• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Error connecting to MySQL database

Started by Kallen, October 28, 2014, 03:29:58 AM

Kallen

Is this the place to ask about error with the plugin setup?

It's looking at the Mysql on the server my site is on, but my radiodj setup is on a home machine (w dns service).  I put in my local translated address but it seems to be looking at the sql on my web host.  solution?

Using mysql client to connect

Connection took 65.411 seconds

Error connecting to RadioDJ database: Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'xxxx.xxxxxxxxxx.com' (4) in /home/kwill/public_html/wp-content/plugins/radiodj-for-wordpress-0.6.1/lib/radiodj_db.class.php on line 237

Unknown errno (9999) or no error description available because of existing mysql connection

The kwill dir is on the website host machine, not the machine with radiodj db.    Not sure how it's grabbing the website machine when i put in the translated static IP for my local machine.

Thanks for any help

-Kallen

AndyDeGroo

Quote from: Kallen on October 28, 2014, 03:29:58 AM
Is this the place to ask about error with the plugin setup?

It's looking at the Mysql on the server my site is on, but my radiodj setup is on a home machine (w dns service).  I put in my local translated address but it seems to be looking at the sql on my web host.  solution?

Using mysql client to connect

Connection took 65.411 seconds

Error connecting to RadioDJ database: Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'xxxx.xxxxxxxxxx.com' (4) in /home/kwill/public_html/wp-content/plugins/radiodj-for-wordpress-0.6.1/lib/radiodj_db.class.php on line 237

Unknown errno (9999) or no error description available because of existing mysql connection

The kwill dir is on the website host machine, not the machine with radiodj db.    Not sure how it's grabbing the website machine when i put in the translated static IP for my local machine.

Hi Kallen,

I had to split your post in a new topic of so it doesn't disappear in the original thread.

The error message shows path of php file on your web server because the PHP code is running on your server, not on your home machine. That is to be expected.
Messages also indicate that connection timed out after 65.411 seconds, which means that the database could not be reached. Please verify that you have forwarded MySQL port and your web hosting allows connections using port 3306. For notes on remote MySQL database setup, read this post.

Please not, I might not be able to help you, if you have modified the plugin.

Kallen

Had a look, and any port issues that may have existed, should not now

"Success: I can see your service on 174.xxx.xxx.12 on port (3306)
Your ISP is not blocking port 3306"

however i get the exact same error message as originally posted.  ??  :-[ ??? :'(  ugh

AndyDeGroo

Check with your web hosting provider. Most likely they are blocking outgoing connections on port 3306.

Kallen

Days after trying to figure things out, it has been made clear to me my web host does not offer 3306 as an open port.  Thanks for the help, clearly this wont work for me.  Is there any way to send the plugin information to be published on a separate web page and then linked to?