• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Another scheduling ads question

Started by aleksandart, October 29, 2014, 11:53:32 AM

aleksandart

Hello,

Has anyone used AdMaster scheduler (www.admaster.info) together with RadioDJ to manage the ads? If yes, I would be grateful for the user feedback.

Kind regards,
Alex

AndyDeGroo

Hi Alex,

Welcome to RadioDJ community.

I have not used AdMaster but after a quick look at its features and screenshots I think it can be used with RadioDJ. You would have to set up RadioDJ events for every ad break that would load m3u playlist generated by AdMaster. AdMaster playlist file name structure settings should be set to Weekday-Hour_break to make it easier to load the files in RadioDJ. The only drawback is that you'd have to set up one event for every playlist file name which would be for every hour of every day of week, because there are only two m3u file naming options in AdMaster and RadioDJ event actions can only load playlist file using its exact filename and path. That would total to 168 events if you need only TOH spots and double that if you also need half-hour spots.
To reduce amount of manual work required you could create a php script to generate and insert events into RadioDJ database.