• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

External Commercial Planer (AdMaster)

Started by PHAZE FM, October 14, 2015, 03:54:06 AM

Occassion

Quote from: PHAZE FM on October 15, 2015, 04:53:54 AM
Hi,

I didnt work for me. It counted down the event but never added anything to either the top or bottom of the playlist.

Screenshots are:

https://gyazo.com/800527a0043014c748e9c4f78470e2bd
https://gyazo.com/5428dc42b7e68bf8c5d183c9b2c50b0b

If it counted down and nothing appeard on radiodj playlist than it means eather U have a empty playlist or wrong named playlist what are U loading there!

Marius

The path to playlist location was wrong. It works now.  ;D
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Yvette - Hitz24

Hi Guys,

The last three weeks I have been testing AdMaster with an older version of RadioDJ which uses rpl files instead of m3u files.
All my experiences were discussed with the maker of AdMaster so he could modify the software to output usable files for RadioDJ.
One of the key features that is very interesting is the option to set a database reference number for each entry.

So the generated rpl files contain the database reference numbers of the commercials instead of the real files.
The big advantage of using database reference numbers, is that all side information is used during playout.
Side information like start time, end time, next time, but also the track info data which is sent to the stream and in the nowplaying file.
There is only 1 downside: Before scheduling your commercial in AdMaster, you have to retrieve the database reference number of that commercial. I do that through Events.

Now, for the newer versions of RadioDJ:
Playlist files in the newer RadioDJ are m3u playlists.
In earlier posts Marius has shown us how to insert m3u playlists that are generated by AdMaster in RadioDJ using Events.
With this method, I wonder if all side information is used? As there is no database record number, RadioDJ will play the real files without side information?
If so, each playlist can contain silences between the various commercials in a break?

Maybe Marius or anyone can clear this?

So my question is: When using the m3u output in AdMaster and using the Marius method to insert the m3u playlists, is the side info, stored in the database records used in the playout?

Thanks for taking the time for this issue.

Streaming Hit Music

Marius

Sure, no problem.
Even if you load a m3u playlist, the program will search first the database if that filename is already imported and if it is, it will use the available info. In the other case, when the file is not imported, rdj will import the file and only then will add it to the playlist.
This is the reason why i always said that is a good practice to import the files first, edit them, and only after that to use them in playlists. If you load a playlist with 2-300 tracks, it will take a while to import them and you can end up with silence on air, but if the files are already imported, the process will be very fast.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Yvette - Hitz24

Great!

That means that AdMaster is a very suitable program for scheduling ads for old versions as well as new versions of RadioDJ!
I am going to test the latest version with the M3U playlist outputs and let you know what the result is.
In that test I am going to use your method to insert the playlist.

Thanks for answering so quick, Marius!
Streaming Hit Music

Jhonny

I downloaded the AdMaster trial edition.

And go play with it.
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

Yvette - Hitz24

Hi Guys,

I have tested RadioDJ 1.8.2. in combination with AdMaster. It works like a charm!

The Events function in RadioDJ inserts the m3u playlists that are generated by AdMaster perfectly.
If a playlist contains commercials, they are inserted at the set time in your Event.
Empty playlists are simply ignored bij RadioDJ.

So AdMaster outputs rpl playlists for old versions of RadioDJ and m3u playlists for new versions of RadioDJ.

I must say, RadioDJ and AdMaster make a great pair!

Yvette

Streaming Hit Music

Vanlen

Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

IgorAdMaster

Hey guys, many thanks to all of you for the help on how to pair our software with RadioDJ!

If you have any questions regarding the software feel free to ask us.
Software developer
AdMaster - Radio commercial scheduler
http://www.admaster.info

IgorAdMaster

Hi guys,

just wanted to let you know that a new version of AdMaster is released. Among other features, it includes predefined templates for connection with RadioDJ both with .m3u and older .rpl files.
Software developer
AdMaster - Radio commercial scheduler
http://www.admaster.info

Jhonny

At the moment I see only two posts from you!

So i do not ask.
I demand a link for the software  :hihi: :hihi:

Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

Jhonny

[MODE SET HUMBLE]
Just to see how it works.
[MODE END]

:-X :-X :D :D

Brodephat

"Think Outside The Box And Make Something Truly Wonderful Happen"

Youtube Channel: https://bit.ly/3fGBsKJ

My RadioDJ Stations:
NiaRadioNetwork.com
RealPeopleTalkRadio.com
TheTriadComeUp.com

Radio Imaging & Tools:
CarterScripts.com

Free RDJ Videos:
HowToUseRadioDJ.com

Neoradius

Quote from: Yvette - Hitz24 on October 21, 2015, 03:21:14 PM
Hi Guys,

I have tested RadioDJ 1.8.2. in combination with AdMaster. It works like a charm!
I must say, RadioDJ and AdMaster make a great pair!

Yvette

Could you help me HOW to make them work as a great pair? The Admaster created hundreds of m3u's per each commercial break, more than 500. Do I have to assign each mp3u through the event scheduler in RadioDJ???? This is insane, there must be an easier way

Neoradius

Ah, okay, sorry, it had been explained earlier in the thread,
what should I write in the Argument field if I have such format of m3u's:
2016-02-29-02a
?