that functionality (to create categories and genres) if it is desired.

Jhonny

• Personal Text
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2014, 06:41:49 PM »
Thanks Andy,
 Page changed and changed the tut download  :hihi:

Jh.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

Jhonny

• Personal Text
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2014, 06:59:20 PM »
However, I could add that functionality (to create categories and genres) if it is desired.

That can be very useful and make the plugin powerful.

Jh.

AndyDeGroo

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2014, 04:16:40 AM »
I finally did it.

PLEASE READ CHANGELOG BEFORE USING NEW VERSION (2.0.0.1)!

Although, the old way of specifying arguments should work, I didn't test it. So, please change all the event action accordingly before using them in production.

Sorry, Jhonny, but you'll have to rewrite the tutorial. :)

sqrwave

• New User

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2014, 04:55:05 PM »

Are you going to ditch RadioDJ because of my first experimental plugin? You should think twice about that.

Andy,

I am a Simian user now at several stations and I would like to switch the stations over to RadioDJ but a few things are preventing that switch one is the folder update as we do a lot of commercial production and it would be nice to put the commercials on a central drive and have them autoupdate so your plugin is a way to do that. I was not ditching RadioDJ because of your plugin what I meant was if I could not get that to work I could not use it at our group and would have to stay with Simian. The other issue I have is top of hour time sync or a way to keep the log on time like a "jump to"
feature. Other wise its a pretty nice system