Author Topic: Scheduled Events Firing Immediately instead of scheduled time [FIXED]  (Read 9285 times)

joepcdr

• New User

I'm at a bit of a loss of here. I'm trying to setup events to play my station legal ID and Newscast at the top of the hour as close as possible. The problem I'm having is as soon as I schedule an event, it immediately dumps it into my playlist and does so multiple times and fires them off. When it comes time to when the event is supposed to be schedule to play it won't. In the past I've been able to do this without any issue. But I'm using a different machine now and slightly different setup.
Also its refusing to play my sweepers as well.

Windows 10 pro machine
Sql Database hosted on a Debian linux VM on the same subnet
Tried 1.8.2 and 1.6.5.7 with same results
Tried running in Windows 7 Compatibility mode and not having any luck.

Any suggestions would be helpful as I'm trying to get a low budget non-profit radio station running 24/7

joepcdr

• New User

Re: Scheduled Events Firing Immediately instead of scheduled time
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 01:18:28 AM »
Definitely appears to be a Windows 10 issue of some sort. My Windows XP test VM works fine without an issue. I even changed location of the database. Moved it to the local machine instead of a remote machine and that didn't make a difference. So any help that can be offered would be great. Thanks

joepcdr

• New User

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 01:36:20 AM »
Ive narrowed it down to a issue on my pc. Works fine on another windows 10 machine just fine. Not sure what direction i need to go from here.

joepcdr

• New User

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 11:10:50 PM »
Kept plugging away at this over the last couple of days. I believe at this point it has something to do with how my machine and or radiodj is communicating with the mysql database. However it doesn't seem to matter if I'm working with a database local to the machine or one on another server and the version of radiodj doesn't seem to matter as well. I've compared a known working version of radiodj's database to mine that I'm having trouble with and nothing seems to be out of place. I can see that my events have been scheduled to be fired off at the correct times etc. within the database. However the program itself isn't behaving like it should. The best I can describe it is that Radiodj can see that there is an event scheduled, but but having problems interpreting the time. Because of this it fires them immediately after i schedule anything. Does this make sense or sound familiar to anybody?

wrm

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 11:21:13 PM »
I suspect that the problem is related to a "remote" instance of MySQL and the security configuration of the DB Engine. In years past I had a remote SQL DB running fetching queries and returning results. Configuring the Engine to allow the appropriate actions is required. All MySQL tables have permissions associated with them. Read/Write/Update etc etc. Only those machines needing access need to have rules written allowing these transactions for the specific host.

All of that is a rather long winded way of saying that if the DB is on the same physical machine as RadioDJ then it probably would behave ok. The problem is that another physical machine needs access to a table to make changes to events. And if there *is* a table associated with that then the remote machine needs to be able to physically access or change the record in the specific table.

try this on a macihne having the DB and RadioDJ. If it works as it should then fix your access rights on the DB for the machines having the problem.

Bill

joepcdr

• New User

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 11:42:45 PM »
Thanks for your reply bill. In my troubleshooting I have actually installed mysql on the same machine that radiodj is on and ran into the same problem. The only thing that I hadn't tried was installing that other database program that some are switching to.

joepcdr

• New User

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 12:47:35 AM »
Just got home and sat down. I decided to go the route of installing MariaDB on the same machine as my RadioDJ instead of using mysql. I end up with the same results as before. Things firing off right away instead of when scheduled. But I did make another observation. The event countdown is literally counting down my minutes as seconds. In fact it may be slightly faster than a second. So this is telling me some sort of timing component is off.

Marius

• Administrator

• Radio DJ
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 04:43:23 AM »
If i remember well, one user had a similar problem and the cause was the windows decimal separator in windows regional settings.
The two computers on which you were testing rdj had the same format and location set in windows region settings?
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

joepcdr

• New User

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2015, 05:52:42 AM »
If i remember well, one user had a similar problem and the cause was the windows decimal separator in windows regional settings.
The two computers on which you were testing rdj had the same format and location set in windows region settings?

Marius thank you!! I can't believe something as simple as a region time setting jacked with it that much. I had to change my longtime to hh:mm:ss tt This is something that probably should go into a wiki. As a IT guy I think I may have touched the time region setting maybe twice in the 20 years I've been working with pc's. This is just one of those settings you don't think would normally cause any weird issues.

Thank you again!

Marius

• Administrator

• Radio DJ
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 12:10:07 PM »
I'm glad that it worked. I will make this topic sticky.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

José Cruz

• New User

Re: Scheduled Events Firing Immediately instead of scheduled time [FIXED]
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2015, 07:42:32 PM »
Hello!
I'm Portuguese and I'm testing in these last days the Radio DJ and I'm enjoying the features, the serious problem that I find is that I do not know how to go about my publicist block inserted into the schedule signal does not come out exactly the hour that I program . Ie I needed help I can program my playlist with my schedule signal every hour eg 00:00, 01:00 hours and climb Emediato. I appreciate that someone help me solve this problema.tanks
Note:

Nusakan

• New User

Hi Jose

If I understand you correctly, RDJ is adding to the playlist at the bottom, and playing it when it gets to it rather than when you want it to play

I had the same problem until i added a clear playlist at the top of the event programming, before (in my case) the time announcment but it should be before anything at all in your event

guest14576

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2016, 06:11:05 PM »
HELLO ALL WHEN IS THIS ISSUE GOING TO BE FIX, I WANT TO USE THE PROGRAM AND CANT, I NEED IT FIXED, NEED AN ANSWER ON THIS, OR I MIGHT HAVE TO EXPLORE OTHER SOFTWARE. WE LOVE IT, BUT CANT SCHEDULE IDS, COMMERCIALS, ETC. ETC. DUMPS IT IN PLAYLIST, SAME AS EVERYONE ELSE, PLEASE HELP THANKS ALOT!

Marius

• Administrator

• Radio DJ
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2016, 08:32:29 PM »
Please don't yell, if you have a problem and you need help, please describe it nicely and we'll try to help you.
PS: please open a new topic and describe what you are trying to do.
Thanks alot!
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

guest14576

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2017, 03:10:38 AM »
Hello,
         Was needing help with Event Scheduler, i have programmed it and i thought i had it programmed correctly? When the Event goes off, it flashes, tries to cue but doesn't. then only thing that does is my m3u link (news feed). I have events programmed as follows: clear playlist, event and thats it. I don't want to interrupt the music, i know if i want to stop it to put clear playlist, stop event(s) then start playing. What do i need to do Please help? Thanks in advance.
                                                                                                                                                            Roger