• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Diacritics

Started by catalin66ro, November 19, 2014, 09:52:35 AM

catalin66ro

Hi there,

I'm running a Romanian radio station and I have a problem with diacritics. Although ă, î and â are displayed correctly, ș and ț are displayed  lower case in the upper bar and, on my stream, they are not displayed at all, they are skipped. Why is that and how can it be fixed?

Thank you!

Marius

Hi Catalin, i will answer you in English since you've posted here.
The program uses the system's localization settings, so you don't have to change anything.
Do you have problems displaying the translation, or only with the track information? If the problem is only with the tracks, it may be a wrong character set or collation used for the database. The songs table must use uft8_general_ci collation (can be converted later using heidisql).
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

catalin66ro

Hi Marius (let's continue this in english :) ),
I have troubles only with the titles, because I have a lot of Romanian titles in my database. I have no problems with ă, î and â. But when I try to place a ș or a ț, on the upper bar of the main window I see them in lowercase.  Example: VEșNIC. And on my web site is displayed Venic.
Any advice? Thank you!

catalin66ro

I've checked, my songs table is utf8_general_ci, so... I don't know...

AndyDeGroo

Hi Catalin,

May I ask what streaming server and encoder do you use? It looks like the issue is in either one of those.

catalin66ro

Hi Andy,

I'm using some encoder for encoder and Shoutcast streaming server. But, as I said to Marius, when I have a ș or ț in a title, RadioDJ displays it lower cased in the upper bar (VEșNIC instead of VEȘNIC).
Any thoughts? Thank You!

catalin66ro

Here is a print screen with what I mean.

[attachment deleted by admin]

AndyDeGroo

Oh, sorry. I must have misunderstood your question. I thought that the issue was in player applications.

I'm Latvian and I have Russian titles in my library but I have never seen similar issues. It must have something to do with how RadioDJ or WinForms apply upper-casing to accented characters.
See this screenshot with Cyrillic characters.

Marius

I'm also from Romania and play tracks with diacritics and they are displayed just fine here, without any setting.
Catalin, if you set your location to Romania in windows control panel and restart rdj is any difference?
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

catalin66ro

Hi Marius,

I checked, my location is Romania, I even added a Romanian keyboard. Unfortunately, the problem is still there. In the first picture, I show you how RadioDJ displays a title with a ț. In the second picture, you'll see how the title is displayed on my player page. Please help!

Marius

If it's not too late, i can take a look in the evening, let's say after 9 (Romania time). Just send me to PM the team viewer details at that time.
Thanks.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

catalin66ro

Sorry. I missed your message. I sent you a PM.

catalin66ro

Hi Marius, I tend to say that is a soft related problem. I installed RadioDJ on my home computer and I have the same problem. Here's how it displays the title:

Marius

I can say the same thing. The track is displayed like this on my computer, without any tweaks.

DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

catalin66ro

So, what can I do? I'm really puzzled here...