• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Events not playing?

Started by charmingnathan, May 14, 2015, 11:07:41 PM

charmingnathan

Hello,

I am new to and trialling RadioDJ at the moment, so am sure this is something I've done - or not - incorrectly.

I believe I have setup the events to play Station I.D.'s at 10, 20, 40, and 50 minutes in the hour.

I have also setup Rotation to play random music.

However, if there is a song playing when an event/I.D. is due to play, it flashes for a minute or two and then disappears.

Is there anyway I can introduce a delay for the I.D. so it will wait until the song has finished playing?

I have got RadioDJ in Automation and Assisted (two green buttons near the top) mode for the random song playing.

Thanks for your help.

fuzzyfaraway

There are a couple of things that might be happening. If the ID track cannot be found, or if it is disabled, the event will fire as scheduled, but nothing will be added to your playlist.

The other thing that you want to be sure you're doing is that the ID is getting inserted at the TOP of the playlist so that it will play immediately following the currently playing song.

I use this method for my LPFM station's top-of-the-hour ID- it loads the ID to the top of the playlist at 58:30. That means the ID could play any time between 58:30 and about 00:04, depending on how long the current song is.

John T

[attachment deleted by admin]
Christian radio for contemporary adults!
Streaming 24/7 from keptfm.com or get the KEPT FM app for your iOS or Android device!

charmingnathan

Hello John T,

Thanks very much for that helpful post.

I believe the first requirement you mention is being met as the Station I.D. is flashing down the bottom right-of-centre of the front panel, and even has a countdown timer which flashes when it gets near the time it should be played.

I am currently using ZaraRadio, and within that there is (literally) a tick box option where you can not only insert a delay but the length of the delay - which is anything up to 10 minutes.

As the station plays Alternative Music, this is especially handy as I have songs that are everything from 0.30 to 10.00 long.

I am sure RadioDJ has this feature, or an equivalent, but it doesn't seem to be within the Events Section, where you can only insert the time that you want the I.D. to be played at/from.

My instinct is that you cannot do this with RadioDJ in automation/random playout mode, but I am hoping I am wrong!

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers,

Nathan.

AndyDeGroo

Hi Nathan,

It's hard to suggest anything without knowing exact event actions you are using. Could you post a screenshot of the event like John did?

charmingnathan

Hi Andy,

Yes I can, and have trie to, but I am not sure exactly how useful it will be, as it shows (apart from the obvious) exactly the same setup as John's, but thanks for trying to help anyway!  :)

http://www.strangefruitradio.net/Events.JPG

Nathan.

DJ Garybaldy

Quote from: charmingnathan on May 15, 2015, 04:47:10 PM
Hi Andy,

Yes I can, and have trie to, but I am not sure exactly how useful it will be, as it shows (apart from the obvious) exactly the same setup as John's, but thanks for trying to help anyway!  :)

Unfortunately everytime I try and upload an attachment, your forum says it is too large - even at 64k?  >:( :(

Nathan.

Try hosting the image on an external server such as a blog and share the link to said picture using the insert image button at the top of the reply box.
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

charmingnathan

Quote from: DJ Garybaldy on May 15, 2015, 04:57:04 PM
Try hosting the image on an external server such as a blog and share the link to said picture using the insert image button at the top of the reply box.

Thanks for that suggestion!

http://www.strangefruitradio.net/Events.JPG

Jhonny

Hoi,
Having seen your photos.
Have you tried to put play behind it.
Just a fool in the ring.
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

charmingnathan

Hi Jhonny,

I don't say any word play on that particular display?

Cheers.

Jhonny

Oops,
Verry sorry.
Quote from: Jhonny on May 15, 2015, 08:23:07 PM
Just a fool in the ring.

After reading back, may overcome As insulting.  :bash:

so meaning, I'm the fool in the ring.
Actually i say, have thought of that.
my apology
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

charmingnathan

Hello Jhonny,

I really didn't know what you meant at all!!!  ;D

Anyhow, the 'problem' was not a problem, but down to my lack of experience, plus viewing the RadioDJ interface through Virtual Box AND TigerVNC!

With ZaraRadio, it 'holds' an event when a song is being played at the time the event should be, however when I said it 'disappeared' from bottom-right-centre of RadioDJ, it was actualy re-appearing at the top of the playlist/items to be played, so 'my bad' as they say in the States!  :P

However, a further related question:  When one sets up many events and they are listed within the events section, how can one edit those further away from the present time? For example, if I set a lot of events on Monday, which fills the events order screen, then set events up for a Saturday, how can I edit that one on a Saturday, as there's not enough room for it to fit in on the events screen?

Thanks for your help.

Jhonny

Humor in language may be different, so I thought maybe it could be insulting what I wrote in the line "Just a fool in the ring"  :bash: I referred to myself, as a simple comment.

But maybe it works for you, if you design events, special ones for days or hours, with the rule by day and hour, and select the day and hour.

When you open the event window and double-click on the event you can change the event.

charmingnathan

Hello Jhonny,

Thanks for your reply, humour, and the explanation. 8)

I realise that one can edit events by double-clicking on them, but if you have a lot of events, they eventually fill the screen and you cannot access those in the future, i.e. that should be lower down the screen.

For example, if the day is a Monday, I cannot 'see' the events I have created for the weekend, simply because those for the week fill the screen.

Does that make better sense? ???