• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Commercials Management

Started by Neoradius, February 29, 2016, 01:40:17 PM

Neoradius

Hello friends again :)
I've been trying to find anything like a built-in commercials manager, but there isn't any specific one for commercial spots, only for general events.
For example, I have a commercial A and a commercial B, each one of them has its own schedule, for example, the A gets on air at 10:15, 12:15 and 17:15, the B - 11:30, 13:30 and 17:15
Is there any table with days of the week and month dates, where I should put in the spots position?
And one more thing - how to assing an opening jingle for a set of commercials, and a closing one? This kind of thing is required in our country.
Thank you

DJ Garybaldy

You could achieve that with the events function you can set events to load a specific track at a set time and date.
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

Neoradius

Thanks, I figured that, it might work, I'm going to look into it deeper... but... the problem is the opening and closing jingle that indicates you are listening to a commercials block. This is how it looks:

1. OPENER
2. Commercial A
3. Commercial B
4. Commercial C
5. CLOSING TRACK

Those closing and opening tracks are obligatory.

The problem is, when the advertising campaign finishes, the audiofile of a commercial can be removed by a program, but as to the opener and a closer of a commercials block - they will remain, when all those three commercials may be removed and nothing is being added instead (it happens sometimes). So the only way is to manually remove those jingles from events, each time when the commercial block gets emty after all the commercial campaigns of the spots represented in it are finished, and to create it all over, when a new campaign starts.

In some other programs this feature is embodied into some kind of an excell table, a grid, where you have day of the week on the left, and a date above, so you can simply choose an advertising campaign, an audiofile and tick with your mouse to those days and dates where you want this commercial spot to sound. As for the openers and closers, you can assign them from a menu, and in a case of an empty commercial block THESE openers and closer WON'T sound

That's what I am talking about - about a compete automation of commercials, within minutes, without making manual corrections later. Maybe we might expect it in future versions :)

Neoradius

The only working way to manage advertising campaigns is to create a playlist for each commercial break starting form Monday to Saturday, edit those individually, and to load them like an event (m3u playlis). I don't see any other way to do it. A lot of manual work, a person who will be in charge of this will have to keep lots of records to be attentive, to edit playlists in time.
Hope for the easier approach in future versions

Vanlen

Yes, Playlists work well.  If you want a full scheduler maybe this link will help.  Admaster working with RadioDJ

http://www.radiodj.ro/community/index.php?topic=7839.msg45909#msg45909
Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

Neoradius

I've just tried AdMaster, it created hundreds of m3u's, I have no idea how to "feed" them to RadioDJ...
I wish RadioDJ had its own built in feature like this. Even a paid one, why not?
I think a paid version of RadioDJ should be created with some extra features, for example, a full commercials scheduler (a free version should be restricted in broadcasting commercials only)

Neoradius

Vanlen

Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

DANTANGUAY

Quote from: Neoradius on February 29, 2016, 04:19:59 PM
Thanks, I figured that, it might work, I'm going to look into it deeper... but... the problem is the opening and closing jingle that indicates you are listening to a commercials block. This is how it looks:

1. OPENER
2. Commercial A
3. Commercial B
4. Commercial C
5. CLOSING TRACK

Those closing and opening tracks are obligatory.

The problem is, when the advertising campaign finishes, the audiofile of a commercial can be removed by a program, but as to the opener and a closer of a commercials block - they will remain, when all those three commercials may be removed and nothing is being added instead (it happens sometimes). So the only way is to manually remove those jingles from events, each time when the commercial block gets emty after all the commercial campaigns of the spots represented in it are finished, and to create it all over, when a new campaign starts.

In some other programs this feature is embodied into some kind of an excell table, a grid, where you have day of the week on the left, and a date above, so you can simply choose an advertising campaign, an audiofile and tick with your mouse to those days and dates where you want this commercial spot to sound. As for the openers and closers, you can assign them from a menu, and in a case of an empty commercial block THESE openers and closer WON'T sound

That's what I am talking about - about a compete automation of commercials, within minutes, without making manual corrections later. Maybe we might expect it in future versions :)

Did you finally find a way to do it ?

I have the same problem, maybe not exactly the same but the commercials Management.

Need help too!

Thank's

Dan
www.djradio.ca & www.sportradio.ca

DANTANGUAY

Quote from: Neoradius on March 01, 2016, 06:31:07 PM
The problem has been solved!

How did you solved your problem?

Need help too!

Thank you

Dan
www.djradio.ca & www.sportradio.ca