• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Ice cast question

Started by Feiko, March 21, 2015, 04:15:20 PM

Feiko

He Guys,

Strange if I shut down IceCast it still is running??????  :-[

Even when I reset my computer it runs on startup. And I never said he must.

HELP

Feiko
FIR radio

TQ

Some versions like 'Icecast 2.3.3-kh11 Streaming Media Server' run as a service, which version are you using?

TQ
A problem is only a problem if you can't find the solution.

Feiko

Hmmmmmm I see only win32 IceCast 2.x
I think i'm running 2 and I only see 1 sorry I hope you under stand, or can say how I can give you the info you need to help me.

Tnx in advance
Feiko
FIR Radio

Feiko

Hi TQ I found my version it's IceCast 2.3.2

TQ

Quote from: Feiko on March 21, 2015, 05:04:40 PM
Hmmmmmm I see only win32 IceCast 2.x
I think i'm running 2 and I only see 1 sorry I hope you under stand, or can say how I can give you the info you need to help me.
Hi Feiko,

You say "I see only win32 IceCast 2.x" but you don't say where.

I'm not clear on what you are saying so lets try this.

From the start button select run and enter services.msc then click ok.
When services opens, scroll down the list till you get to applications starting with 'I', now look for Icecast ....
If there is anything there report back that info. If there is more than one entry report that back too.

Now open your browser and enter http://localhost:8000/admin/
You should be prompted for a user name (probably admin) and password (if you don't remember setting it, try hackme).
If you get a 'Unable to connect' or 404 page then no Icecast instance is running on that port, report back with this info.
If an Icecast2 Admin page come up then look down the page until you see: server_id and report back the version number to the right of this item.

We will continue once you report back.

TQ

Feiko

HI TQ

I a'm running 2.3.2
And yes in service is there IceCast trunk streaming server,started,automatic,local system

Feiko
FIR Radio

starm

hostname fields in the xml configuration page should be the name of your machine on the local network or the ip if the machine is remote

I also toured with Icecast 2.3.2

TQ

Hi Feiko

If you stop the service and wait for the buffer to empty (allow 30 seconds) are you saying the player still plays?

Also, if you disable the service, does it still stream after a reboot?

TQ
FYI
Quote from: Thomas B. Rücker - Icecast programmerWe also recommend to upgrade to version 2.4.1 due to the contained security fixes. There are 2.4.1 packages available in many distributions, and for those distributions carrying older versions there are official 2.4.1 packages available linked from http://icecast.org/download/

Jhonny

Just a download link from me for icecast_win32_2.4.1.exe  ;)

R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

TQ

joshuatree44

What about us who use 64bit windows.

Quote from: Jhonny on March 21, 2015, 09:13:44 PM
Just a download link from me for icecast_win32_2.4.1.exe  ;)

Jhonny

I run it on a 64bit windows.
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English