• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v1.7.6 Released!

Started by Marius, December 05, 2014, 01:34:07 PM

TQ

I am receiving the error [FAILED READING FILE!] if I try to import new files.

If I use 1.7.4.0 (from a separate folder) using the same db I can import the files.

If I run 1.7.6.0 it skips the imported files even though it will load them into the playlist.

If I run 1.7.4.0 it plays the files 100% OK.

I first updated with the database tool> Update. When the problem was discovered I used method 2 but also excluded all the *.xml files from the plugins folder. I then used the update to upgrade pluginsinterface.dll from 1.3.0.6 to 1.4.0.6 as the download zip contained the earlier version.

I am now using 1.7.4.0 as there is no longer an upgrade route to 1.7.5.0 and I didn't have a backup.

Any help would be appreciated.

TQ

A problem is only a problem if you can't find the solution.

peterdewith

Hi

Where can i find a full install of 1.7.6?
have to install a fris system
www.internet-radio-stream.nl goedkoop internet radio streaming zonder data limiet

DJ Garybaldy

Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

TQ

QuoteI am receiving the error [FAILED READING FILE!] if I try to import new files.

Further to the above problem, I drilled it down to the specific NEW titles I'm trying to add to the database. For the life of me I can't work out what is wrong with the files. I've played them in 2 other players (VLC & Clementine), I've deleted all the meta data and reinstalled it via MP3TAG, I've deleted the album art from the file all of which hasn't got me any closer to what the problem is.

I've even created a vanilla install of RDJ 1.7.6.0 and attached it to a new database.

To reiterate, they will load into RDJ 1.7.4.0 and play without problem.

In the hope that someone else could find whatever is wrong with the file or at least try to import it into their copy of 1.7.6.0, here is a file that won't load for me.

Any help would be much appreciated.

TQ

FL Coast

Quote from: TQ on December 06, 2014, 07:36:22 PM
Further to the above problem, I drilled it down to the specific NEW titles I'm trying to add to the database. For the life of me I can't work out what is wrong with the files. I've played them in 2 other players (VLC & Clementine), I've deleted all the meta data and reinstalled it via MP3TAG, I've deleted the album art from the file all of which hasn't got me any closer to what the problem is.

I've even created a vanilla install of RDJ 1.7.6.0 and attached it to a new database.

To reiterate, they will load into RDJ 1.7.4.0 and play without problem.

In the hope that someone else could find whatever is wrong with the file or at least try to import it into their copy of 1.7.6.0, here is a file that won't load for me.

Any help would be much appreciated.

TQ

Hi TQ,

I downloaded your file and imported it into RadioDJ 1.7.6.0 and it played with no issues. 
:)    Play the Music and Have Fun!    :ok:
==================================
Fun In The Sun,  From the Florida Coast
"It is what we learn after we think we know it all, that counts."
John Wooden 1910 - 2010

TQ

How strange is that!

Pegbars is also posting about this problem here.

TQ

FL Coast

Quote from: TQ on December 06, 2014, 08:26:37 PM
How strange is that!

Pegbars is also posting about this problem here.

TQ

Did you both use Auto Update to get to version 1.7.6.0 from 1.7.5.0?
John Wooden 1910 - 2010

TQ

Quote from: FL Coast on December 06, 2014, 08:32:19 PM
Did you both use Auto Update to get to version 1.7.6.0 from 1.7.5.0?

If you notice my posts above I've used both auto-update and method 2. I've also created another 'Vanilla' install which experiences the exact same problem!

Pick the bone out of that if you can :)

TQ

FL Coast

Quote from: TQ on December 06, 2014, 08:34:51 PM
If you notice my posts above I've used both auto-update and method 2. I've also created another 'Vanilla' install which experiences the exact same problem!

Pick the bone out of that if you can :)

TQ

Corrupted Database?????????  ::)  Did you try a db repair?
John Wooden 1910 - 2010

Pegbars

Quote from: TQ on December 06, 2014, 03:54:36 PM
I first updated with the database tool> Update. When the problem was discovered I used method 2 but also excluded all the *.xml files from the plugins folder. I then used the update to upgrade pluginsinterface.dll from 1.3.0.6 to 1.4.0.6 as the download zip contained the earlier version.

I did the exact same things, TQ, auto update... and later tried to troubleshoot the same way you did (using Method 2 file replacements)!  Same result... had to go back to an earlier version.

TQ

Quote from: FL Coast on December 06, 2014, 08:39:02 PM
Corrupted Database?????????  ::)  Did you try a db repair?

Yep! Also did an install on another machine using the same process and ALSO fresh database.

TQ

TQ

As a footnote to my last, everything is 100% OK using V1.7.4.0 with the same db as I'm having trouble with on 1.7.6.0.

TQ

Marius

TQ a remote troubleshoot is possible, if you have 5 minutes?
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

TQ

I don't have teamviewer installed but I can do if you wish. It's also a 2 screen system I don't know how teamviewer will respond to that.

TQ

Marius

For me is fine, please send me the details on PM.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.