Author Topic: !!! SOLVED !!! Tracks keep on getting disabled  (Read 8630 times)

thegroundfloor

• New User

Re: !!! SOLVED !!! Tracks keep on getting disabled
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2016, 04:50:11 PM »
So, even after re-enabling the tracks and running the relocation task, I noticed this morning that the tracks are disabled again.  Here is how I have things setup and maybe this will give you a better idea in terms of what I'm trying to do.

I have about 4-5 pre-recorded radio shows that air starting at 7am and run until about 3pm CST. Each show has it own category which is named after itself (ie show A's catergory is called 'Show A').

These shows are about 1 hour to 2hours each.  Each show is set as it's own rotation so basically when show A is set to start, i have a track rotation set up to go to show A's category and randomly pull a show from show A's category and play it. 

Once the show finishes, it goes to the next scheduled time slot.  After those first group of shows, then I have dj mix shows that come on which vary in length from 1/2 hour to 2 hours... this runs into about 9-10 pc cst.. after that I have random songs that play throughout the evening until about What I noticed on (8/22-23) yesterday and so far this morning, the shows that I have scheduled ARE running on task and the random songs were the issue.. so far this morning, the second scheduled group of showed as being disabled  even though only 2 or 3 of the 10 rotational tracks had never been played.

DAVID DENNEHY

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2017, 06:14:49 PM »
Hi Guys I am having a similar issue  the tracks are disabled
and where would I direct them too in radio DJ where are these normally kept in the programme I am nearly sure they were all going the same place??
regards
DAVE

neutralhills

• Personal Text
    Nil sine labore.
    • squirrel.fm
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2017, 07:16:20 PM »
  • Tracks are stored in the file system.
  • Importing them into RadioDJ sets up a record in the back end database of where each file is stored, plus the info that RadioDJ needs to play the file, file type, etc.
  • If a file is moved in the local file system, the track is disabled in RadioDJ until it is located again.
  • Files stored on USB devices become 'lost' easily if the drive letter gets changed or the drive 'drops out' because of a USB hiccup while tracks are being played.
  • Try using the relocate tracks utility to find lost tracks once you've verified where they are where they're supposed to be.
Squirrel FM : Always playing with our nuts!
www.squirrel.fm
Studio systems running RadioDJ, PlayoutONE, & Rivendell
Flow 8 Deck & PlayIt Cartwall for live mixing and assist.
Remote systems running RadioDJ
Pioneer DDJ-SX control surface.

DAVID DENNEHY

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2017, 10:46:48 AM »
Hi Guys
I am having this issue too I went to verify tracks and found them on another server  my question is  how to get to the path for putting these in the song categories of RDJ if anyone can help
thank you
Dave

DJ Garybaldy

• Global Moderator

• Personal Text
    I do NOT compile code for RadioDJ I'm just a USER!
    • DJ Garybaldy
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2017, 11:40:01 AM »
Hi Guys
I am having this issue too I went to verify tracks and found them on another server  my question is  how to get to the path for putting these in the song categories of RDJ if anyone can help
thank you
Dave

You've asked this question in different Topics... Please don't double post it make things hard to keep on top of.

If you have a specific question open up a new topic on the support forum use the BIG GREEN + sign and Click on "New topic"

Please don't keep jumping onto topics.
Proud USER of RadioDJ since 2011

https://djgarybaldy.co.uk/maria-db-radiodj/
https://djgarybaldy.co.uk/help-cant-install-radiodj/
https://djgarybaldy.co.uk/radiodj-php-request-script-basic/
https://twitter.com/DJGaryBaldy

Retired from the forums although I will still beta test where possible.

neutralhills

• Personal Text
    Nil sine labore.
    • squirrel.fm
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2017, 07:53:11 AM »
Hi Guys
thank you
Dave

Hi David, just to clarify, you put the files on one server and then they wound up on another server? That's ... weird! Can you provide us with an example of the old path and then an example of the new one?
Squirrel FM : Always playing with our nuts!
www.squirrel.fm
Studio systems running RadioDJ, PlayoutONE, & Rivendell
Flow 8 Deck & PlayIt Cartwall for live mixing and assist.
Remote systems running RadioDJ
Pioneer DDJ-SX control surface.