• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Shift Song Pitch

Started by davefm1074, December 13, 2015, 08:48:26 AM

davefm1074

Hi from New Zealand.

In a future release of RadioDJ, I would love to have "Set Song Pitch" considered.  Some traditionalists dislike this feature, sure, but to have the option would be wonderful.  Giving music an upward pitch of 1% or 2% really does give the sound of your station a nice shine and energy.  Not for all formats, but for mine, personally, would be amazing.

(RCS NexGen is one of the only major playout systems that offer this option). 

Thanks for reading :) LOVE RadioDJ. Keep up the good work.

Dave
Dave FM, New Zealand.

davefm1074

Oh, sorry! One more thing which would be very handy in future versions of RadioDJ is an easy way to view song play history... either a list (like a play report) or a small Selector-like grid.  Just a thought  ;)

Thanks so much!

FreerunMedia

A song pitch is one thing i don't like but you can convert the audio by pitching it in the audio editor. Keep in mind that a real time pitch and speed changes effects the running playlist and time when something should be started.

For a "as run log" there are options in it. In utilities you can find a button "reports". Set a time as from where you want the logs from and set the time where you want it to stop. Press export and you'll get it in HTML, with the exact times when something is played. A played list is allready in the interface, the last 20 or so songs are shown and i think you can change that. Same as the search results.
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

Capt_Fuzzy

Quote from: FreerunMedia on January 10, 2016, 01:06:27 PM
...the last 20 or so songs are shown and i think you can change that.
If you don't mind my asking, how do you change that, the number of songs listed in the history, that is?  :bash:

EDIT: Never mind, I found it...  :D
Always searching BEFORE posting is good practice...  ;D

The setting can be found in Options > Plugins > History - Keeps history of played tracks 4.0.0.0 > Settings
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade
Proud & Satisfied "Long-term" RadioDJ User
(Currently making the transition to v2)

WVRR - Ridgerunners Radio
The best mix of your favorites!

FreerunMedia

Quote from: Capt_Fuzzy on January 10, 2016, 09:45:11 PM
If you don't mind my asking, how do you change that, the number of songs listed in the history, that is?  :bash:

EDIT: Never mind, I found it...  :D
Always searching BEFORE posting is good practice...  ;D

The setting can be found in Options > Plugins > History - Keeps history of played tracks 4.0.0.0 > Settings

;D :ok:
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

oldiesradio

Song pitching is a U.S. broadcast standard going back to 60s Top 40. Was very prevalent with 80s CHRs. The oldies station in Cleveland I worked at in the 90s we pitched the Denon CD players up 1.5% - which btw is the perfect percentage.

NexGen, Station Playlist, Wide Orbit, and Zetta (Nexgen heir) all have music pitch capability.

Pitching the music slightly gives duller songs are pep and overall gives the station more pep.

Key is to only pitch music. Nothing else.

RDJ also needs to add actual Voicetracking capabilities like SPL. Then it would be the top Automation system to rival SPL and even Zetta and WO.
FUN Music of the 50s, 60s & 70s!
www.NorthCoastsGreatestHits.com