• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v1.7.9 Released

Started by Marius, April 02, 2015, 10:03:29 AM

joshuatree44

I dont use either of the encoders that are built into RDJ just for that purpose. Yes they lag or stall as I called it. I use stand alone ones. And DNAS has never been an issue, if you are setting up the programs correctly. I used it on my previous server hosts and no issues.

Quote from: Nitrofish on April 15, 2015, 04:02:48 PM
I know it was only supposed to be a stop gap until the other encoder was updated by it's author, but I was wondering if you were going to update the encoder you coded? I like it better because it has a log, and some stats. Both it, and the other no longer function properly with the new SHOUTcast DNAS server version 2.4.7.256. It streams, but does not show stats or listener numbers any more. And if I reboot the computer, I have to recreate the encoder each time. Not because it is gone, but because it will not connect for some reason until I delete it, and recreate it.

The some encoder encoder makes RDJ lag. Your encoder does not. I would prefer to use your solution if possible?

Nitrofish

Quote from: joshuatree44 on April 16, 2015, 06:04:58 PM
I dont use either of the encoders that are built into RDJ just for that purpose. Yes they lag or stall as I called it. I use stand alone ones. And DNAS has never been an issue, if you are setting up the programs correctly. I used it on my previous server hosts and no issues.

What version of the SHOUTcast DNAS are you running? Before this latest upgrade you are right, there was no problem with the built in RDJ encoder, or the one Marius built while waiting for the other to be upgraded to work on 1.7.7.

The new DNAS is not having a problem, but the encoder is not reporting listener numbers anymore, and there is nothing different in the RDJ setup prior to changing the DNAS version, so I am not sure how you can assert with such certainty that it is a setup problem with RDJ, and not the new version of DNAS.

If I switch back to the old executable of DNAS on the server, and change nothing in RDJ the stats work fine. So it clearly is a change in the new version of DNAS.
RadioDJ v2.0.0.6 | MariaDB v10.5

AndyDeGroo

This issue comes from how Bass.Net library fetches the listener count. I discovered that it could not get listeners from latest IceCast KH builds, because it returns listneres XML elements in lowercase but Bass expects it capitalised and actually uses simple string operations instead of parsing the returned XML. It is most likely that latest SHOUTcast versions have changed the returned data as well.
Testing with SHOUTcast 2.4.7.256 and new encoder plugin by Marius shows that it is sending the password in URL "/admin.cgi?pass=hackme&mode=viewxml&sid=1". SHOUTcast doesn't like that and ignores HTTP authorization header, which is not actually sent by Bass for some strange reason.

Right now the only option would be to not use GetListeners methods from Bass.Net and to write custom code that can handle newest versions of streaming servers.

joshuatree44

see what I find odd is that my previous shoutcast host had the latest version of shoutcast V2 and I had no issues. Used it with both Marius's and Snow How encoders and had no issues. it showed the listeners for me in both of them. But I stopped using the encoder after I moved to my new PC and using different VAC. I know that it did no show the Icecast listeners. which is not an issue for me. I do know however that it did show the listeners for me. I just setup everything like is mentioned here and worked. must be a fluke but I know what did and did not work.

Nitrofish

Quote from: AndyDeGroo on April 17, 2015, 07:40:47 AM
This issue comes from how Bass.Net library fetches the listener count. I discovered that it could not get listeners from latest IceCast KH builds, because it returns listneres XML elements in lowercase but Bass expects it capitalised and actually uses simple string operations instead of parsing the returned XML. It is most likely that latest SHOUTcast versions have changed the returned data as well.
Testing with SHOUTcast 2.4.7.256 and new encoder plugin by Marius shows that it is sending the password in URL "/admin.cgi?pass=hackme&mode=viewxml&sid=1". SHOUTcast doesn't like that and ignores HTTP authorization header, which is not actually sent by Bass for some strange reason.

Right now the only option would be to not use GetListeners methods from Bass.Net and to write custom code that can handle newest versions of streaming servers.

Thanks so much for looking into that and providing a great explanation. So where do we go from here? I know many of you prefer to use stand alone encoders and believe choice is important. And while I agree to an extent, I think RDJ needs a native encoder just like SAM has, but then have the ability to allow for other encoding options if so desired.

Are there any plans for the developer of the Bass encoder to update his code to accommodate the new servers, or is it a wait and see kind of thing? I asked Marius if he was planning on continuing the development of the stop gap measures he took when it took a long time for the encoder to get updated when 1.7.7 was released, but he has not replied regarding my question.

Nitrofish

Quote from: joshuatree44 on April 17, 2015, 03:19:36 PM
see what I find odd is that my previous shoutcast host had the latest version of shoutcast V2 and I had no issues. Used it with both Marius's and Snow How encoders and had no issues. it showed the listeners for me in both of them. But I stopped using the encoder after I moved to my new PC and using different VAC. I know that it did no show the Icecast listeners. which is not an issue for me. I do know however that it did show the listeners for me. I just setup everything like is mentioned here and worked. must be a fluke but I know what did and did not work.

For the record. The 2.47.256 release has only been out a few weeks now. Are you sure your host was running 2.4.7.256?

DJ Garybaldy

I too would like to see Marius develop the RadioDJ streaming plugin a bit further.

(No offence to SnowHow & some encoder but it's now my main streaming plugin)

I never had this sort of stability with encoders with "Other" software I know that much.

When streaming is this easy life is a lot better. No stress!
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

DJ Garybaldy

Just spotted a minor bug in track editor (I Think) It's not updating the artists after i click save.

I went to change the artist from "Pepsi And Shirlie" To Pepsi & Shirlie about 30 minutes after I'd changed the name of the artist.

A song by them played again (ignoring repeat rules) with it still saying "Pepsi And Shirlie" in the deck.

I don't know if this has already been report it just doesn't seem to be syncing somewhere.

I meant to grab a screenshot but didn't spot it early enough  :bash: Is this connected to the issue with Cue editor?

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

djjosevillalobos

Quote from: DJ Garybaldy on April 18, 2015, 06:47:11 PM
Just spotted a minor bug in track editor (I Think) It's not updating the artists after i click save.

I went to change the artist from "Pepsi And Shirlie" To Pepsi & Shirlie about 30 minutes after I'd changed the name of the artist.

A song by them played again (ignoring repeat rules) with it still saying "Pepsi And Shirlie" in the deck.

I don't know if this has already been report it just doesn't seem to be syncing somewhere.

I meant to grab a screenshot but didn't spot it early enough  :bash: Is this connected to the issue with Cue editor?

actually this version has problems with random rotation of hope for the correct 1.7.6 is the best ever but just skips 15%

joshuatree44

I have noticed the artists are having issues here. I have the setup that I have mentioned before but it is still skipping that at times for some reason. Like on my rock station I have Five Finger Death Punch and Five Finger Death Punch ft Rob Halford. And it is seeing it as 2 different things and not with the same artists in the 5FDP. Or I have Korn with several artists. And Korn by itself. it sees them as 2 different and not with the same artists.

plauri

I upgraded using Method 2 from 1.7.6 first to 1.7.7 (doing db upgrade) then to 1.7.8 and in the end to 1.7.9. Everything went on smootly. I'm using Win 7 64bit. Thanks Marius  :)
Funky Corner Radio
Radiodj v.2.0.4.5 (Windows 10)
http://www.funkycorner.radio
https://www.funkycorner.it
http://www.radiofunkycorner.com

ruvo80

As Marius noticed in his anouncement for the new update:

"i don't recommend you to load a single file for 24h, because it will slow down the program. Instead you can split in 2 or 4 pieces (2x12h or 4x6h) and make use of the hour mask to load them."

Now i agree it is easier to make several playlists to load for one day. But if I make 4 playlists for each day, how should I name the files and make sure the right playlist will load on the right time?
I know this question maybe not belongs in this conversation but it is a thing that keeps me busy for a while now. I am thinking of making seperate playlists for each show so everytime a new show starts the DJ in function only see what will be going on in his hour(s)
I hope someone can help me with this.
The power of music

DJ Garybaldy

Quote from: ruvo80 on April 20, 2015, 06:39:45 PM
As Marius noticed in his anouncement for the new update:

"i don't recommend you to load a single file for 24h, because it will slow down the program. Instead you can split in 2 or 4 pieces (2x12h or 4x6h) and make use of the hour mask to load them."

Now i agree it is easier to make several playlists to load for one day. But if I make 4 playlists for each day, how should I name the files and make sure the right playlist will load on the right time?
I know this question maybe not belongs in this conversation but it is a thing that keeps me busy for a while now. I am thinking of making seperate playlists for each show so everytime a new show starts the DJ in function only see what will be going on in his hour(s)
I hope someone can help me with this.

You make an event to load the playlist at the Top or bottom of the playlist at the time/day you want it to fire off