Author Topic: questions about running multiple stations  (Read 1113 times)

heartradiousa

• Heart Radio USA
questions about running multiple stations
« on: August 27, 2015, 08:34:03 PM »
can i run multiple stations from the same database or is this not possible?

i have a direct attached storage system can i run multiple mp3 feeds from the same drive or do i need to set up different drives they would all have separate operating folders on the same drive?
Nick DeFosset
GM/IT Operations
Heart Radio USA
www.heartradiousa.org
"The Station That Just Dosen't Play Your Grandmas Church Music"

DJ Garybaldy

• Global Moderator

• Personal Text
    Don't Shoot! I'm only the Moderator
    • DJ Garybaldy Blog
Re: questions about running multiple stations
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 12:26:09 PM »
can i run multiple stations from the same database or is this not possible?

Not from the same database no.

Each station will need it's own database and own instance of RadioDJ

if you need to run multiple instances of RadioDJ make the sure the "Allow more than 1 instance" tick box is disabled under Options.

I know someone who is running 7 stations using RDJ.
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

RadioDJ is my FAVOURITE piece of radio playout software EVER

https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/search?q=radiodj

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

paypal.me/djgarybaldy

NickPollock

• New User

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 02:36:47 AM »
If I have two studios that need to access the same database and another machine for the PD to access. Can I use one Database?

FreerunMedia

• Personal Text
    Proud user of RadioDJ
    • Radio 251 , Gewoon gezellig
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 11:41:33 AM »
If I have two studios that need to access the same database and another machine for the PD to access. Can I use one Database?

Well it is possible but the main question, do you want that? When you connect 3 workstations to one DBase, files get flagged "PLAYED" when you didn't play it. Example: Studio one plays track A, Studio 2 want to play that same track one hour later. You can put that in by hand but not automated because of the repeat rules. Another thing is when Studio 1 disables a track that you want to play a couple of hours later, it is gone so you need to enable that one again in Studio 2. The Radio Automation ( if there is a nonstop unit running ) sees that a track is played so it won't select that track running the risk there is no track to play because everything is played.

So yes it is possible but i would sugest to have one DBase program like MariaDB. Make an entry for each RadioDJ and import the tracks for each one. Now you can do that easy by filling up RadioDJ 1, create a backup. Import the backup in RadioDJ 2 an RadioDJ 3. That way they all have the same DBase and all of them are running on it's own DBase entry.

I tried it for the live assist RadioDJ and the automated RadioDJ and i was running into problems. Tracks played in the live assist were not selected by the automation due to the repeat rules.
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )