Author Topic: 2 Manual Events - Only 1 Plays  (Read 1727 times)

Kruz

• New User

2 Manual Events - Only 1 Plays
« on: November 08, 2014, 10:59:09 PM »
Hey Gang --

We have created a manual event that loads a track from a category using the least last played track from a category of promos.  We have this scheduled at the top of the stop set in the playlist as the 1st element followed by another manual event rotator which is a commercial load from different category.  The commercial loader always plays, however the 1st manual even always goes to play and skips. 

The first manual event is also in the same playlist as the last event and this one has not problems playing.

*Key: 1st Manual Event - Alex Jones Rotator
          2nd Manual Event - Radio Loyalty Rotator
          Station Elements about 4 or 5
          Repeat 1st Manual Event - Alex Jones Rotator

AndyDeGroo

Re: 2 Manual Events - Only 1 Plays
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 11:18:09 PM »
Why don't you load your adverts using rotation entry? Are those events doing something else than just loading a track from category?

Kruz

• New User

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 11:49:13 PM »
I'm sorry I must not be following.  The even is set to load 1 of 5 of the client's spot hence why the event is set to choose last played.

How would you use rotation entry to load spots? I guess we have been used to using playlists and such.  When a rotation is in place don't you have to tell it when to change the rotation?

AndyDeGroo

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 12:07:19 AM »
Did you really mean "last played" or is it "least played"? There is a difference. :)

You can populate main playlist from rotation by clearing playlist using an event. That will load tracks in the same order as defined in rotation starting from first one.
For instance, if your spot/advert is first entry in rotation, it will also be loaded as first track in playlist after clearing playlist.

You could even cut currently playing song and go to commercial break in the TOH event by adding Play! action after Clear Playlist!. Note that there might be a delay of few seconds if there are many rotation rules and all those tracks have to be loaded at once after clearing playlist. If you encounter this issue, you should add Seconds To Wait|5 and schedule the event five second before TOH just to be sure that there in no dead air.

Kruz

• New User

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 01:07:30 AM »
Last played is correct.  Why would 1 event play and not the other?  Thanks for the clarification of rotation, however when it comes to our setup the loading of playlist makes more sense as the rotation switching back and forth we have found sometimes delay times and auto dj create issues when switching back and forth and also the removal of music and re-grabbing music throws the jocks for a roll when music is then switched back to other rotation.

AndyDeGroo

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 02:49:36 PM »
Please check Application logs in Windows event viewer for any errors from RadioDJ. There might be an indications why the second events is failing.
I'll try to replicate this issue on my RadioDJ and report my findings.

AndyDeGroo

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 03:05:47 PM »
I can reproduce the issue only if the second event has "Load Track From Category" action with repeat rules enabled.
I get following error in events log:
Code: [Select]
No track can be added from the selected category/subcategory/genre using Load From Category event action.
Both events worked as expected after disabling repeat rules in actions.

If you really need repeat rules in those events, you should specify different artist names for every spot track. That should allow RadioDJ to select tracks for playback.

Kruz

• New User

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 12:06:03 AM »
I checked and repeat was not enabled.  Once I changed the artist to different information the issue was corrected.  Marius gave me this idea and sure enough once the artist was different it worked.  Something with Playlist playing same artists manually built.