• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Directory import stops at 2290. Every time

Started by tonk, October 10, 2015, 02:38:25 PM

tonk

Hello all,

I'm running the newest version of Radio DJ and when I try to import a lot of songs (about 40.000) it always stops
at number 2290. Always. It doesn't matter if I select other directories or whatever, it always stops at 2290.

As you can imagine, this is rather annoying, because I have no idea which ones ar done and where to continue.
And with 40.000 songs this would result in 20 imports and finding out which ones have already been done.
When I disallow duplicates, still stops at 2290.

Does anybody have any idea of how to solve this?

Thanks
    TonK

jjeffries

mebo870

Therefore it is best to always import under "genre" >>> with a separate category, something like "new" or "new import".
So that you can clearly distinguish what has been newly imported.
RDJ 2.0.3.9
I found the key to happiness
Stay away from idiots

FreerunMedia

I know this and it happend to me more than once. The solution is search what track it stops and check the title. Most likely there is a caracter in the filename that isn't allowed or working well. It also happens when the file is corrupted. Why does it stops at that number? Because the file is at the next place in line.

Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

Marius

As FreerunMedia suggested, it may be a corrupted file that is causing the error. Normally the import will ignore that file and move on, but sometimes can stop the import process. If you manage to find that file, can you please share it with me to see what is happening?
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Jhonny

On the import enable the log option so when it stop importing you can see on what track (file)  it stops
select box Left under side in the screen.
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

MovingSounds

As the OP says, it's nothing to do with a particular track, it's stops after a particular number of tracks, irrecpective of what those tracks are. There is definitely a bug. Mine always stops after about 5,700 tracks out of my 12,000 or so.

MovingSounds

Quote from: Jhonny on February 10, 2020, 08:28:29 PMOn the import enable the log option so when it stop importing you can see on what track (file)  it stops
select box Left under side in the screen.

The log file tells you no more than you already know, since the Import dialog already shows you the track where it bugged out.