• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Work with File By Date

Started by bulik4lg, January 27, 2015, 07:34:31 PM

bulik4lg

Hello everyone,
can someone explain me, please, how to work properly with File By Date track type..?
I have prerecorded voice track which is saved in the MM-dd-YYYY format in the DB. I adjusted its track type as File By Date. Then I created an event, where I put open jingle with bed music and close jingle. Which option in event creator I need to select to let the RDJ choose the correct track from a directory, where such a files are stored? Or is there any other way, how to handle File By Date track types ?
Thank you in advance for your hints.

Cheers.

Matej
Matej

Marius

Matej, please read this: http://www.radiodj.ro/tutorials/track-types-in-radiodj.html
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

bulik4lg

Hi Marius,
thank you for answer.
I am still not sure, if I understood it well.. So this track type can be added into the queue only by predefined playlist..? I can not add it for example with some event..?
Is there any way, how can I use such a track type if I use only rotations for creating daily program, not playlists..?
Matej

bulik4lg

Please, can someone help me..? Or explain me, how to deal with that kind of files ?

Just to summarize it.
My daily program is created with rotations. Those are loaded in irregular intervals. Prerecorded shows are loaded to the queue with an event. Is there any way, how to get prerecorded shows (obviously in correct file name format) into the queue using some event, or something ?
If yes, what I need to edit, so to be able to do that ?
If no, does anyone have some hint, how to solve that situation ?

Thank you
Matej

SlowJamer

I have the exact same question, so far I haven't been able to find anywhere that explains how to apply "File By Date" the page "http://www.radiodj.ro/tutorials/track-types-in-radiodj.html" that Marius suggested only explains what the file type is, it does not explain how to set it up or use it so if someone can be kind enough to explain I would be very grateful, thank you.

Marius

1. Go to RadioDJ-Options-Track Import;
2. Set track type to "File By Date";
3. Using the plus button select the target folder where the program will search for the files;
4. Set manually the artist and the title for the track, for future references. For example "Latest News".

The default date mask the files is "yyyy-MM-dd", so if you put multiple files in the target folder, one for each day (for example: 2015-05-27.mp3, 2015-05-28.mp3, 2015-05-29.mp3 etc), whenever you will load the "Latest News" file, it will search for the corresponding file at that day. In other words RadioDJ will replace the mask with the actual date/time from the moment that was called the file.

After this, you can use an event to play the "Latest News" file. The good thing about this is that only requires an event to play each day different files.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

cordobaweb

if the file names are for example 20150527.mp3, 20150528.mp3, 20150529.mp3, have I insert in the comment field "yyyyMMdd"?

Marius

DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

kboyle

I'm having trouble with File By Date.  I've figured out that you have to use File Import rather than folder and that you have to choose the File By Date type BEFORE you click the plus sign, but once I've completed the profile (including assigning info to the artist, title and album fields) and imported --nothing shows up for tracks (even through there are multiple files in the directory that match the date naming convention.  As a result, when I go to create an event that calls to load a track, there is nothing to select.  I suppose I am missing something obvious, but I've struggled with this for some time And checked the forums) and can't seem to find a solution.

Capt_Fuzzy

Quote from: cordobaweb on June 10, 2015, 09:01:44 PM
if the file names are for example 20150527.mp3, 20150528.mp3, 20150529.mp3, have I insert in the comment field "yyyyMMdd"?
To play this file: 20150527.mp3
Enter into the "yyyyMMdd" field: 20150527
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade
Proud & Satisfied "Long-term" RadioDJ User
(Currently making the transition to v2)

WVRR - Ridgerunners Radio
The best mix of your favorites!

Capt_Fuzzy

Quote from: kboyle on November 24, 2015, 10:07:27 PM
I'm having trouble with File By Date.  I've figured out that you have to use File Import rather than folder and that you have to choose the File By Date type BEFORE you click the plus sign, but once I've completed the profile (including assigning info to the artist, title and album fields) and imported --nothing shows up for tracks (even through there are multiple files in the directory that match the date naming convention.  As a result, when I go to create an event that calls to load a track, there is nothing to select.  I suppose I am missing something obvious, but I've struggled with this for some time And checked the forums) and can't seem to find a solution.
From what I understand about it, File By Date can be a bit "finicky" about file names and the format that they are in.
Be careful how you name your files and when you want them imported, make sure the info is EXACTLY the same as the file name...
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade

kboyle

I understand that the default format is YYYY-MM-DD.X.  We use FLAC files, so the files I'm using are named, for example, 2015-11-28.flac.  Could the FLAC extension be the issue?

kcb

Capt_Fuzzy

No, I don't think the extension would be an issue unless it was something not compatible with RDJ...
To my best knowledge, you can use .flac with RadioDJ...
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade

deskr

if I want this format: "News 28-06-2016"
how would it be the mask?

Capt_Fuzzy

Quote from: deskr on June 28, 2016, 04:28:45 PM
if I want this format: "News 28-06-2016"
how would it be the mask?
Since I've not used this much, I could be wrong, but from what I've read on it, try this:
news-2016-06-28.mp3

The "news" part may or may not confuse RDJ, that's the part I'm not sure about...
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade