• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

HELP IN EVENTS

Started by adrinto, April 28, 2015, 08:07:42 PM

adrinto

Someone to explain to me the events which function : OTHERS -Run Application and Launch Internet Link and also Seconds To Wait mainly this refers to waiting for what. ?
I'm grateful

joshuatree44

Have you tried them? Seriously they do what it says it does. Give them a shot. Try and use them. But really search the forum before posting as there is a lot of the answers already out there for these questions.

adrinto

Quote from: joshuatree44 on April 28, 2015, 08:15:10 PM
Have you tried them? Seriously they do what it says it does. Give them a shot. Try and use them. But really search the forum before posting as there is a lot of the answers already out there for these questions.

Thank you friend searched but not found . It is logical that if he had found something would not have asked the question

joshuatree44

Come on really? This place goes back to 2014 or farther. I think it just takes some time to look around and search. I would also try and do things.

adrinto

It is alleged in a forum people help each other to exchange ideas and improve the community.
I'm grateful

Marius

Run Application: will start an application with the possibility to pass arguments.
Launch Internet Link: Will open the provided link into the default web browser.
Seconds To Wait: It will wait for the amount of time you've set before launching the next action from the event.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

adrinto

Quote from: Marius on April 28, 2015, 08:52:33 PM
Run Application: will start an application with the possibility to pass arguments.
Launch Internet Link: Will open the provided link into the default web browser.
Seconds To Wait: It will wait for the amount of time you've set before launching the next action from the event.

THANK MARIUS as always tireless and always attentive
Thank you :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

adrinto

Marius help me here with one thing when he put the event to read the news podcast he stands a few seconds to start the podcast read but do not know where how does one go it does not at least so long can explain with an example the event as I do ??

joshuatree44

Sorry, but that is the answer I would tell anyone. It maybe harsh, as I see you negatived karma me, but it does hamper the community in helping people with the same questions over and over. Marius was kind enough to answer it but, again, it just goes to show you that a little footwork and using the search would benefit anyone. I have had to do it a few times. Only time I will post for help if I cant find it. But I usually will ask Jhonny or one of the other admins first since I might remember something but not everything.

Quote from: adrinto on April 28, 2015, 08:50:34 PM
It is alleged in a forum people help each other to exchange ideas and improve the community.
I'm grateful

AndyDeGroo

@joshuatree44 3 posts, 890 characters in total, yet you've proven nothing and helped no one.
Marius spent way less characters (113, to be exact) and time by answering OP's question.

No flame intended, but that is exactly the reason you get negative karma.

Sorry for offtopicing.

Jhonny

Quote from: adrinto on April 28, 2015, 08:07:42 PM
Someone to explain to me the events which function : OTHERS -Run Application and Launch Internet Link and also Seconds To Wait mainly this refers to waiting for what. ?
I'm grateful

You mean this part for an event rule?

Think it's so.

Small explanation how I use it:
Run Application:

I'll start an .exe program, I made in order to change the file NowPlaying.xml.
There is the line, <tts> Well, it's a beautiful weather outside and you are still listening to our station! That's great! Now, you are listening to, $ $ artist, with, $ title $! </ Tts>
To
<tts> Well, this morning, it's a beautiful weather outside and you are still listening to our station! That's great! Now, you are listening to, $ $ artist, with, $ title $! </ Tts>

Launch Internet Link:
I use it to start a podcast from another station, this can be a conversation or a show.

Seconds To Wait:
I use it to gif rdj the time to download an mp3, and calculate where the start, next and end is.

Hope this is what you meant.

R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

adrinto

thank Jhonny
I will send a PM to you