Author Topic: 1.8.2... Can't back up database  (Read 1348 times)

gocastradio

• New User

• GoCast
1.8.2... Can't back up database
« on: August 15, 2015, 03:28:34 AM »
I have been trying to backup the database after updating it from an older version.  I have the new database loaded, however it will not backup.  I hit the backup database button in the database utility and it just sits there.  What I do notice is that the settings_database xml does update, however in the past the backup from the sql dump would show up in the Backup folder.  I am running windows 8 and MySQL 5.6.  Does anyone have suggestions as to why it would be doing this?  Also note, I am running it as an administrator. 
BT

Marius

• Administrator

• Radio DJ
Re: 1.8.2... Can't back up database
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 07:40:31 AM »
Please check if the backup path is set in database setup utility.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

gocastradio

• New User

• GoCast
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 08:06:22 PM »
Yes it is... that is the first think I checked. 
BT

AndyDeGroo

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 08:43:08 PM »
Yes it is... that is the first think I checked.
Is it writeable? e.g. not in "C:/Program Files/", "C:/Program Files (x86)/" or straight in top level of a system drive. Since Windows Vista users are not allowed to create files in system drive root.

gocastradio

• New User

• GoCast
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 09:22:54 PM »
Yes, it is writable.  I also installed 1.7.3 in the same location C:/Program File (86) and it backups just fine.  I then copy the backup dump to the 8.2 file backup and restore database then works just fine in 8.2.  I would rather just use 8.2 and back up out of there as I like the features it offers.  Any other suggestions?  Like I said it just stalls and sits there (8.2) when I update. 
BT

AndyDeGroo

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 10:57:52 PM »
I would rather just use 8.2 and back up out of there as I like the features it offers.
Are you talking about features of Radio DJ or Database Setup? The latter hasn't changed much for a while. Why don't you use the one that came with RadioDJ 1.7.3 if it works?

You should really move RadioDJ outside Program Files as has been suggested many times all over the forums, including all installation instructions.