• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Track Rotation

Started by George2772, May 30, 2016, 04:00:33 AM

George2772

In the tracks rotation there is one default Track Rotation. Then you create a new Track Rotation and you name it. Then you create an event for this track rotation(SQL Query). Example 10 songs from the same artist. When this Track Rotation finish. The Track Rotation doesn't go back to the default Track Rotation, Stays plating the new Track Rotation that I create  with an SQL Query.

fuzzyfaraway

Do the same as you did for your special rotation:

1. Create a manual event to load the default rotation.
2. Add that event as the last item in your special rotation.

The default rotation will load at the end of your special rotation, and everything goes back to normal.

John T
--
Christian radio for contemporary adults!
Streaming 24/7 from keptfm.com or get the KEPT FM app for your iOS or Android device!

George2772

I Don't know if I did something wrong, but this solution is no working.

fuzzyfaraway

I didn't think of it when I made my original reply. It's because your special rotation has filled the queue already. I forgot to take into consideration that the default rotation will only take effect when AutoDJ adds to the queue. The solution is pretty simple when you think about it.

In your manual event that loads the default rotation, add as the LAST action: Clear Playlist! The event would look like:

1. Load Rotation (load your default rotation)
2. Clear Playlist!  (clears the queue and immediately re-populates
                          according to the rotation just loaded)

When the current song finishes, your default rotation will begin playing.

Details. They kill me every time!

John T
--

Streaming 24/7 from keptfm.com or get the KEPT FM app for your iOS or Android device!

Capt_Fuzzy

Actually, that may work better if you clear playlist first, then load the rotation...
The way you have it there, it will load the rotation, then clear the playlist, leaving you with a blank que...
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade
Proud & Satisfied "Long-term" RadioDJ User
(Currently making the transition to v2)

WVRR - Ridgerunners Radio
The best mix of your favorites!

fuzzyfaraway

Capt_Fuzzy, when the playlist is cleared AutoDJ fills the queue from the active rotation. Without loading the Default Rotation first, he would have the same problem, as AutoDJ would immediately repopulate the queue from the Special Rotation that would still be active, before the Default Rotation gets loaded.

I just tested this on my "test station" and it works as intended to load the default rotation and then clear the playlist.

John T
--

Capt_Fuzzy

Ok, I see what you are saying, my bad...  :(
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade

Filip83

http://i.imgur.com/JY8mn4W.jpg

see above image.
That event will run every day at the same hour. It will change the rotation. Then it will clear the playlist so that the new rotations comes to effect and then it will load a specific track to the top of the playlist. It can be a Jingle or a show. Anything is possible.

Whenever you want something to change at a certain time you need to make an event for that to happen.

For more about events check this: http://dj-jhonny.nl/events/event.php

I think this is a post that should be in the support forum tho.
www.diskonektedmusic.com
www.soundcloud.com/diskonekted

Texas46Radio

Great info here,
just to confirm, if i want to run a seperate show on Sunday starting at midnight vs my mon-sat rotation, i would

Event: Sunday Check time box at "0">check Sunday box
+Load new rotation
+Clear Playlist
Now to  get the mon-sat rotation going on Monday do i make a new event with same options to start at 00:01:00 with the Monday box checked
or will it Default back to the mon-sat rotation automatically when sunday is done?
Basically what i am asking is What should the events look like

Filip83

You have to set every event individually. But you can have repeating events within 1 event if they repeat at the same hour or intervals. You can have an event that will repeat every hour.

If I understood your question correctly you have to make an event for Sunday and then you can have another event that would repeat trough out the week at 01h mon-Sat.

If there is no event to change the current rotation the same rotation will run until there is a new event to change it.
www.diskonektedmusic.com

Texas46Radio

Thanks for the help, it worked tonights rotation change should go the same.

Texas46Radio

Hey I loaded a 1st hour and 2nd hour event together. The 2nd hour played 1st :/
Should I load the 2nd hour 1st and follow with the 1st hour last. Does it play bottom to top in order?
Create Event:
1. Show part 2
2. Show part 1
Thanks as always for the help, gettin the hang of this thing now.

Capt_Fuzzy

Yes, load it in reverse order, what's loaded last, plays first...
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade

Filip83

I would load the 1st hour 1st and then the second hour on the second hour. Load separate not together. But you must find what works best for you.
www.diskonektedmusic.com

David

Actually, which will work higher if you clear listing 1st, then load the rotation.
http://insanityfittest.org