Author Topic: adding timed event to rotation  (Read 2906 times)

kebmo18901

• New User

adding timed event to rotation
« on: November 16, 2014, 04:36:31 PM »
Is there a way of adding a timed event to a rotation in autodj? I have a rotation of 20 songs mixed with jingles & sweepers which will be more songs than needed for the hour. I created an event that will disable autodj, clear playlist, add the same rotation, and then enable autodj at 59:59. Rotations will only let me add it as a manual event so it won't activate until it reaches it in rotation (on the bottom of rotation).  I need the rotation to restart at the top of the hour. Thanks.

big daddy

Re: adding timed event to rotation
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 06:30:44 PM »
Hi, I don't have the solution but for some person of our radio, I make a special TOH event. I add a clearlist and a rotation after the TOH in the TOH event and like this after the TOH the actual clearlist is clear and a new rotation (for his music) is playing. Like this, they have there music only for him.

Sorry for my english,it's not my native language.

Pegbars

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 11:32:57 PM »
Here's how I am doing it.  I don't call the event from the rotation, because I can never be sure when it will run.  The same way with my hour open jingle (should the rotation play all the way through and repeat).  I have my rotation setup with the music, jingles, and sweepers, as you have.  Then, I have an event setup to run at 59:30, that looks like this:

Clear playlist
Load file: Hour Open Jingle TOP
Load file: (news) TOP
Load file: Station ID TOP
Load rotation: (x)

This way, I have station ID and news very near the TOH.  Then, it comes out of the news with my hour open jingle and right back into the music, starting again from the top of the rotation.  I've found it's not necessary to turn Auto DJ off and on, since everything loads fine and in the proper order without doing so. 

Hope this helps.  :)

AndyDeGroo

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 04:20:18 AM »
Then, I have an event setup to run at 59:30, that looks like this:

Clear playlist
Load file: Hour Open Jingle TOP
Load file: (news) TOP
Load file: Station ID TOP
Load rotation: (x)

Although, it is helpful and the approach would would work, I'd like to add that Auto DJ could kick in right after clearing playlist and add some tracks from current rotation, which might not be desirable. To avoid that, just make the Load Rotation action as first and then clear playlist.
It's also recommended to disable Auto DJ before clearing playlist and re-enabling it after the news block has been added to playlist and started to play. This is important if there are many entries in the loaded rotation, because RadioDJ tends to slow down when it has to load many tracks at once, which could delay playback of news by few seconds.

Pegbars

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 05:45:37 AM »
Thanks for the insight, Andy.  I'll try that. 

You know the software well.  :)

TQ

• Personal Text
    Perseverance is everything!
    • Emen Valley Radio
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 09:18:06 AM »
Hi Pegbars,

You mention in another post that you are running RDJ on older machines which, I think, is why you are getting away with not disabling/enabling Auto-DJ.

I suspect that when you port your setup over to a newer machine this practice will bite you back so doing it now will help future-proof your setup.

TQ
A problem is only a problem if you can't find the solution.

Pegbars

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 12:59:34 PM »
Heheh... yes, I've already changed that and added it to my events.  Thanks!   :ok: