Author Topic: Music1 scheduling with RadioDJ  (Read 6434 times)

CommunityNetRadio

• New User

Music1 scheduling with RadioDJ
« on: July 25, 2016, 02:08:58 PM »
Is anyone using Music1 for scheduling with RadioDJ? The way it is supposed to work is a schedule is created for 24 hours using Music1. That playlist is imported into RadioDJ. Every hour is over scheduled by one or two songs (to make room for spots that can fluctuate in any given hour). What ever song is playing at 5:59 will finish out, then RadioDJ will reset to the next hour (from Music1) on the playlist. Anyone know how this is done with RadioDJ? Thanks

Valdis

• Personal Text
    Radio is a mental condition
    • home
Re: Music1 scheduling with RadioDJ
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 04:36:34 PM »
That can be done using Events and event action "Load M3U Playlist By Date Mask".
I am, therefore I think.
I design and develop web apps, and have created few RadioDJ plugins - https://axellence.lv/downloads/

Marius

• Administrator

• Radio DJ
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 05:50:57 PM »
A while a go i exchanged a few mails with Steve from Music1 in order to improve the programs compatibility. At that point i wrote the csv exporter plugin, because Music1 can import files from csv files, so the files will have the same structure in both programs.
Seeing your question made me try to install again Music1, but unfortunately the version i have expired so i requested another trial from Steve and as soon i will have it, i will write a step by step tutorial for using it with RadioDJ.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

CommunityNetRadio

• New User

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 06:02:21 PM »
Thanks for everyone's help so far.  I am able to import to RadioDJ from Music1, just not sure how to have RadioDJ kick out the extra (over scheduled songs) so it can start each hour as close to the next clock hour from Music1.  I did try the following as suggested from Valdis but am not sure if something else is needed.  Here is what I did...  I clicked to add the event, then clicked the green plus sign, added LOAD M3U PLAYLIST BY DATEMASK, then clicked ADD ACTION in which I then selected the folder that tomorrow's playlist is in.  I wasn't able to see any PLAYLISTS, would allow me to select a FOLDER onliy, so I don't see anything scheduled, should I be doing something else?  Thanks-  Ron

Valdis

• Personal Text
    • home
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 06:20:57 PM »
That's right, you can select a folder and RadioDJ will look for M3U playlists in that folder matching files by specified data mask. Date mask has to be entered in argument filed. You are most likely looking for "HH" date mask, that would be hours in 24-hour format. There are multiple forum thread discussing date masks. Just search for "M3U Playlist Date Mask" in global forum search.
I am, therefore I think.
I design and develop web apps, and have created few RadioDJ plugins - https://axellence.lv/downloads/

ruvo80

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 01:52:02 AM »
As far as I understand the post of marius, there won't be a better music scheduler in the new release and there are no plans of creating it?

It would be great if there was a software wich could read the database of Radiodj.
Otherwise it would take lots and lots of time to make a new (same) database..
Even if u want to add new songs.. u have to add them twice. It cost's lot of time..
My database is over 15000 songs at this moment......... (Not all songs should be scheduled tough..)
The power of music

Valdis

• Personal Text
    • home
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 04:46:57 AM »
I am able to import to RadioDJ from Music1, just not sure how to have RadioDJ kick out the extra (over scheduled songs) so it can start each hour as close to the next clock hour from Music1.
To "kick out" the extras songs, you can use "Clear Playlist!" event action right before loading new M3U playlist.
I am, therefore I think.

CommunityNetRadio

• New User

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 11:11:08 AM »
Yes, that is what I have RadioDJ doing each day at 12:00am when a new playlist begins.  The playlist from Music1 is 24 hours and within playlist is (24) 1 hour clocks.  Where this gets tricky is Music1 suggests that each hour gets over scheduled by a couple of songs.  The reason for this is during any given hour, there are spots that may be added in the mix that can mess with the length of the playlist in any given hour.  So the idea (that other automation systems are able to do) is for RadioDJ each hour to automatically dump was is not needed (the extra songs) and automatically reset to the next hour.  Specifically, if a setting to reset (as an example) for 58:30 each hour, then what ever song is playing before that time will continue and finish, then RadioDJ will kick out what else is remaining in that particular one hour and automatically schedules the 1st song (or event) for the next hour according to the Music1 playlist clock.  Sounds like this is being looked into so I am hopeful that this will be able to work soon with RadioDJ.  Thanks for your participation in this discussion. 

Valdis

• Personal Text
    • home
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2016, 11:19:50 AM »
To do what you describe you'd have to load a new playlist every hour if Music1 can generate hourly playlists. RadioDJ has no means to tell what tracks should be kicked out, because it has no idea where the hour separations should be according to Music1.
Beside, loading 24 hours worth of tracks may lock up RadioDJ for a moment when tracks from playlist are loaded.
I am, therefore I think.

ruvo80

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2016, 03:47:49 PM »
Lots of automations load a 24hour playlist and delete the songs wich are not played each hour so the toth will start at exactly **:00
For radiodj you should make 24 playlists a day and indeed make an event wich clears the playlist, load a new and start TOTH at the right time...
The power of music

Marius

• Administrator

• Radio DJ
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2016, 03:59:19 PM »
That's because rdj is not made with external scheduler in mind, but that doesn't mean that you can't use it. It's not a big deal for me to create a new event action which will clear the playlist before adding new tracks, but having each event action separate gives you more flexibility in building events.
And now, let's be serious for a second it really is such a big effort to add a "clear playlist" action to the event which is loading the new playlist?

As far as I understand the post of marius, there won't be a better music scheduler in the new release and there are no plans of creating it?

It would be great if there was a software wich could read the database of Radiodj.
Otherwise it would take lots and lots of time to make a new (same) database..
Even if u want to add new songs.. u have to add them twice. It cost's lot of time..
My database is over 15000 songs at this moment......... (Not all songs should be scheduled tough..)

Because we talk on the Music1 topic, are you aware that you can import the files from RadioDJ to the Music1 using a csv file? RadioDJ can export it's library (including subcategories, genre etc) using CSV Exporter plugin.

And yes, i plan to improve the built in scheduler, but that doesn't mean that it will directly compete with their big brothers which for a good reason costs o lot of money. Or who knows, maybe there will be a pro version for some bucks.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

CommunityNetRadio

• New User

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2016, 11:55:37 AM »
If this can be done for RadioDJ, part of how this would need to work is for RadioDJ, if shut down and brought back up, would have to know where to sync on a 24 hour playlist, so as not to start the playlist at the beginning.  Does this look like this is possible to happen?

Filip83

• www.diskonektedmusic.com
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2016, 08:14:43 PM »
I really don't see any reason why to use an external playlist generator in the 1st place. RDJ can be so flexible... Maybe it even gives you too much options and freedom. :D jk
www.diskonektedmusic.com
www.soundcloud.com/diskonekted

affirm

• New User

• Affirm Southern Gospel Radio
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2016, 04:03:47 AM »
So now that I'm able to import my hourly playlist...I've come up with another problem.  How do I get sweepers to play over the song intros.  I can schedule a specific sweeper to play, but it just plays in between songs.  Any suggestions?

Jhonny

• Personal Text
    Peace, enjoy life, last sleep is longer than live!
    • Jhonny's RadioDJ tutorials.
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2016, 06:14:59 AM »
I really don't see any reason why to use an external playlist generator in the 1st place.
True, only after reading the tutorials and looking to the movies, this piece of software has more to offer to create 24 hour playlists and not one day the same.

So now that I'm able to import my hourly playlist...I've come up with another problem.  How do I get sweepers to play over the song intros.  I can schedule a specific sweeper to play, but it just plays in between songs.  Any suggestions?

Using the playlist builder is a option.
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs, I do tuts. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) visit  https://radiodj.info

Testing RadioDJ v2.0.3.1 Beta