• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Wordpress Top Play Count How it works..?

Started by Marcob88, June 05, 2016, 01:00:30 PM

Marcob88

Hey all, i have got my wordpress plug in sorted and working, was really easy just need to sort out  appearence and stuff and it will be perfect.

Just a quick question about the top played tracks -

Before i launched the wordpress plug in i didnt realise but a couple of jingles were set to music and was counting the playcount... i have of course changed them to jingles and i understand top played songs will only take the info from tracks of that kind.

But the jingles are still showing on the website, i tried resetting play count in track manager, didn't work... i will now just have to make some tracks play repeatedly to overtake the jingles....

Is there an easier way of doing this and how does it actually work is it top played tracks today/this week/this month/

I cant figure it out especially if i am resetting the play count oin options/utilities and also in track manager

Cheers

Marcob88

Sorry to be a pain, but does anyone actually know if this is daily, weekly, monthly or all time...can it be changed

just some info please

Marius

If you are using the wordpress plugin (you posted in its forum), you can set in plugin options the period for which the top is created. The top is created only with type "0" (music) track type files.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Marcob88

Thanks Marius

I have been so busy with the new website and getting use to wordpress i wanted to be sure if this is set or i can change and if it qas in wordpress or on the database, if i get stuck ill let you know.

I have included a link to the website as i think its a great example of the plug in in practice, stikll building but its great seeing it implemented and working

www.galaxyradio.es

djdensma

just know the top track is 100% correct.

see the issue  i raised

http://www.radiodj.ro/community/index.php?topic=8625.msg50156#msg50156

Quote from: Marcob88 on June 11, 2016, 09:56:49 AM
Thanks Marius

I have been so busy with the new website and getting use to wordpress i wanted to be sure if this is set or i can change and if it qas in wordpress or on the database, if i get stuck ill let you know.

I have included a link to the website as i think its a great example of the plug in in practice, stikll building but its great seeing it implemented and working

www.galaxyradio.es

Marius

@djdensma i answered to your topic, please check it.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

gelson62

Quote from: Marius on June 07, 2016, 09:24:54 PM
If you are using the wordpress plugin (you posted in its forum), you can set in plugin options the period for which the top is created. The top is created only with type "0" (music) track type files.

I can not follow you. I have the same problem. In my case it counts also the category JINGLES. Can you please attach a screenshot of the options?
Using: RDJ 2.0.3.7  -  Icecast 2.4.2  -  on Debian 9 (stretch)  -  Centova Cast  - MBRecaster 5.0.0.7 Free Version - XAMPP at Home PC with MariaDB

gelson62

I use wordpress plugin 0.7.0. Every hour I play our station jingle. I don't want to show the counted station jingle in the top 10 ranking. The station jingle is in the RDJ-category JINGLE - STATION JINGLE. In my adminpanel of our wordpress installation I have only marked the category MUSIC as "Allowed Track Types". I have also changed the counter in the RDJ database for the station jingle to zero but on our webpage the station jingle appears as No 1 with a count of 60.

What I am doing wrong or what can I do, that the station jingle disappears from the top 10 ranking?
Using: RDJ 2.0.3.7  -  Icecast 2.4.2  -  on Debian 9 (stretch)  -  Centova Cast  - MBRecaster 5.0.0.7 Free Version - XAMPP at Home PC with MariaDB

DJ Garybaldy

As  the WordPress plugin is no longer being maintained by its author there's very little we can do to help.

The script probably needs updating and that's way beyond my programming skills.
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

PROducer

Quote from: gelson62 on May 09, 2020, 04:27:50 PM
I use wordpress plugin 0.7.0. Every hour I play our station jingle. I don't want to show the counted station jingle in the top 10 ranking. The station jingle is in the RDJ-category JINGLE - STATION JINGLE. In my adminpanel of our wordpress installation I have only marked the category MUSIC as "Allowed Track Types". I have also changed the counter in the RDJ database for the station jingle to zero but on our webpage the station jingle appears as No 1 with a count of 60.

What I am doing wrong or what can I do, that the station jingle disappears from the top 10 ranking?
Categories & Track Types are two different things.  My guess is that the jingle in question was imported as Music TRACK TYPE which is why it's being counted as a song.  Go into track manager and make sure the track type for the file is set to something other than music.

gelson62

oh no, what a beginner's mistake!!

I've always focused on the categories. Didn't notice that you also have to pay attention to the track types. Now it worked. Thanks for the food for thought