• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

NOW PLAYING XML TEMPLATE

Started by manishboyradio, October 07, 2015, 07:41:54 PM

manishboyradio

Does anyone know how to create a now playing xml template, i am banging my head against the wall trying to do it, could someone show me a basic script for a now playing xml template to be generated

Thanks

Marius

Two questions:
1. Now playing supports several templates (file export, web export, serial export), which one are you using?
2. There is a special format do you need to export, if so, which one?
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

manishboyradio

the file export to either html or xml, so that it displays the artist, title and cover art

Thanks

Marius

In the Docs folder of RadioDJ there is a list of supported variables. When you make the template, insert them as placeholders for the actual values. It's that easy.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

manishboyradio

I have no idea where to start , what are placeholders?, as i said i have no experience making xml files, show me an example

thanks

Valdis

It is really as simple as Marius says. For software developers, but not mere mortals. :)
Example:
Code (XML) Select

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<track id="$track_id$">
<artist>$artist$</artist>
<title>$title$</title>
<album>$album$</album>
<year>$year$</year>
<path>$path$</path>
<trackType>$track-type$</trackType>
<duration>$durationinSeconds$</duration>
<durationinSeconds>$durationinSeconds$</durationinSeconds>
</track>
I am, therefore I think.
I design and develop web apps, and have created few RadioDJ plugins - https://axellence.lv/downloads/

manishboyradio

Thank You!!, this gives me a place to start:), So will this code change the album art and text when i song changes in radio dj?, again thank you posting the xml code:)

manishboyradio

another question, it is not displaying the actual album art, it is only displaying the filename of the album art, how do i fix that?

Valdis

XML is a data mark up language, not presentation mark up language. HTML is better suited for display images. You should have mentioned what you want to accomplish. You asked for XML but now you want it to function like HTML.
Banging head against wall is not healthy.
I am, therefore I think.
I design and develop web apps, and have created few RadioDJ plugins - https://axellence.lv/downloads/

manishboyradio

okay i apologize, my mistake, so how do i go about doing that, sorry for the confusion, when you get a chance show me a code to do that, thanks for your help:)

Marius

Do you have the album art images on your web server? If so, what is the path to them?
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

manishboyradio

yes i do, they are locally stored in a folder in the same directory as radio dj, i know we have been going back and forth with this, i want to display album art using the html that was mentioned before , and plug into a title generator for xsplit broadcaster that reads HTML code. Thanks again for your help

manishboyradio

F:\RadioDJ\Album_Art, path to album art

Marius

Do you run your site from your computer? Do you have a web server installed locally?
I ask this because if you are running the site from a hosting company server, the image files must be uploaded there and then you must find a way to upload also the generated html on each track change. For such a scenario the php would be better, but that requires some programming knowledge.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

manishboyradio

so i need a webserver installed like apache? to use the generated html?, i am using MariaDB rather MYSQL, and accessing the DB via hedi sql, i would be greatfull if you could step me through the whole process, i looked at the xml for the web export, it looks like a foreign language to me, thanks again