• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

GPI/GPO RS232 or UDP Commands

Started by groyii1234, August 18, 2015, 02:18:25 AM

groyii1234

I am a big fan of radio automation software and have supported a few great ones. I am also a programmer. I have read through the forums looing for GPI/GPO functions for this software to allow remote control using contact closures. I have Broadcast tools GPI-24 (outputs HEX rs232) I'd like to use it to control the Radio DJ software. Is there or will there be a setting (ini file) for custom start stop triggers? I once had to build a program to delay RDS data and built custom import filters. I did the same for remote start for Adobe audition. This same process could be used here. Play=<useresettext> This would cover most consoles and they provide some sort of data. Here is an example of what I did.

I created variables for the required functions. then loaded the information from an XML file. Any thought to this being a possibility?

groyii1234

OK after looking around for something else for another application I thought about what I wanted some more. I had an application I used for Adobe Audition to translate a UPD command to a MIDI command. I mentioned this before <facepalm>ME</facepalm>. I already had my solution. I just need to update the program to allow user defined triggers. At that point ANY external contact closure could control RadioDJ thanks to the MIDI plugin. I'm using a software MIDI interface. I will provide the name if the forum admin permits. I will also share the software I make too if allowed (free). Yes there is a slight delay in the translation it's about 100ms.

SmileX

I believe as long its free and there are no restrictions on there you can post it here, i would also like to know how you made this possible :)

DJ Garybaldy

QuoteI will provide the name if the forum admin permits. I will also share the software I make too if allowed (free).

You can name another piece of software and place a link to the website on this forum we don't mind. We're not strict like certain other forums on that score.
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

groyii1234

Good to know. I was looking at making this a plugin but the don't see a tool kit for making plugins for RadioDJ. Is there one?

groyii1234

Quote from: SmileX on August 31, 2015, 10:26:46 AM
I believe as long its free and there are no restrictions on there you can post it here, i would also like to know how you made this possible :)

Currently I built a stand alone app using carlsmiditranslator.dll (link will be giving when I find it) that looked for data on a rs232 port or a udp port. I like UDP, easier to program. Based on the data receive I sent a midi command. The application I wanted to control let me program the midi command so I made my program send that command. I had also install a virtual MIDI device as the midi controller. I am using LoopBe1 (http://www.nerds.de/).

Looks like there are 50+ commands that can be assigned MIDI commands. Give me a bit and I'll adjust my code. I'd like to build it as a plugin rather than a standalone app. Please give me a bit of time.

SmileX

There is indeed no toolkit for RadioDJ @ this moment, dont know if Marius on planning on this but the most are writing it in C#.Net i believe

AndyDeGroo

Quote from: SmileX on September 01, 2015, 07:49:06 AM
There is indeed no toolkit for RadioDJ @ this moment, dont know if Marius on planning on this but the most are writing it in C#.Net i believe

You are correct that there is no toolkit, but it is possible to write plugins using available PluginInterface to add functionality. In fact, most parts of RadioDJ are plugins, To name few - Track Manager, Search, Playlist (queue), Aux players, Utilities.
There are also plugins created by other. Plugin Record, A******t encoder and Shoutcast DSP plugins by SnowHow.
There is one my me too - FolderLoader. And an improved web export plugin is in the works.

groyii1234

Just giving an update. The program is almost done. Testing here has gone well. Once I create the documentation I'll post a link.

SmileX