Author Topic: Exporting Metadata for Syndicated Show  (Read 1578 times)

apdc

• New User

• AthensPop.com
Exporting Metadata for Syndicated Show
« on: May 10, 2015, 12:55:45 AM »
Hi All,

I recently moved over to Radionomy from StreamLicensing to license my music airplay. The only issue I have is that I need to send my metadata tags (Artist - Title) all the time, even for syndicated shows. With StreamLicensing, I could just upload a spreadsheet with that info on it. But on Radionomy, that option does not exist.

The show I'm playing is an hour long mix show that has about 20 songs. I have an advanced copy of the playlist for before the show airs, and I'm hoping there's some why to automatically have RadioDJ send these songs in the Now Playing Info. They don't need to match up with the show, but if there's a way for them to go out every minute or so, just so Radionomy gets a hold of them, that would be wonderful.

Does anyone know how this could be done? Sorry for the confusing explanation!

Jesse

Marius

• Administrator

• Radio DJ
Re: Exporting Metadata for Syndicated Show
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 09:41:46 AM »
Can you post a sample spreadsheet to see if i can implement it?
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

apdc

• New User

• AthensPop.com
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 02:23:36 PM »
Can you post a sample spreadsheet to see if i can implement it?

Sure, I would submit this .CSV file: http://athenspop.com/rdjfile to StreamLicensing each time I aired the program. The album name is not important for Radionomy, but StreamLicensing needed to have it.

Marius

• Administrator

• Radio DJ
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 03:09:05 PM »
Actually i was more interested by the timing format, which is not included in your example.
The easiest way for me to implement it would be to have the first column in seconds, something like:

Code: [Select]
[Time],[Artist Name],[Song Title],[Album Name]
0, Taylor Swift,Blank Space,1989
194, Divine Inspiration,The Way,The Way

So, when the audio file reaches the 194 second, the title would change to the second line.

Is it ok?
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

apdc

• New User

• AthensPop.com
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 08:28:17 PM »
Actually i was more interested by the timing format, which is not included in your example.
The easiest way for me to implement it would be to have the first column in seconds, something like:

Code: [Select]
[Time],[Artist Name],[Song Title],[Album Name]
0, Taylor Swift,Blank Space,1989
194, Divine Inspiration,The Way,The Way

So, when the audio file reaches the 194 second, the title would change to the second line.

Is it ok?

Ok, that makes sense. Do you know of any way I can have RadioDJ use a file like that as the "Now Playing" info automatically through the event scheduler?