• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Latest .NET causing Errors

Started by joshuatree44, April 01, 2015, 03:13:09 AM

SnowHow

It has to be able to write to the xml file to save settings. If it won't do that, then there is a write permission issue somewhere.

Sorry, that's all I have now...  :(

Q: What version windows are you running anyway? I don't remember seeing that anywhere.

J-

joshuatree44

8.1 Windows I am trying again but it is not working still. Says it installs fine but that is it.

AndyDeGroo

Form Windows 7 onwards users are not allowed to write in "C:\Program Files\" (and "D:\Program Files (x86)\" on 64bit systems).
Since some encoder saves its configuration files in its directory ("C:\Program Files\A******t\some encoderstandalone_X.cfg") it can't do do that.
You can either reinstall some encoder outside "C:\Program Files\" or modify permissions for "C:\Program Files\A******t\" to allow your user writing files.

joshuatree44

Hmmmm Did not think about that.  :bash: Darn seasoned moments. Coming more and more these days. I also want to mention that I got the old high priced encoder working. I did as Marius suggested try from a fresh install and then add to things. I noticed that the Encoder from some encoder might have been an issue. But I am not going to say it is wrong as it was not. Snow How can only do so much and it truly works. I did not add back in the VAC that I had from TLS. I am now using the VAC that FL Coast posted and not an issue or even a think about stalling. I am able to use everything and it running like a champ.

When I read the article I posted I thought about the same things where it said you should not need to recompile or really change anything since it should all purpose work with what I have. So when you let the ol brain really work then you can fix things. But it would not have happened if I did not have the fine folks here.  :ok:

Quote from: AndyDeGroo on April 03, 2015, 11:41:37 AM
Form Windows 7 onwards users are not allowed to write in "C:\Program Files\" (and "D:\Program Files (x86)\" on 64bit systems).
Since some encoder saves its configuration files in its directory ("C:\Program Files\A******t\some encoderstandalone_X.cfg") it can't do do that.
You can either reinstall some encoder outside "C:\Program Files\" or modify permissions for "C:\Program Files\A******t\" to allow your user writing files.