Author Topic: Is there a way to automatically insert requests AFTER non-music items?  (Read 936 times)

Yvette - Hitz24

• Personal Text
    The Hits Only Station
    • Hitz24
I have a question about the automatic insertion of requests. I could not find the answer in this forum.

By default it is possible to insert automatically at the BOTTOM or the TOP of the current playlist. I have selected TOP.
When a request is done just before the TOTH, the request will be inserted before the TOTH. In this case, the TOTH is postponed, which is unwanted behaviour.

Is it in any way possible to configure this plugin in a way that, when TOP is selected, the insertion will always be AFTER items like jingles, commercials, news, etc...
Let's say: When TOP is selected, the requests will be inserted on the first MUSIC position in the playlist.

I hope I made clear what I mean. Is there a way?

Yvette

Streaming Hit Music

Valdis

• Personal Text
    Radio is a mental condition
    • home
Re: Is there a way to automatically insert requests AFTER non-music items?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 10:47:40 PM »
Hi Yvette,

It really comes down to how your events are set up. If requests are inserted using events at XX:00:00 and TOTH items are also inserted in playlist at the same time, it's a good idea to have the requests event scheduled 5 to 10 seconds before default TOTH event. That way a request is inserted at the top but since TOTH items are also inserted at the top, they would be played before the request.
I am, therefore I think.
I design and develop web apps, and have created few RadioDJ plugins - https://axellence.lv/downloads/

Yvette - Hitz24

• Personal Text
    The Hits Only Station
    • Hitz24
Re: Is there a way to automatically insert requests AFTER non-music items?
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 09:33:21 AM »
Thanks Valdis for your support.

In this case the requests are inserted automatically through the default function in RadioDJ, not through an event.

But even when the requests are inserted by an event, my problem remains the same partially: When a request is inserted by an event, it could break up several items in a playlist that are meant to stay together and meant to be played after each other. For example: newsopener+weather+newscloser

I think this is only possible by inserting requests through rotation rules. Maybe this is also the best way to do it.

Yvette
Streaming Hit Music