• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Sweeper in a specific track

Started by Youmusic, March 28, 2015, 03:23:09 PM

Youmusic

Hello all,

I was searching for a solution in forum but my english are bad so i couldnt understand some things. I make a topic in order to get the solution with a more possible way for me.

I got some tracks that singers sent me a sweeper in order to play with their songs. Like "You are listening to my new song i am ...."
I want this to play at the start of the specific song and thats all.

I have passed these sweepers on Sweepers category of RadioDJ and from edit song i assign the sweeper to the song. But not working.
In option>tracks rotation the sweeper tab is on intro and also i have cue points with intro inside tracks.

Last RadioDJ program.

Any idea?
Danikas Konstantinos - Youmusic.gr (Because Good music means Youmusic) Web Radio

joshuatree44

This has never worked for me either. That is why I gave up on it. It sucks yes but that is just my experience.

Youmusic

I remember in a specific version of RadioDJ was working very good with no problem at all.
Danikas Konstantinos - Youmusic.gr (Because Good music means Youmusic) Web Radio

joshuatree44

Has yet to or for that matter ever work for me.

Jhonny

Quote from: Youmusic on March 28, 2015, 03:23:09 PM
Hello all,

I was searching for a solution in forum but my english are bad so i couldnt understand some things. I make a topic in order to get the solution with a more possible way for me.

I got some tracks that singers sent me a sweeper in order to play with their songs. Like "You are listening to my new song i am ...."
I want this to play at the start of the specific song and thats all.

I have passed these sweepers on Sweepers category of RadioDJ and from edit song i assign the sweeper to the song. But not working.
In option>tracks rotation the sweeper tab is on intro and also i have cue points with intro inside tracks.

Last RadioDJ program.

Any idea?

Well em thinking of the TTS plugin.

if they send you a track and put in the comment ID3Tag form who it is, according to the Stream Variables.txt then it will been announced, just a thought.
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

AndyDeGroo

Quote from: Jhonny on March 28, 2015, 03:57:50 PM
Well em thinking of the TTS plugin.

if they send you a track and put in the comment ID3Tag form who it is, according to the Stream Variables.txt then it will been announced, just a thought.
TTS is does not come close to real recorded message from artist himself. It's just not that personal and defies it's purpose.

I think that it this should be investigated to see if it is in fact a bug. I'll try to reproduce it and report my findings.

Meanwhile, a solution would be to load the sweeper before the track using an event. Not perfect, but at least it would play as intended.

50s4ever

I don't know if this has been written anywhere in the forum but I finally figured out how the sweepers work.
It has been my experience that sweepers in the Daily Sweeper category will play automatically in any track that has an intro that is longer than the sweeper. There does not seem to be any control over when the Daily Sweepers play if you have tracks with Intros in them.

However if you want to assign specific sweepers to specific songs Put them in the Nightly sweepers (or in my case, I created an "Other Sweepers" category). you can create whatever sweeper category you want. So far it has worked this way for me. It took me a long time to realize this.

tnz75

Indeed, it will work only if the intro is longer than the sweeper.
Voice Over is more efficient for artist liners, but for now we can't use them
by the same way as sweepers.
That's why I opened a request here: http://www.radiodj.ro/community/index.php?topic=7447.0 ;)

Marius

I will try to explain the sweeper logic: If a track is played with or without a sweeper is set ONLY in your rotation entries.

In each entry from your rotation you have a sweeper option (without one, on start, on intro, on end). Now let's say that you set your first entry to play with a sweeper and the program will generate the playlist.

When the first track is selected, because is set to play with a sweeper, it will first check if it has assigned sweepers. If it does, it will choose one from there, if not, it will choose one from the active sweeper category.

As a conclusion, the fact that you are assigning sweepers to tracks doesn't mean that you will override the rotation setting and whenever one of those tracks will play, will also have a sweeper. If the rotation entry which selects that track is set to play with a sweeper, it will have one.

DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Vanlen

Great explanation!  :)  Should be a sticky
Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

tnz75

Hi Marius,

Is it possible to have it working that way ?

Marius

tnz75, the sweeper and voicetrack are separate things. I cannot understand from where would you like to play a VT. You can assign only sweepers to tracks and even if i add the option to assign VT to tracks, don't you think that it would sound awful when whenever the track "X" is played to have the same VT?
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

tnz75

Quote from: Marius on July 11, 2015, 11:39:25 AM
tnz75, the sweeper and voicetrack are separate things. I cannot understand from where would you like to play a VT. You can assign only sweepers to tracks and even if i add the option to assign VT to tracks, don't you think that it would sound awful when whenever the track "X" is played to have the same VT?

In fact, that's the way we work for now 5 years (with direttore) and that sounds pretty good.
The sweeper (most often in our case, the radio punch line) is played to have his end fitting the intro of the track,
and of course, begins on the end of the previous track if necessary.
If I well understand, that's the way voiceovers works in rdj...
Give me few minutes, I will attach a sound sample, you will hear by yourself ;)

Here is the sample http://ovh.to/xu4at

50s4ever

Marius, by assigned sweepers do you mean what the program calls Available Daily sweepers?

Jhonny

What it is meant is that if there are one or more sweeper set in the edit track, they are used in a rotations, where you can point it on start, intro or end of the track, if there is no assigned sweepers to the track, it takes a sweeper of the set sweeper category,

if you set in the rotation sweeper ad the start, intro or end.

[Edit more}
In a event, you can also change the sweeper category at a time you like.

R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English