• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v1.8.2 Released!

Started by Marius, June 26, 2015, 10:46:57 AM

KXOL1660AM

Hello,

I have had an issue since 1.7.x (pre-1.7.7) and finally updated to 1.8.2, including the 1.7.7 database update, and I am still having the top 3 sound card entries showing up as blank, despite having worked in previous versions fine.

I started a new thread in the 1.7+ forum, and haven't had a chance to read if anything has been posted there...

More details here:  Since the top 3 drop boxes ALWAYS start out blank if i close and restart RDJ, and I get an unhandled exception if i drop the boxes and select the only enabled sound card channels and then select close or Cancel buttons, but not the red X window close button, I wonder what changed after RDJ 1.7.2?

Now I have an additional problem after updating to RDJ 1.8.2 :  The some encoder plugin doesn't show up or function now.

I don't see it in the Options Plugins menu for some encoder now, and I see Notes and Online Requests now showing up on the right side of the main RDJ window.

I really hope I don't have to do a fresh install.. I backed up the database, backed up all of the XML files in the root and plugins folder, and even tried restoring the plugins folder set.  I never updated the XML files in the root folder because instructions said not to.

My biggest reason for not wanting to do a fresh install AGAIN, after migration to Windows 7 64 bit, is because this machine is used for a real 100KW FM station, and we have about 5500 songs in about 30 categories and at least 25 genres, and it is already scheduled and autodj works PERFECT.

RE: unhandled exception when selecting soundcard and channel :  The way around it is to allow the exception, select continue, then the ONLY way to have the setting stick for just the current session is to use the window X button (after the exception and choosing continue)... however I don't get why upon restarting RDJ the first 3 sound card and channel options are blank again.  For some reason the settings don't survive restarting RDJ.

For the record, the sound card is an Audio Science ASI-5644 with all auxilliary channels disabled in windows (only makes it easier to select channel pair 1), and the onboard sound disabled as well.

It worked previous to the update to 1.7+ versions without any problems except the rotation stopped one category in Nov 2014 out of 3 categories selected in a pattern.  (New Music, Heavy rotation, Classic, Liner, New Music, Classic, Liner) where repeat rules are on for everything but liners (60 liners) and Repeat rules are 1 hour for artist and 2 hours for song, with plenty of music in each category.  No category has under 250 songs, which guarantees there is enough New Music that most won't repeat more than 2x a day. (which means no song should be unable to be scheduled as Least Recently Played with repeat rules enabled)

For the record, some of the liners do repeat at random times, but they are only set as random scheduled, which is understandable.  Wish I could have a single category (Liners) that have different repeat rules, specifically a shorter 15 minute no repeat rule... but I understand Marius is busy enough with more important things.

The upgrade to 1.8.2 FIXED the broken Category not ever scheduling since November 2014, even after resetting playcounts and priority and selecting Repair Database.

The only things I care about now are the some encoder plugin and RDJ remembering my selection of soundcard and channel.

Right now if a forced Windows Update causes a reboot RDJ comes back up inoperable telling me there is no sound card selected... and I have to log in remotely to do the temporary fix of changing settings, hitting continue after the exception, then using the Red close X on the settings window... good until the next reboot or restart of RDJ.

I need to replace a couple batteries in the UPS for that system... (caused 2 reboots in the last 6 months while I was out of the area)

Thankfully I have Team Viewer on the system, and on my phone, so I can fix it fairly fast when it happens.

RE: Silence detector / auto switch  :   I have one too, but I haven't made the cable for the backup RDJ machine that has an unbalanced output But I do use it's alarm output to trigger the telemetry to email me instantly after 4 seconds of silence.  Going to make that cable tomorrow, or use a Henry Matchbox to convert to balanced audio.

Marius:  I wanted to specifically thank you for all you have done, and especially for the new layout.  Looks really nice, works, and is easier to use than the old one that had big buttons everywhere.  We have Audio Vault @ $8,500, and I still prefer RDJ on the same exact hardware/OS. (Yes, I did disable Audio Vault 100%, including it's watchdog, and all was golden until I updated past 1.6.x)

Not sure what changed... I did have 1.7.4 installed, and at least the some encoder plugin worked flawlessly, even if there was an issue with it not scheduling the New Music category. (I used Events to insert them 4x an hour once I realized the Rotation wasn't working right, and that was a workable patch)

Now I have Rotations working without me changing anything, and some encoder isn't working or showing up... oh well, I can use BUTT externally.

I am off to see what, if anything, was posted in reply to my previous thread in the 1.7+ forum.

Still happier with RDJ than so called REAL Radio Automation systems like Simian or Audio Vault (FLEX / Espresso)...

I love this forum, the software, and how much better we sound than all of the competition (in regards to 1/3 second cross fading, and no dead air when RDJ is on duty).

I have had to manually set fade points on very very few songs.  On less songs than on Audio Vault, and it is easier to do in RDJ.

So much for a "Quick Reply!"

(Edit because reading http://www.radiodj.ro/community/index.php?topic=7703.0  solved my issue. All UPGRADE instructions should reference when one also needs to update their some encoder portion, because instructions say noting about also requiring new files not packaged with newer versions of RDJ -  DJGaryBaldy: I hope in the future when an upgrade of RDJ requires a new some encoder plugin that you will remind Marius to add something to the upgrade instructions referencing either a link to your newest article and download links, or actual instructions. BTW: What stops Marius from also hosting links to the latest required some encoder instructions on your site? (links, not the actual files))

Marius

That's weird. No one reported yet that the sound cards are not visible. Other programs are listing the soundcards correctly?
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

country101

OK something odd happened to me the other day, IE last week. I have had RDJ running 24/7 with no reboots other than Windows Updates. But otherwise it has been perfect. Then I got this integer or something like that error. Would not load any of the plugins at all. Would not even load the DB. I wish I could have gotten a screen cap of the error. So I had to reinstall RDJ and then it worked, but then mysql DB completely crashed. So I could not access anything or save anything. Thank God I had backups to load. If not would have been a few long long days. So not sure what the heck happened but figured I should post before I forgot what it all was.

FreerunMedia

This sounds like a "security" issue. Windows 7 is more advanced with security settings and i can imagine that when Windows have some updates, it could reset some of the passwords saved in Windows. Then it could happen that when at first something works and suddely it stops because it can't acces because the password or read and write rights are changed.

This is why i don't do updates very often and when i do, i make sure to have everything backuped so when something happens, i can put an image back and reload the DBase backup.

What you can try is see if all the plugins are there and see what the "rights" are. If it is read only, change them back to full rights. Same goes up for the database, check what files the database needs and change it to full rights. See what the rights are of the RadioDJ folder and change that to full rights. It might work but my experience was that it sometimes doesn't work. Than i did a reinstall of the RadioDJ and the database entry and imported the DBase backup back into the database.

I hope it works for you.
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

Brodephat

Quote from: FreerunMedia on October 18, 2015, 04:52:30 PM
This sounds like a "security" issue. Windows 7 is more advanced with security settings and i can imagine that when Windows have some updates, it could reset some of the passwords saved in Windows. Then it could happen that when at first something works and suddely it stops because it can't acces because the password or read and write rights are changed.

This is why i don't do updates very often and when i do, i make sure to have everything backuped so when something happens, i can put an image back and reload the DBase backup.

What you can try is see if all the plugins are there and see what the "rights" are. If it is read only, change them back to full rights. Same goes up for the database, check what files the database needs and change it to full rights. See what the rights are of the RadioDJ folder and change that to full rights. It might work but my experience was that it sometimes doesn't work. Than i did a reinstall of the RadioDJ and the database entry and imported the DBase backup back into the database.

I hope it works for you.

So true, that's why my RadioDJ folder is on another drive other than the C drive.

"Think Outside The Box And Make Something Truly Wonderful Happen"

Youtube Channel: https://bit.ly/3fGBsKJ

My RadioDJ Stations:
NiaRadioNetwork.com
RealPeopleTalkRadio.com
TheTriadComeUp.com

Radio Imaging & Tools:
CarterScripts.com

Free RDJ Videos:
HowToUseRadioDJ.com

country101

See I had it on another HD but it has been burping far to much for my liking. So I deleted mysql and all of its ilk. Now I have mariaDB running. So far so good, but time will tell. I dont want it on my main drive but if it works then it is fine. Not going to keep beating up a good program like RDJ.

Radio959

When using Track rotations , I'm unable to edit sweeper option, it's always set on disable. I saw on you tube some users are able to select or deselect the sweeper option in track rotations.
Is there somebody who can give me an advice.

kind regards

Jhonny

Quote from: Radio959 on October 24, 2015, 02:37:25 PM
When using Track rotations , I'm unable to edit sweeper option, it's always set on disable. I saw on you tube some users are able to select or deselect the sweeper option in track rotations.
Is there somebody who can give me an advice.

kind regards

Can this help?

Rotaions
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

Radio959

Many thx you must first Create a New rotation to make a selection start intro end  now  it works

Radio959

I am using the focusrite 18i20 usb multichannel soundcard This card support wdm and  asio drivers  so far so good but I am unable to select the other output channels because of the number of channel limit in their wdm driver, in the asio driver you can select all channels but in radiodj I am unable to select asio settings, selecting front, rear or center speakers in radiodj soundcard option wont help

Can somebody help me with this

kevinlee

Greetings
Im running v1.7.6 and I would like to upgrade to the latest version. per your instructions I would have to get v1.7.7 then upgrade to the latest version but I cant seem to find a download for version 1.7.7.  Can you point me in the right direction please and thank you!

Kevinlee   

Valdis

Quote from: kevinlee on November 16, 2015, 06:21:33 AM
Im running v1.7.6 and I would like to upgrade to the latest version. per your instructions I would have to get v1.7.7 then upgrade to the latest version but I cant seem to find a download for version 1.7.7.  Can you point me in the right direction please and thank you!
No, you don't need to download version 1.7.7. All database upgrade files are included in 1.8.2 zip file. Look in "RadioDJ\Setup\Sql\" folder. The file you need is named "1.7.7 UPDATE FROM  1.7.6.sql".
I am, therefore I think.
I design and develop web apps, and have created few RadioDJ plugins - https://axellence.lv/downloads/

kevinlee

Greetings
I have version 1.7.6 and im trying to get to the newest 1.8.2  I have tried to do this first as stated in the forum on version 1.7.7

B. DATABASE UPDATE PROCEDURE

Backup your database before anything!

1. Open "Database Setup.exe" (located in Setup folder);
    2. Select "Database Utils" tab and press "SELECT UPDATE FILE" button;
    3. Select "1.7.7 UPDATE FROM  1.7.6.sql" from Sql folder. (Usually: RadioDJ\Setup\Sql);
    4. Confirm the action and you're done.

WHEN I DO THAT AND GO TO UPDATE THIS IS WHAT I GET.

1.6.5.8 RC7 - UPDATE FROM RC4 AND OLDER.sql
1.6.5.8 RC7 - UPDATE FROM RC4 AND OLDER.sql
database.sql

THERE IS NO OPTION TO APPLY AN UDATE FROM 1.7.6 TO 1.7.7

HOW CAN I UPDATE  from v1.7.6 to v1.8.2  I cant seem to figure that out.  Thank you kindly for your help

Jhonny

Do not you see the file 1.7.7 UPDATE FROM 1.7.6.sql?

R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

kevinlee

Johnny forgive me. I realize I have two postings asking the same question. I had forgotten about the first post and so I didn't see you answering me the first time.  So oblivious to that I posted it again and so now I see the solution so I will go do the update now.  Thank you so kindly for your help I greatly appreciate it