Author Topic: Brand New User - With A few Problems  (Read 3077 times)

Nusakan

• New User

Brand New User - With A few Problems
« on: May 19, 2016, 02:30:56 PM »
Hi Folks

Just migrated away from - well lets just say i saw the light of unstable software ;)

Having a few problems,

1. Track Import doesn't seem to work but folder works perfectly, any thoughts?

2. From reading the information on the website, i understood that I should be able to add a URL (eg for news bulletin) into an event to fire TOH, but it's probably me, but i can't find a way for it to be done.

3. This one's slightly OT, but I can't work out how to make good ol' windows 7 automate the download of the News MP3 file every hour (at :59:00) and over write the existing ones - any help would be fantastic

Thanks In Advance

Rich

Marius

• Administrator

• Radio DJ
Re: Brand New User - With A few Problems
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 04:50:42 PM »
Hi and welcome Nusakan!  :)

1. In what format are the tracks?
2. Track Import - select internet stream set the category/genre and import the file, then simply schedule to play it when you want.
3. You can play it directly from the source server if you have a direct link, exactly like in step 2.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

FreerunMedia

• Personal Text
    Proud user of RadioDJ
    • Radio 251 , Gewoon gezellig
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 07:32:49 PM »
What you also can do and that works fine at my place, just mount the audiodrive in windows  7 as a networked drive. This way RadioDJ will see it as a usable drive and can play from it.
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

Copper007

• Personal Text
    RDJ Adept
    • Radio Reimerswaal
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 09:52:40 AM »
Hi,

If needed, I can take a look with Teamviewer (or better Ammyy)....

Grtz,

Krid  8)

Nusakan

• New User

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 12:47:47 PM »
Hi Marius

Sadly playing the internet stream doesnt seem to work, it loads the track, then it just vanishes from the playlist panel without being played, 1st time it happened, I checked that the URL was right (Copy and paste into a browser from Track Info) - worked perfectly

The News tracks are MP3 tracks, that are provided by a private facing URL, no authentication is needed though. http://link.to/news/file.mp3

I could get the Djs to play it directly from the server, but it also plays during non-presenter (auto DJ) time, so the system needs to be able to handle it in some way for itself.

@FreeRunMedia
I don't understand how i can mount a website as a network drive .....

@Cooper
Thanks for the offer, but at the moment i'd like to try and figure it out myself with help and advice from the forum, but if I can't i'll definately consider your offer

FreerunMedia

• Personal Text
    Proud user of RadioDJ
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 01:28:52 PM »
Hi Marius

Sadly playing the internet stream doesnt seem to work, it loads the track, then it just vanishes from the playlist panel without being played, 1st time it happened, I checked that the URL was right (Copy and paste into a browser from Track Info) - worked perfectly

The News tracks are MP3 tracks, that are provided by a private facing URL, no authentication is needed though. http://link.to/news/file.mp3

I could get the Djs to play it directly from the server, but it also plays during non-presenter (auto DJ) time, so the system needs to be able to handle it in some way for itself.

@FreeRunMedia
I don't understand how i can mount a website as a network drive .....

@Cooper
Thanks for the offer, but at the moment i'd like to try and figure it out myself with help and advice from the forum, but if I can't i'll definately consider your offer

Oh sorry i was thinking you wanted a network drive that contains audio te play. An internet stream will work. You have to set it up at the import of the "track". Choose import track, set track first as "internet stream" than put in the web link of that stream. A website won;t work. The stream should be up and running before RadioDJ need it to play out.

I am doing this with no problems at all with the weekly news, the saterday first 2 hours and some special interest events.
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

Nusakan

• New User

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 02:06:42 PM »
@FreeRunMedia

The News is a complete file, as described above, with a fairly stable run time - 3:02 normally it is not a live feed

I guess im going to have to find a way to download it every hour under windows unless it can be played from that URL every hour

Capt_Fuzzy

• Personal Text
    "Quiet numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" ~ Moe Howard
    • WVRR - Ridgerunners Radio
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2016, 03:23:48 PM »
@FreeRunMedia

The News is a complete file, as described above, with a fairly stable run time - 3:02 normally it is not a live feed

I guess im going to have to find a way to download it every hour under windows unless it can be played from that URL every hour
I do exactly what you are trying to do with my TOTH news.
I use a little program called Internet Download Manager to download my news file, which is updated hourly.
So, every hour at about 15 past the hour, I have it set to download the file, save it as news.mp3 and then I have an event set up that plays the file at the top of the hour.
This has worked well for me for a long while now.
Just a little note, I got my version of IDM free several years ago, it appears that it's no longer free, but there are free alternatives out there if you don't (or can't) pay for it. Which ever one you end up getting, just make sure that it has two main features: The ability to download files on a schedule, and the ability to "rename" files when it saves them.

Good Luck!!
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade
Proud & Satisfied "Long-term" RadioDJ User
(Currently making the transition to v2)

WVRR - Ridgerunners Radio
The best mix of your favorites!

Nusakan

• New User

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2016, 03:48:16 PM »
@capt_fuzzy

thanks for the advice - i too _used_ to have IDM Free version - but alas it's long since lost - ive not used a windows machine in a good number of years - preference for Mac's - well i'm a web designer and developer

I wonder if I can lay my hands to an old version somewhere online (legally of course) can you let me know the version you are running to give me a starting point? - any help configuring it to work would also be appreciated

Capt_Fuzzy

• Personal Text
    "Quiet numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" ~ Moe Howard
    • WVRR - Ridgerunners Radio
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2016, 10:15:39 PM »
My version is up to date...
I got mine a few years back as a promotion and when it went over to a paid program, I was "grandfathered" in.
I still get free updates and whatnot, so I have the latest version, which of course, is no longer free...  :(

Just Google download managers, there are some freeware DMs out there, just have to look for them.
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade
Proud & Satisfied "Long-term" RadioDJ User
(Currently making the transition to v2)

WVRR - Ridgerunners Radio
The best mix of your favorites!

FreerunMedia

• Personal Text
    Proud user of RadioDJ
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2016, 10:14:54 AM »
@FreeRunMedia

During weekdays i also stream the news from a website without downloading it. It starts exact at the time i set it to start so it works for sure. You can hear it each workday TOTH on my station at www.radio251.nl ( sorry if i break a rule right now ) In the weekend because my news provider doesn't update the news, i use the downloaded version. In short i can tell you, it works perectly using a stream from a website. You have to do only 2 things, import the webstream (live or recorded but on the webpage ) from the source! Import it as webstream with a variable length and give it a name. In my case i use an event were i load this database entry at the time i set and play it at the time i set for it.

In my studio the news if perfectly at the hour with a little news bed running "under" the news. This is not from the website but on the fly done by RadioDJ.

Nusakan

• New User

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2016, 11:45:23 AM »
@FreeRunMedia

I don't understand .....

Ive tried adding it as a stream to the database, with the URL and it simply will not play it, it just floats through the player, and is skipped

Jhonny

• Personal Text
    Peace, enjoy life, last sleep is longer than live!
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2016, 12:17:40 PM »
ensure that the final extension of the URL is good.
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

FreerunMedia

• Personal Text
    Proud user of RadioDJ
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2016, 01:11:10 PM »
As Jhonny said and be sure the stream you want to play is realy there and running!

So, be sure it is running from that website link and make sure that the whole URL is right, up to the last .mp3 or .wav.

Jhonny

• Personal Text
    Peace, enjoy life, last sleep is longer than live!
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2016, 02:21:36 PM »
Have we made a quick one, yep.

here
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)