• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v1.7.8 Released!

Started by Marius, February 19, 2015, 07:33:12 PM

Marius

Changes:

- Added the option to remember the main window's size and position [NEW];
- Added the option to fetching (.pls/.m3u) playlist file for internet streams. If multiple links are available, it will played the first active link from the list [NEW];
- Included new version of Auto Update utility, which will only show the files compatible with the user's RadioDJ version. [NEW]
- Fixed plugin activation bug when loading them;

HOW TO UPDATE FROM 1.7.7?

METHOD 1

1. Replace ALL .dll files with the new ones;
    2. Replace RadioDJ.exe with the new one;

METHOD 2

1. Unzip the new version somewhere on your HDD;
    2. Delete from the new package the settings files (they are named like settings_XXXXX.xml);
    3. Copy all files from the new package over your old files in order to overwrite them;

ALTERNATE METHOD 3

1. Replace all the files with the new ones;
    2. Customize the settings for the program/plugins;

NO DATABASE NECESSARY IF UPDATING FROM RadioDJ v1.7.7

If already using v1.7.7 is strongly recommended to update to this version!

HUGE FAT NOTE: You cannot update from older versions than 1.7.7 without applying the database update from the 1.7.7 topic. This version is only compatible with RadioDJ v1.7.7!
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Jhonny

Would it actually not say, but you're the best  :hihi: :cool:
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

DJ Garybaldy

Cheers Marius upgrade went smoothly!!
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

joshuatree44

Worked nicely. The only issue I had was the now playing saving. That is not a big deal. I can redo that easy. One other thing, it is marking as artists as played, however it is allowing them to be right back into the playlist like they should not be in rotations.

FL Coast

:)    Play the Music and Have Fun!    :ok:
==================================
Fun In The Sun,  From the Florida Coast
"It is what we learn after we think we know it all, that counts."
John Wooden 1910 - 2010

adrinto

In this new version the Say Time is repeated several times the minutes
gives the hours and minutes example midnight and 48 minutes repeated 48 minutes ... 48 minutes ... 48 minutes several times just stopping the radio dj normalizes
??? :( :( :( :(

Copper007

Nize release Marius!!!

Kind a strange though: I cannot change the name of the database... it is and will be radiodj161???
Set up from scratch.......

Am I missing something here?

Krid   8)
RDJ does it all!

http://www.studio0187.nl

Marius

@adrinto: here is working just fine. Can you double-check?
@Copper007: The database name can be changed from the setup utility. Just tried again and it works.

PS: @Copper007 i know what you mean now. The database name field doesn't allow to enter invalid characters. To delete the existing name or part of it, just select it and press delete. I modified this behavior to allow also backspace and it will be in next release.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

mixycsabi

Very good work! I'm happy :)

On the database setup -> database name (default radiodj161), you can delete, but only "delete" button, the "backspace" not worked for me.

I can't find the Auto update utility just only "4" button, but this is not problem :)

(sorry for my wrong english...:( )

Marius

Don't worry Csabbi!  :)
The auto update was separated from the database utility and it can be found as "AutoUpdate.exe" in RadioDJ folder.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

Vanlen

Smooth update with Method 1, and running great.

Thanks for the latest from the greatest :cool:

Cheers Marius
Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

Myriad

linawebradio

WOW!!!
I missed the forum for a couple of months (that's not good... I know!  :angel: )
...and I find not just one... but three software updates!!
Great Marius!
So my question is...

can I update directly from 1.7.5 to 1.7.8 (I know... I have to do DB upgrade first...) or must I carry on through the various steps?
.5 > .6 > .7 > .8 ?

www.linawebradio.it
La tua Social Radio!

Marius

It's enough to apply the database update from the 1.7.7 and then use the files from 1.7.8.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

Derek

Hi Marius, All good so far having used Method 2 as usual.

One thing I've wondered for a while.... for Method 2, I've only been deleting from the new package the settings_****.xml files to then overwrite all the others. Should I also delete the settings_artists which is a text file?

Thanks  :)