RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum

Plugin REST Server for RDJ 1.7.5+

Offline Capt_Fuzzy

• "Quiet numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" ~ Moe Howard
    • WVRR - Ridgerunners Radio
Re: Plugin REST Server for RDJ 1.7.5+
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2016, 10:18:14 PM »
What version of RDJ are you using?
I have the current version, and it's in my Disabled Plugins folder...

EDIT:
Hi Jhonny,

On the disabled plugins folder (RDJ v1.8.2), there's only the following, but no REST_Server plugin :(

Sorry, missed the version number you listed.., regardless, it should have been in there...
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade
Proud & Satisfied "Long-term" RadioDJ User
(Currently making the transition to v2)

WVRR - Ridgerunners Radio
The best mix of your favorites!

Offline Jhonny

• Peace, enjoy life, last sleep is longer than live!
    • Jhonny's RadioDJ tutorials.
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2016, 06:02:15 AM »
Rest server

[attachment deleted by admin]
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs, I do tuts. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) visit  https://radiodj.info

Testing RadioDJ v2.0.2.0 Beta

Offline JoshTheRadioDude

• Jack of all trades. Master of most of them.
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2016, 11:18:43 AM »
Would there be any way to integrate the controls of the Android app into the monitor application?  Those of us who don't have Android devices would be most appreciative!
"Jimmy James will hereafter, and for the purposes of this contract only, be referred to as 'God.'"
-- the Act of God clause in Bill McNeal's employment contract with WNYX

Offline DJ Garybaldy

• Retired DJ who uses RadioDJ
    • DJ Garybaldy Blog
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2016, 12:36:59 PM »
Would there be any way to integrate the controls of the Android app into the monitor application?  Those of us who don't have Android devices would be most appreciative!

Any Android app that may have been advertised on these forums are written by a 2nd party so you would have to PM or email the developer of any app to ask if he would include a feature in his application.

It's not something Marius develops.
Retired DJ & Proud USER of RadioDJ since 2010

Computers: Windows 10 Pro 16GB & 32GB AMD10/Intel i5 processor

https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/

Repair the RadioDJ database: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/09/radiodj-database-maintenance-how-to.html

Offline JoshTheRadioDude

« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2016, 12:42:57 PM »
I understand, but that wasn't what I was asking  :)

What I'm looking for is a version of the monitor app that Marius wrote for the REST server that includes commands like those in the Android app.  Sort of a Windows-based remote control for RadioDJ.  It appeared that Austin had written a PHP-based version of the same concept, and that would work, too, but the link to it seems to have disappeared.  Besides, with the monitor app already in existence and using the same protocol, as it were, it would seem to make sense if those functions were just added on there for all to use.
"Jimmy James will hereafter, and for the purposes of this contract only, be referred to as 'God.'"

Offline starm

« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2016, 05:41:29 PM »
Hello
I code an extension for phpbb

This is extension running phpbb 3.1
(Benefits or constraints)
and will be free.

https://j2sd.fr

Offline JoshTheRadioDude

« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2016, 08:52:21 AM »
That's a nice proof of concept, but I wouldn't want to set up a whole PHPbb installation just for that purpose.

Offline Valdis

• Radio is a mental condition
    • home
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2016, 09:07:32 AM »
That's a nice proof of concept, but I wouldn't want to set up a whole PHPbb installation just for that purpose.
I don't think @starm replied to your post. He simply reminded that he is working on PHPbb integration.

If by "Austin had written a PHP-based version of the same concept" you meant the REST Web Panel, here it is - REST-Web_Panel.zip.
I am, therefore I think.
I design and develop web apps, and have created few RadioDJ plugins - https://axellence.lv/downloads/

Offline JoshTheRadioDude

« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2016, 09:09:59 AM »
Ah, thanks!

« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2016, 11:32:27 AM »
@JoshTheRadioDude

I created a temporary four button remote control for you to test...(UI design is also temporary)

Buttons are:
1. PAUSE/PLAY
2. STOP
3. NEXT
4. MONITOR = this will execute the "RadioDJ Monitor.exe" created by Marius

How to use:
Unzip RDJControl.zip and copy RDJControl.exe to the RadioDJ Monitor.exe directory. My program will parse settings.xml automatically.

Please let me know if this works for you and I will add the remaining REST plug-in commands.

Tested only in Windows10.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 12:02:37 AM by Jungoy »

Offline JoshTheRadioDude

« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2016, 11:38:28 AM »
Hey, thanks, Jungoy!  I'll have to get back to you on it... for some reason my primary machine isn't able to connect to the REST server, and I'm trying to troubleshoot that at the moment.  But in a little while I'll copy it over to the RadioDJ machine to test it out locally.

« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2016, 12:36:35 PM »
Hey, thanks, Jungoy!  I'll have to get back to you on it... for some reason my primary machine isn't able to connect to the REST server, and I'm trying to troubleshoot that at the moment.  But in a little while I'll copy it over to the RadioDJ machine to test it out locally.

Make sure you set-up the settings correctly in settings.xml also located in RadioDJ Monitor directory....(host, port and pass)

:ok:

Offline JoshTheRadioDude

« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2016, 12:41:42 PM »
They are, it's just that I'm working with a crappy old 2WIRE modem/router that doesn't always like to cooperate and my RadioDJ machine is an XP box from the late 00's that doesn't always like to participate on the network.  I'm hoping rebooting both the computer and the router will fix it.  Y'know, short of having the $600 it would take to replace it all with new equipment  :D

Offline DJ Garybaldy

• Retired DJ who uses RadioDJ
    • DJ Garybaldy Blog
« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2016, 12:52:37 PM »
Y'know, short of having the $600 it would take to replace it all with new equipment

You can get new or refurbished Windows computers much cheaper than that if you shop smart. The PC we use to run RadioDJ is a windows 10 box (was windows 7) and it only cost about £100 for a 2GB ram Intel processor.

We don't have any issues networking between the Windows box and my Linux box.

If you search you might find a "barebones deal even cheaper." ... Add hard drives and go type options.
Retired DJ & Proud USER of RadioDJ since 2010

Computers: Windows 10 Pro 16GB & 32GB AMD10/Intel i5 processor

https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/

Repair the RadioDJ database: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/09/radiodj-database-maintenance-how-to.html

Offline JoshTheRadioDude

« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2016, 01:01:22 PM »
The $600 I'm estimating includes a new modem and a new router, plus the new computer I've already picked out to replace the old one.  I know barebones boxes can be built out on the cheap, but I've already priced out the features that I want, and there's an ASUS mini-PC that has them all and is less expensive than building my own.  I'm pretty certain the networking issues have nothing to do with the OS involved, it's just that the machine and router are both old and don't always like to work together.  As far as money goes, even going the barebones route, I'd have to save up for a while.  I'm working on a very tight budget.