Author Topic: Rotations won't save  (Read 6190 times)

therobkaufman

• New User

Rotations won't save
« on: February 01, 2015, 05:06:01 AM »
Hey!

I updated to 1.7.7 but realized there was no third party plugin support, so I switched back to the older version "[IMPORT FIXED]"

Uninstalled and reinstalled MySQL server just because of that issue, I loaded my backup of the old database I had. Everything seemed fine in the program, until I couldn't save Rotations. At all.

I open Tracks Rotation, set them up, and then hit Save, but after hitting Save, the window completely clears and doesn't save the information. Auto DJ will not pick any songs at all since the rotations won't save. No matter what I do, I can't get this thing to acknowledge that I've entered info.

What should I do? Should I just wipe the whole program and do a clean install AGAIN and then rebuild my entire database from scratch?

joshuatree44

Re: Rotations won't save
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 05:44:13 AM »
Sounds like your backup is corrupt. Did you override the DB when you installed the backup? because the new will continue the new imported plus the old. If I were you I would get heidi sql and drop/delete the old database and then using the sql utility from marius install the DB again and I bet you it will work. You cant restore the old DB over the new one once it has been updated expecting it not to have the new stuff in it.

therobkaufman

• New User

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 12:45:56 AM »
Sounds like your backup is corrupt. Did you override the DB when you installed the backup? because the new will continue the new imported plus the old. If I were you I would get heidi sql and drop/delete the old database and then using the sql utility from marius install the DB again and I bet you it will work. You cant restore the old DB over the new one once it has been updated expecting it not to have the new stuff in it.

When I installed the new database I did already create a new one. I'm not sure how to do all of that, the MySQL stuff really leaves me so confused and it's the hardest part of using this program. I can install and set it up but after that I'm totally lost at troubleshooting and whatnot.

Eddy73

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 10:29:03 AM »
using 1.7.7 from 1.7.6.

Marius

• Administrator

• Radio DJ
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 11:19:44 AM »
If the rotation doesn't save it means that you didn't applied the database update!
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

joshuatree44

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 01:22:32 PM »
Marius gives you complete instructions. There is no need to be confused. Just follow what is written and all will work just fine. Marius is very good ad giving complete instructions.

When I installed the new database I did already create a new one. I'm not sure how to do all of that, the MySQL stuff really leaves me so confused and it's the hardest part of using this program. I can install and set it up but after that I'm totally lost at troubleshooting and whatnot.

diezzetta

• New User

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 01:27:59 PM »
If the rotation doesn't save it means that you didn't applied the database update!
Hi guys yersteday i got same problems... update db and work for me, bot today rotation doesn's save  :'(

Any ideas?

joshuatree44

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 01:29:54 PM »
your DB must have gotten corrupted. Try the update again. I have been running for 24 hours and solid. no issues. So you guys must skip over steps.

Dr_Anthony

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 01:44:00 PM »
I've got problem with loading rotation. Just updated to 1.7.7 and the "old" rotation is still in Track Rotation Plugin. But if I click on Auto DJ nothing will happen - it means that the track won't load to play. So what now?

Any suggestions? Thank you!

Marius

• Administrator

• Radio DJ
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2015, 01:55:24 PM »
In some cases the rotation must be created again. However for most of the users will work the old ones.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

joshuatree44

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2015, 01:56:40 PM »
You people who are having issues like this are all due to DB updates. that is all this can be. It is nothing more than that. You need to update RDJ and then DB making sure everything is still closed. Do not start anything like the directions say. So far there are more that have yet to need or have issues so look how you update and try again.

Dr_Anthony

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2015, 02:35:05 PM »
You people who are having issues like this are all due to DB updates. that is all this can be. It is nothing more than that. You need to update RDJ and then DB making sure everything is still closed. Do not start anything like the directions say. So far there are more that have yet to need or have issues so look how you update and try again.

I'm very sorry but don't understand what you mean. To solve the problem, I have to update DB? If so, how to updated it? So please tell me the exact steps to do it.

Marius

• Administrator

• Radio DJ
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2015, 04:01:54 PM »
If using 1.7.7 with a new database there is NO need to update the database, but if using on older version, like 1.7.6, in order for the new features to work, you will need to apply a database update.
Please read the first topic from 1.7.7 to see what steps you must follow.
Here is a video tutorial about how to update the database: http://www.radiodj.ro/tutorials/how-to-apply-an-update-to-radiodj-database.html
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

Dr_Anthony

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2015, 04:36:59 PM »
If using 1.7.7 with a new database there is NO need to update the database, but if using on older version, like 1.7.6, in order for the new features to work, you will need to apply a database update.
Please read the first topic from 1.7.7 to see what steps you must follow.
Here is a video tutorial about how to update the database: http://www.radiodj.ro/tutorials/how-to-apply-an-update-to-radiodj-database.html

Hi Marius! That's it, I had to update DB and now it works! Thank you!!!  :cool:

therobkaufman

• New User

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2015, 11:22:16 PM »
Marius gives you complete instructions. There is no need to be confused. Just follow what is written and all will work just fine. Marius is very good ad giving complete instructions.

Excuse me pal, I followed the instructions exactly as they were laid out. But sometimes there are circumstances in which there ARE no instructions for your particular issue. I clearly explained in the original post that my problem was circumstantial, so that there is no tutorial for my issue.

Also, the instructions never stated that all my plugins would stop working if I updated to 1.7.7, and Step B was apparently supposed to be done before Step A?

Updating the database didn't fix the issue. I did CLEAN INSTALLS. The database was apparently corrupt, which doesn't make sense because I followed the instructions exactly as they were. I ended up just uninstalling EVERYTHING and doing a clean install of MySQL, RadioDJ 1.7.6 and all of my plugins. It seems to be working okay now. Hopefully I can update to 1.7.7 when some of the plugins are actually updated.