• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

2 TCP Feature Requests

Started by aus10hollis, November 04, 2014, 12:01:12 AM

aus10hollis

I've been using the TCP commands a lot lately and think it's a great feature! I do have 2 requests, however. The first request I have would to be able to poll the status of Assisted and AutoDJ and have it return if it was enabled or disabled. The second request I have is being able to remove an item from the queue. I know there is a feature to drop the whole playlist, but it would be nice to drop a certain item.

Marius

Hi Austin, i actually work on a improved version of that plugin which output all responses in xml format.
Can i ask what commands and functions are important for you?
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

aus10hollis

Hey Marius, the main features we use are DisableAssisted/EnableAssisted and PlayPlaylistTrack. When the music is stopped using EnableAssisted, we use our broadcast console to go from contact closure to TCP command to disable it after the break.

The problem I'm having is when they want to use the touch panel too. If DisableAssisted is fired from the contact closure, the touch panel has no idea it's been disabled and I have no way to check. So, that's why I think being able to check the status of Assisted, AutoDJ and what you currently have with the now playing is important. For setup reasons, I can't have RadioDJ in the studio and so I had to build a little interface on our touch screen to interact with it using TCP.

Aside from checking the status of those, being able to to delete a track from the playlist would be nice. Similar to how PlayPlaylistTrack works, except maybe RemovePlaylistTrack. Then the argument could tell it which track to remove.

Marius

If you can, please take a look at this new plugin: http://www.radiodj.ro/community/index.php?topic=6155.0
It has much more than the TCP one.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.