RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum

updating songs database on virtual server

updating songs database on virtual server
« on: October 05, 2015, 12:19:29 AM »
Hello guys,

I have RadioDJ running on a virtual server, playing 24/7. I do all the work on a local pc (adding songs & cues, events, rotations etc). After the changes are made, I use to export the sql db, copy it to my ftp, connect to virtual server and restore the db there. Everything's ok but one thing: the history of played tracks is, in this case, lost.

So...Is there a way how to handle this except of exporting the db from virtual server, copy to ftp, to my local pc and restore it and then make any change and finally do this once again, but vice versa?

Or - hope so - am I missing something? Some easier way? (I don't really understand how cues synchronization work, maybe this is the way?|

Thank you so much,

Marian from Slovakia

Offline Marius

• Radio DJ
Re: updating songs database on virtual server
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 04:37:40 AM »
If the music library has the same structure and location on both computers, you can connect directly to the server's database, so any changes will be made there.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Offline baba

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 07:38:34 AM »
I have a similar setup - my RadioDJ & DB is running on a VMWare server. Due to performance issues on the VM
i will try to setup MariaDB  as Master/Slave with replication. And do the main work on my Workstation.

I keep you updated ;)

I stumpled upon this nice how-to :  http://linoxide.com/how-tos/configure-mariadb-replication-centos-linux/
Proud user of RadioDJ Free Radio Automation Software.
========================================

http://babaganousha.net
Psytrance & Goa 24/7 - Stream Your Dream

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 01:30:34 PM »

..but we are using XAMPP (instead of mysql or mariadb).

Marius, Garybaldy wrote somewhere in the forum, that it's not good idea to have a "remote sql". I would be much more calmer (don't want lags, crashes of RDJ or something) if I can do everything locally and then transfer it to my virtual server (that is somewhere out there, not on my LAN) - mp3s and db - using RDP.

So, there is no way how to do it without losting a history of played songs at this time, right?

Offline Marius

• Radio DJ
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 02:20:08 PM »
Indeed, using a remote database is not recommended, but in your case the remote connection is used just for editing tracks, the main player will remain as it is.
Other solution i don't have at the moment.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 05:56:01 PM »
Ok, I'll try it. Thank you for your time, Marius and keep going, RDJ is really great soft (I used to work with several huge professional radio solutions in fm radiostations and RDJ is exactly what I need for my project).  :cool:

Offline baba

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2015, 03:01:29 PM »
Indeed, using a remote database is not recommended, but in your case the remote connection is used just for editing tracks, the main player will remain as it is.
Other solution i don't have at the moment.

hey Marius,

is there any special reason to not recomend  a remote db setup (remote but on same network)?

.. i want to setup a dedicated db server optimized for speed on a linux system.
Not only for mariaDB but also for running a Postgres.

cheers
Baba

Proud user of RadioDJ Free Radio Automation Software.
========================================

http://babaganousha.net
Psytrance & Goa 24/7 - Stream Your Dream

Offline Marius

• Radio DJ
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2015, 03:54:42 PM »
Mostly because of the speed limitation, but if it's on the same network it shouldn't be a problem.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2015, 08:11:12 PM »
hey Marius,

is there any special reason to not recomend  a remote db setup (remote but on same network)?

.. i want to setup a dedicated db server optimized for speed on a linux system.
Not only for mariaDB but also for running a Postgres.

cheers
Baba

if my virtual server was on the same network, I'd not hesitate.. But it's a virtual machine somewhere out there  :(
So go for it :)