• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v1.8.1 Released!

Started by Marius, May 10, 2015, 11:31:04 AM

country101

OK Issues have come up with this version. One the backup of the Database is not working for me. It just sits there and smiles at me. I have to use Workbench to backup the database. Also, the settings_artists.txt file is being ignored for some reason. As I have artists repeating all over the place. I have tried with a complete reinstall from basic settings but still the issues continue. so I will place this issue to you all on what to do to fix.

Fabbbio

I don't remember in the older version but with 1.8.1 I'm testing main loop button from shortcut or by mouse selection and via shortcut the loop button is red but not looping and go to next track, if I select loop by mouse it's ok

nonstopradio

Hello All!!!

I have a problem. I installed the version 1.8.1 but when I start RadioDJ, it does not start playing automatically (when I have switched on the function to play after start the program).

The same issue is, when there is loaded a rotation by an event (rotation loads normally and starts to play), when there is the last song, the rotation does not repeat itself = does not load any next tracks.

My previous version was 1.7.4 and there is no problem. It plays after start and it loads next songs after a rotation is playing the last one (or before last).

Is it a bug or I do something wrong?

Thank you!

Marius

nonstopradio, is this a new install?
Did you checked for invalid/disabled tracks?
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Fabbbio

Something strange also for me.
My situation is one PC with rdj181 and sql+audio on a NAS that run 24h, yesterday I installed on my laptop the new rdj181 with connection to main sql_db and everything ok but without starting default rotation, this morning I run rdj of my laptop and when I try to add songs to playlist it disable the song, and ethis appen for every track that I try to add.

The db is not a fresh install but I have upgraded it when I installed rdj 1.7.9 on main pc.

Fabbbio

I solved was mine mistake. My shared audio folder on laptop was down, so when rdj can't access the track it disable... 

nonstopradio

Marius,

it is a fresh install of 1.8.1 but database is upgraded from 1.7.4. I have enough enabled tracks. When I play manually or when I wait for an event, it starts playing.

Problem is after start of Radiodj that the Default rotation doe not load anything and also during the automatic plaing when the last track from the playlist is played, there are not loaded next tracks automatically again. Of course I have enabled automatic mode and autoDJ (both icons are green).

Thank you

Jhonny

Have you updated the database from 1.7.4 to 1.7.6 and from 1.7.6 to 1.7.7 ?

If so, use relocate tracks.
And in the Track manager on the tab show all, select show disabeled, so you can see if ther are tracks disabeled.
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

nonstopradio

Yes I upgraded the database using the SQL job "1.7.7 UPDATE FROM  1.7.6.sql" from the settings folder.
There is lot of tracks enabled. When I play manually, it is normally playing. It is working also whn an event occurs (every hour) and clear the playlist and loads a rotation.

The only problem thing is to start playing automatically, when the program starts and also automatic adding tracks to the playlist, using the rotation (both is probably caused by one problem or bug).  In the version 1.7.4 it worked normally. It should work the same way, because there is the same database (only upgraded). The installation of 1.8.1 is clear, I unzipped the installation package downloaded from here and made no change in it's files. I thicked the switch for automatic playing on start, in the settings of RadioDJ. I tried the same on 2 different computers and it is still the same.

Jhonny

Get a error by importing with allow duplicates.

Import a map in subcat 60s is ok.
Reimported the map in subcat 70s get import error.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

Jhonny

would it be possible that there is some explanation of how to use this?
Is it RDJ or database server?  :angel:

I'm lost :bash: 

FreerunMedia

Marius, i am more than happy with this version! After i installed v1.7.8 that was running 24/7 a couple of months with no problems, i installed the update in 10! minutes. After the 10 minutes, started the new and improved v1.8.1 and it was up and running in no time.

Very glad to find a cue button ( wrong pop up name though, but it works!) and tested that one. playout still running on the Delta 1010 output 1 and 2, the on board soundcards started the cued track! GREAT!

Even more impressed when i find the wait option! That is what i am going to try for the events and silence detection. If that works i let you know. Maybe one more request but i don't know if that is your hand. Is it possible to put in an assigned button on the gamepad pligin for this new Cue button? That way when i press the cue on the Eela SBM90, it wil start the first cued track in the list.

I also introduced the RadioDJ software to the station were i work and they use 4 editions v1.7.6 as a silence/nonstop playout and working 24/7 for at this moment, 93 days in a row with no reboot.

To give some numbers:
P4 at 3gHz ht
2gb internal memory
40gb c drive
1tb data drive
Windows XP pro 32 bit SP3 ( yes for real! )
Running MySQL, 4 editions RadioDJ v1.7.6 for 4 channels on air and cable, a nettime program to keep the time right, a silence logger and with all this and a rotation on all editions, clearing and reloading playlists every hour running at 15% processor during play and 90% at TOTH

GREAT JOB!
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

wrm

Marius,

RadioDJv1.8.1 is extremely stable ! Thank You !

Bill