• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Radio dj fixing artists filenames/tags

Started by elsilva0, November 13, 2014, 07:34:43 PM

elsilva0

Im not sure where i had to post this topic, but, here it goes...

I dont know if it would be built by a plugin, well...

Today a friend searched in my website's requests for avril lavigne's song, he got surprised when he noticed only one music appeared, then i took a look and noticed the filename was written wrong, it was "AVRIEL LAVIGNE" of course it must be "AVRIL LAVIGNE" then my friend s asked me bout if the system doesn't fix it automatically or something like this. I told him it doesnt do it. Then I had an idea, and if radiodj could fix these songs with wrong filenames?

Everyone here s gonna say me "Mp3 Tag does it dude" i know, i have this tool but, its not true at all, ive attempted to fix , or better, to search and automatically insert the correct names by using mp3tag and i coudn't do, i use mp3 tag to get filename to filetag only this, first i use the "recase" tool to uppercase the filenames, then i open it with mp3tag to make the tags as the filenames.

Then i imagine radio dj in the future or a plugin could fix filenames this way... its an idea's example, it can be made in other way too...

If you have 7 songs for example, and all them is AVRIL LAVIGNE, 3 are AVRIEL LAVIGNE, as the most of them are AVRIL LAVIGNE, radiodj or plugin fix the 3 other to the same artist name of the most.

like...
Search results for artist shows 7 results with 12 letters each one,
and 3 results wth 13 letters each one,
rename [3 results]

If number of letters in 3 results (3 is less than 7) is different than number of letters in 7 results,
make the 3 results become the same filename as 7 results.

Please understand "results, or search results" as files imported in directory import process or track import process. its an example.

Jhonny

For a couple of wrong names
You can use the track manager.

Jh.
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

AndyDeGroo

Quote from: elsilva0 on November 13, 2014, 07:34:43 PM
first i use the "recase" tool to uppercase the filenames, then i open it with mp3tag to make the tags as the filenames.
As I already wrote in a reply on another thread, you don't have to use something like Recase because the re is a noption in Mp3tag for converting letter case of tags and rename files at the same time.
And if Mp3tag can't find meta info from sources, it is because it is using exact info provided. If you want a smarter tool for finding metadata for incorrectly tagged files, use MusicBrainz Picard.

Quote from: elsilva0 on November 13, 2014, 07:34:43 PM
Then i imagine radio dj in the future or a plugin could fix filenames this way... its an idea's example, it can be made in other way too...

If you have 7 songs for example, and all them is AVRIL LAVIGNE, 3 are AVRIEL LAVIGNE, as the most of them are AVRIL LAVIGNE, radiodj or plugin fix the 3 other to the same artist name of the most.

like...
Search results for artist shows 7 results with 12 letters each one,
and 3 results wth 13 letters each one,
rename [3 results]

If number of letters in 3 results (3 is less than 7) is different than number of letters in 7 results,
make the 3 results become the same filename as 7 results.
The thing you have explained is not as simple as it may seem. Consider a situation where there are 5 incorrectly tagged tracks and 2 with correct info. If the logic is based only on numbers, after "correcting" the tracks, there would be 7 incorrectly tagged tracks. And comparing number of letters is useless for this purpose. For instance, "AVRIL LAVIGNE" has same number of letters as "NIEVY YNIVTAR", which is the same name on which I applied rot13. Can you suggest an approach for determining which one is correct?

I think, there is no better tool for this task than human brain and eyeballs using common sense.

elsilva0

QuoteFor a couple of wrong names
You can use the track manager.

Really i discovered many time ago which radiodjs track manager has an option to upercase all files, or all showed in the list. but it just fix the tags, and i think it just fix in radiodj, just the way radiodj shows us the filenames, ... i gonna take a look again.

[quoteConsider a situation where there are 5 incorrectly tagged tracks and 2 with correct info. If the logic is based only on numbers, after "correcting" the tracks, there would be 7 incorrectly tagged tracks. And comparing number of letters is useless for this purpose. For instance, "AVRIL LAVIGNE" has same number of letters as "NIEVY YNIVTAR", which is the same name on which I applied rot13. Can you suggest an approach for determining which one is correct?][/quote]

I though of this but it will make my post as big as a bible :hihi:

Well, bout AVRIL LAVIGNEs case if we have more filenames with the same letters, we just have to find a way to recognize them, in search it would be easy, Avril lavigne, is avril lavigne, but in import ur sure.

Well, this idea can be better , we all can think bout this, make this idea better.

Maybe if we have a database ifornation, maybe something like TQ wants to build, if we have a way to search name of seem artists by internet when it imports it is on internet comparin title of songs and artists, if artist in some internet database seems with artists in track being imported into radiodj, radio dj insert the name of internet database to the file. it can be hard, i know, but i am not the genius, i hope you more experients with programing, to think about a solution, im not tellin we have to have it right now in a week or month, but we can begin thinkin bout this for the future, where we just import and the softwarae fix all with a internet conection, or a already imported songs database, or even an API which brings us this informations.

Filebydate and newest from folder

seems as complicated as my futurist idea, but

who know one day :)

lets think lets put our minds to get this solution for wrong filenames/tagged :)

8)

Jhonny

Quote from: elsilva0 on November 14, 2014, 02:25:15 AM
Really i discovered many time ago which radiodjs track manager has an option to upercase all files, or all showed in the list. but it just fix the tags, and i think it just fix in radiodj, just the way radiodj shows us the filenames, ... i gonna take a look again.

You can also rename in the track manager.
Yes, the database is than updated, and with TAG SYNCRONIZATION  you can update the id3tags from the tracks.

Jh.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

Kruz

As with many systems, if you put crap in you get crap out simple rules of taking pride in your station.  Check and double check.

Now I do hear where you are coming from a plugin that could "listen" to the song and see if there is an audio fingerprint and then check like MusicBrainz or Shazam and see if the song is identified, if it is update the title and artist ID3 tag and allow it to write it back to the database.  However if a file is not found with a fingerprint ID place a Red Asterisk or some identifier that the programmer will be able to see so they know that they should check it.  Once confirmed information is correct remove a check mark that states check for song identification.  This check for song identification could be done when loaded in the queue to give it plenty of time to check.

For other audio elements that we know for sure will not have an audio fingerprint the checkbox "song identification" could be unchecked for it to not be part of the list to be checked.

Thoughts welcomed,

Kruz  :ok:

AndyDeGroo

That is a lot more useful suggestion, Kruz.
It could be implemented as a plugin but currently there is no way for a RadioDJ plugin to modify how tracks are displayed in playlist or track manager.

On the other hand, it could have its own interface, which would replace the default track manager. Or it could be developed as standalone web interface for managing RadioDJ, which could be even more useful and versatile.

elsilva0

I fixed many tags and filenames hand by hand this morning :( im so tired now, go lay down  ???

http://prntscr.com/56jstj

PresidentOfACPJ

Any news aboutthis topic subject ?????

I want to get tags like year artist, album and title at least thesetags by internet by using some script like demoscript, then i would use tag sincronization to insert it to the mp3 files :).

ANY NEWS???

KBMZ RADIO:

radiorockfm.com.br/
twitter: @radiorockfmreal/
fb: @radiorockfmreal

studioflashback.com.br
twitter: @radiosflashback
fb: @radiostudioflashback

BR The Classic Rock:
radiorockfm.com.br/br
twitter. @classicrockbr
fb: @classicrockbr

ZTOP:
radiorockfm.com.br/ztop
twitter: @ztop
fb: @ztop

Jhonny

Quote from: PresidentOfACPJ on February 16, 2019, 05:29:33 AM
Any news aboutthis topic subject ??? ??

I want to get tags like year artist, album and title at least thesetags by internet by using some script like demoscript, then i would use tag sincronization to insert it to the mp3 files :) .

ANY NEWS???
the other way around is to edit the tags in the tracks with, for example, an mp3 tags editor and then syngronate them to the database, only genre will not work.

PresidentOfACPJ

Quote from: elsilva0 on November 15, 2014, 11:36:16 AM
I fixed many tags and filenames hand by hand this morning :( im so tired now, go lay down  ???

http://prntscr.com/56jstj
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH UUUUUUUUUUH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA PQP LOL! Hand y hand, so tired now aajajajajajajajajajajajaja kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.... OMG HAHAHA!

:D :D :D Too funny this old message haha omg :hihi: This is why i love technology.  :bash:
KBMZ RADIO:

radiorockfm.com.br/

studioflashback.com.br

BR The Classic Rock:
radiorockfm.com.br/br
twitter. @classicrockbr

ZTOP:
radiorockfm.com.br/ztop

Hidyman

I'm not sure exactly how the MusicBrainz API works, but I think they have the back end built for this. It's not perfect and needs some user input, but it does a pretty good job of finding songs, especially with the Acoustic_ID.

Mp3Tag has the ability to use the MusicBrainz lookup in their program, so it should be possible to write a plugin for RadioDJ to do the same.

Honestly, it takes a bit of getting used to, but the MusicBrainz Picard app, with the right settings, should be able to match all of your songs into the correct groupings. You might need to move a few things around, but it really gives you a leg up on organizing your collection.

PresidentOfACPJ

Quote from: Hidyman on January 21, 2023, 08:41:35 AM
I'm not sure exactly how the MusicBrainz API works, but I think they have the back end built for this. It's not perfect and needs some user input, but it does a pretty good job of finding songs, especially with the Acoustic_ID.

Mp3Tag has the ability to use the MusicBrainz lookup in their program, so it should be possible to write a plugin for RadioDJ to do the same.

Honestly, it takes a bit of getting used to, but the MusicBrainz Picard app, with the right settings, should be able to match all of your songs into the correct groupings. You might need to move a few things around, but it really gives you a leg up on organizing your collection.

I use Music Brainz since a lot time ago.
This is not a problem anymore.

KBMZ RADIO:

radiorockfm.com.br/

studioflashback.com.br

BR The Classic Rock:
radiorockfm.com.br/br
twitter. @classicrockbr

ZTOP:
radiorockfm.com.br/ztop

mebo870

To notice and correct the correct names or errors, when I want to enter the details in TagScanner.
I use Google and the website of the Dutch top 40 and the Ultratop (Belgium)
I enter the complete title "artist" and "title" in Google.
Example: ultratop Avriel Lavigne - What The Hell
Google immediately notices that Avriel is incorrect and becomes red underlined.
Then you know something is written incorrectly.

With Tagscanner I regularly check for titles (alphabetically) so duplicates or wrong names are noticed.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
RDJ 2.0.3.9
I found the key to happiness
Stay away from idiots

simistef

to manage music there are two tools you can use:

1. https://beets.io

pros
-searches internet for song details, gives you options if not sure it selected the right track, can integrate with deezer/musicbrainz to extract tracks specific details (energy, gain, etc)
-does have a database and it's safe against duplicates
cons
-very slow

2. https://picard.musicbrainz.org
pros
- super fast and visual easy friendly
- get several music information in tags
cons
-no database to check against duplicates
RadioDJ 2.0.4.5| StereoTool 10.21 | SECaster 1.2.8 | Icecast 2.4.4 | MariaDB 10.11.2