• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

WARNING #PR_Error:

Started by Maitho, July 31, 2016, 08:58:05 PM

Maitho

Greetings,

I fired up my pre-production cpu today and attempted to lunched RDJ 1.8.2; this is the message that popped up: WARNING #PR_Error: Conversion from string "" to type 'Integer' is not valid.

I've already attempted to restore the data base, however that has not resolved the problem. I'm still not able to lunch RDJ.

I'm assuming that I have to do a re-install of RDJ? Will I have to also do a total re-install of my Maria DB? Perhaps, there just a simple file that needs replacing?

I'm hoping someone can suggest the best steps to fix this issue, before I venture out mess up things even more? :D

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Valdis

The error is caused by an empty setting in either settings_general.xml or settings_soundcards.xml file. Unfortunately, the error doesn't tell which setting or which file, but only that it should be an integer (number).
I am, therefore I think.
I design and develop web apps, and have created few RadioDJ plugins - https://axellence.lv/downloads/

Marius

"#PR_Error" is raised when the priority value is not set properly the program options.
If it doesn't allows you to start the program to set in in the options, open in notepad "settings_general.xml" and locate these lines
  <Settings>
    <Key>Priority</Key>
    <Value>1</Value>
  </Settings>

If the value is not a numerical one, change it to 1.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Maitho

Greetings,

Thanks to both of you for direction. It seems that I did have a numerical value inserted into the code. Should this number actually be 1 instead of 2?   

Your help is appreciated!

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes" ?>
- <NewDataSet>
- <Settings>
  <Key>RotationID</Key>
  <Value>18</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>StationName</Key>
  <Value>0</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>StationSlogan</Key>
  <Value>0</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>MainZonesDivider</Key>
  <Value>643</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>WindowWidth</Key>
  <Value>1288</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>WindowHeight</Key>
  <Value>746</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>WindowTop</Key>
  <Value>0</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>WindowLeft</Key>
  <Value>0</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>LastUsedPath</Key>
  <Value>Arrested Development - Revolution.mp3</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>SaveWaveForm</Key>
  <Value>False</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>AutoSelectCue</Key>
  <Value>False</Value>
  </Settings>
[b]- <Settings>
  <Key>Priority</Key>
  <Value>2</Value>
  </Settings>[/b]
- <Settings>
  <Key>Language</Key>
  <Value>English (United States)</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>BASS_CONFIG_BUFFER</Key>
  <Value>400</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>BASS_CONFIG_REC_BUFFER</Key>
  <Value>2000</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>BASS_CONFIG_MIXER_BUFFER</Key>
  <Value>1</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>BASS_CONFIG_VISTA_TRUEPOS</Key>
  <Value>True</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>in_Fade2Input</Key>
  <Value>False</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>vol_onsweeper</Key>
  <Value>4</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>vol_overlay</Key>
  <Value>2</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>vol_vt</Key>
  <Value>2</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>dur_fadeout</Key>
  <Value>1500</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>volume_out</Key>
  <Value>40</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>remove_silence</Key>
  <Value>True</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>ThresholdStart</Key>
  <Value>-25</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>ThresholdNext</Key>
  <Value>-15</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>ThresholdEnd</Key>
  <Value>-28</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>full_clock</Key>
  <Value>False</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>SearchResult</Key>
  <Value>100</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>AlwaysOnTop</Key>
  <Value>False</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>Minimize2Tray</Key>
  <Value>False</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>DateFormat</Key>
  <Value>dddd, d MMMM yyyy</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>AutoDJStart</Key>
  <Value>False</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>AutoPlay</Key>
  <Value>True</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>RepeatTrackInterval</Key>
  <Value>60</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>RepeatArtistInteval</Key>
  <Value>60</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>ArtistSeparation</Key>
  <Value>False</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>ReducePriorityBy</Key>
  <Value>0</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>ResetSubcategories</Key>
  <Value>False</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>SweeperIntroOverride</Key>
  <Value>60</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>SweeperOverrideFit</Key>
  <Value>False</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>ShowInfoWindow</Key>
  <Value>True</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>DefaultTrackPriority</Key>
  <Value>50</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>ShortcutButton1</Key>
  <Value>---</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>ShortcutButton2</Key>
  <Value>---</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>ShortcutButton3</Key>
  <Value>---</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>ShortcutButton4</Key>
  <Value>---</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>ShortcutButton5</Key>
  <Value>---</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>LogActive</Key>
  <Value>False</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>RightZonesDivider</Key>
  <Value>194</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>EnableArtwork</Key>
  <Value>False</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>ArtworkPath</Key>
  <Value>C:\RadioDJ\Album-Art</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>DAYS_2_KEEP_HISTORY</Key>
  <Value>0</Value>
  </Settings>
- <Settings>
  <Key>ColorPlayed</Key>
  <Value />
  </Settings>
  </NewDataSet>

Valdis

Your issue is actually "ColorPlayed" value. I wonder how Marius has missed the bug in his code.

Here are correct values for both buggy settings:

<Settings>
    <Key>ColorPlayed</Key>
    <Value>-9813952</Value>
  </Settings>
  <Settings>
    <Key>ColorDisabled</Key>
    <Value>-8388480</Value>
  </Settings>

XML files should be edited using Notepad or, even better, Notepad2 or Notepad++.
I am, therefore I think.
I design and develop web apps, and have created few RadioDJ plugins - https://axellence.lv/downloads/

Maitho

Update for clarity: When I click on the RDJ shortcut icon, the WARNING message pops up. However, once I click (x) and close the pop up, RDJ will lunched. BUT, my rotations will no longer auto or manually load into the Que. My playlist/Que is completely empty, and will not load even when I utilize the clear button.

However, I'm just now realizing that I can manually drag and drop songs into the Que/playlist and they will play. I can also play the songs from the library. I can also see the events bar (bottom right) active and counting down normally. BUT again, my rotations will not auto or manually load???

Hope these additional details will help.

Valdis

Did you correct the general_settings.xml using info I gave you? The last four lines before "</NewDataSet>" should be replaced with code I gave. Do that while RadioDJ is NOT running.

The file may have been deleted, so replacing it with one from original RadioDJ zip file should be okay as well.

If rotations still fail to load, open Windows Event Viewer and see Applications section for errors from RadioDJ.
I am, therefore I think.

Maitho

OK, I replace the "settings_general.xml" file with one from the original zip download...still not loading the rotations. I opened up the event viewer and I'm trying to get it to load as an attachment/ screen shot but RDJ is saying that it is to large. Please bare with me as I figure out how to show it.

Valdis

Quote from: Maitho on August 01, 2016, 01:03:03 AM
I opened up the event viewer and I'm trying to get it to load as an attachment/ screen shot but RDJ is saying that it is to large. Please bare with me as I figure out how to show it.
Just copy and paste the error message if there are any.
I am, therefore I think.

Maitho

I can not find a way to post the screen shot, RDJ says the file is to large. And for some reason, the Event viewer will not allow me to copy and paste??  I will just type some of what the Event Viewer reads:
(The top 60% of the listings read this way)
Information     7/31/2016     3:34:13 PM     MySQL     None     100     N/A

(The bottom 40% read like this)
Information     7/29/2016     3:34:13 PM     HHCTRL     None     1904     N/A 

(Here are the few different listing from the top half that seem to be the problem)
Information     7/31/2016     3:46:13 PM     RadioDJ    None     0     N/A
________________________________________________________________________________
Information     7/31/2016     3:04:13 PM     gusvc    None     0     N/A
Information     7/31/2016     3:03:38 PM     gusvc    None     0     N/A

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gusvc ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service stopped.
________________________________________________________________________________
Information     7/31/2016     7:07:45 PM     FirebirdGuardianDefault    None     0     N/A
The description for Event ID ( 251 ) in Source ( FirebirdGuardianDefaultInstance ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Server Started: Guardian starting: "E:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_2_5\bin\fbserver.exe"will not be accessible using the
# lQ.
___________________________________________________________________________________
WARNING 7/31/2016     7:07:45 PM     MySQL    None     100     N/A
The description for Event ID ( 100 ) in Source ( MySQL ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: TIMESTAMP with implicit DEFAULT value is deprecated. Please use --explicit_defaults_for_timestamp server option (see documentation for more details).

Maitho

Here one more that reads a little different:

WARNING 7/30/2016   11:26:45 PM     Userenv    None     1517     N/A
Windows saved user PF-2DCB74398D80\Paul registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at
__________________________________________________________________________________

Maitho

Looks like some file may have been corrupted, perhaps by logging off while "an application or service was still using the registry". As I mentioned, I've already replaced the "settings_general.xml" file, should I replace all of the xml files? Any suggestions?

Valdis

We are not interested in other messages than RadioDJ and maybe MySQL, and only errors. You said Event Viewer does not allow to copy. Have you tried selecting the text in "General" tab and clicking Ctrl+C on keyboard? You can even select event in the list and click Ctrl+C to copy.

Screenshot can be created, annotated and quickly uploaded for sharing using LightShot.

One simple and maybe stupid question: What colour is the AutoDJ button in RadioDJ? If the button is orange and says "MANUAL" no tracks will be loaded from rotations.
I am, therefore I think.

Marius

Quote from: Valdis on August 01, 2016, 12:26:18 AM
I wonder how Marius has missed the bug in his code.

@Valdis:
Since Maitho mentioned the "#PR_ERROR" identifier i searched the code to see in what block is used and i could find it only on the priority set block.
If after that, the color or other settings raised new exceptions, i can't know that, because the OP didn't mentioned them and the xml file content was posted only after my reply.  ;)

Also, keep in mind that this version of RadioDJ is has been released over an year a go. The new version has the default values hard coded and if for some reason it can't read them from the xml file, it will use them as a fallback.

@Maitho: if you replaced the xml file with the default one, it was also replaced the default rotation ID. Please go to options, tracks rotations and select your default rotation and click ok. This should save it to your new xml file.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Maitho

Greedings Valdis,

First, I must thank you for making the effort to help :cool:

After my last post, and before your last reply, I decided to just re-install RDJ and all is working now.

However, after viewing your screenshot, I can see where some of my hang ups are coming from. As I mentioned, the problem was only occurring on my pre-production CPU; which is still running XP. I don't have all of the options shown in your screen shot..."custom Views", "ServerRoles" for example.  My on-air, and phone cpu's however, are running windows 7, and do show the options, however, the problem is not on those machines.

I can only assume that I might have corrupted a file somehow, seeing that all is working with the re-install. Yes, I'm aware of the Autodj/Manual button and it's functions.

Valdis, please don't feel like this was a waste of your time, I learned several new things about RDJ from your direction. For example, utilizing Event Viewer to troubleshoot RDJ specifically, and my cpu in general. And I'm sure other readers will benefit as well. Thank U for your help!